Just finished watching this. Here are my thoughts

Just finished watching this. Here are my thoughts

Season 1 was good, season 2 was definitely the best and had the best finale, season 3 was pretty decent but had a few too many filler episodes and the ending was cool, especially the Zuko Azula fight but I kinda felt it dropped the ball a little

Sokka is best character fight me

Katara aang is fuckin weird man. She looks like she could pass for a woman and he looks like a damn 10 year old- should have been Zuko

I've seen people posting leaves from the vine everywhere and never really knew what it was but fuck Bros that's some sad shit poor iroh

Overall 9.5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/53rCO8BsKwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should watch Korra, if you liked The last airbender, you will love it too

>First season is good
>Second season is pure trash
>Third season is the greatest shit i've ever seen in animaton
>Fourth season was okay, i guess.

Which was the one with the origin of the avatar again? I skipped everything that wasn't about that.

I just started that today I'm about 6 eps in. So far seems good and I really like the bending taking villain

> the ending of some episodes where they're all riding Appa and that dreamy music plays

> the island episode

> the swamp episode

> when aang meets that Indian guy who meditates

damn good show

Always thought this was a shitty Americanized """anime""" until my ex made me watch it. One of the best shows out there.

I think the problem is that Korra was never meant to be a long-running show, they planned it for just one season. So everything gets wrapped up with a neat deus ex machina in the end to give everyone their powers back. I bet if they had known they were going to make multiple seasons, they would have left her with just airbending and getting the rest of her powers back would have been the focus of the following seasons.

>leaves from the vine

I like S3 because it further humanized Zuko and Azula, Zuko was already on the road to dedemption in S2, but I liked seeing him have heart to hearts with the gang when he switches sides. I also liked that the transition wasn't smooth at all and he kinda had to win everyone over individually. Oh and the beach episode fucking owned. Also I wanted to fuck Ty lee (still kinda do)

korra has many, many faults.
if your somehow attached to the ghost world do not watch korra OP. they screw that up big time

>I also liked that the transition wasn't smooth at all and he kinda had to win everyone over individually.

Exactly this. Also loved the fact you could see him trying to redeem himself in their eyes

Season 2, it was the only redeemable thing in it

Best

her cameo or w.e in Korra was so hamfisted and lame, whoda thunk a spunky backtalkng grandma wouldn't be as cool as a kid in a kid's show

way better than it had any right to be
>actually explores some deep ideas love, responsibility, honour, vengeance etc
>goofy jokes but some things are genuinely funny like when they break the 4th wall about that character being killed off in a kids show
>action stuff never overstayed it's welcome
>world building that is actually interesting
I think it's always better when kids entertainment has a bit of edge to it as well, the face stealer in the spirit world was genuinely creepy.

she was a turbo slut

it's funny that Azula was given the role of child prodigy with supervillain evil driving her, and it never got played out, fucking awesome characters overall

delete

The two water bender brothers fighting was the only good part of the second season and it only lasted about 30 seconds

I am tired of the first season being passed off as good. The fact that Amon was a water bender made it complete shit. It would have been 100x better if he was an actual non-bender.

Season 2 set up so many intriguing elements that Season 3 dropped for no reason.

>spouting this overused meme opinion
Wow you must be so interesting, user. Go back to your shitty cop dramas, soyboy

So is this anime worth watching?

>goofy jokes but some things are genuinely funny like when they break the 4th wall about that character being killed off in a kids show
Wait, when did that happen?

>S1
shit
>S2
shit
>S3
bearable
>S4
garbage fire, shounen levels of autism

>if you liked The last airbender, you will love it too

The bulk of the show was hit or miss for me, but good God that ending was phenomenal. The final four episodes might be the best finale to any TV show I have ever seen period. It absolutely blew me away.

youtu.be/53rCO8BsKwU

Yes. However it's best to remember going in that it's KID kino. There are a lot of childish elements and writing that turns a lot of people off you will need to look past if you want to get the most out of the show

It really was astonishingly brilliant. I sat to watch it one day and my housemate scoffed at me for doing so. 2 days later he was sitting by and watching every single episode with me. I can't believe I never gave it more of a chance as a kid - I even saw the movie before I bothered investing in the series. This thread just makes me want to binge this again despite having a hoard of other shows I should begin with.

Yeah and does anyone even die in the show?

jet kinda did

Yea one side character

I think user was talking about the play episode in the finale

The deaths in Korra were pretty brutal for a kid's show

Fuck no.

Skip the legend of the lesbian avatar OP

just watch the live action movie you retard, its genuinely good and covers everything worthwhile about that shit show

(you)

Don't listen to this guy, Korra is trash

I don't understand this opinion, I think the idea of a self-hating bender who has seen the utter cruelty the most corrupt benders will stoop to and wants to eradicate it is a great one. There are tones of other flaws in his plan and his reveal as a bender by flying 30 feet in the air in a waterspout instead of trying to swim back to shore, or even just save himself more subtly with his bending, was completely retarded. But his whole backstory where his father was a cruel but extremely powerful bender was perfect for me, Amon was just a radical communist which worked real well with the setting of a modernizing western style city in the notAsia world of Avatar

I thought the whole show was great. The occasional filler episode but even the filler episodes were entertaining.

Definitely check out Korra if you liked The Last Airbender, then go watch Naruto (very similar show, it's pretty long but there's a lot of filler you can skip).

Avatar will always hold a special place in my heart.
Favourite episodes as a die-hard fan:
1) Aang in a Fire Nation school
2) Sokka's sword training
3) Aang and Bumi as kids
4) Aang and monk Gyatso throwing the pies
5) Aang and Katara swimming and Toph gambling