Latchkey Kingdom Thread

New pages are out, come shoot the shit
link to the comic: latchkeykingdom.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

picarto.tv/LKComic
patreon.com/LKComic/posts
gumroad.com/p5ych#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HEH. That's cute. I've been kinda curious since way back when he was introduced, but what exactly is the relationship between a babel finch and their dog? Considering the name I just assumed it was some kind of beneficial parasite, like the babel fish, but he's clearly more independent than that.

The bird is the hound's master from the red world, they're seeding lagend for their rulers: the red trees

The glass has been thrown. It is on now!

Angry mode activated!

Love the tiny lemon taped to the phone.

>that tear
Aw, no bully Moxie. She's just following orders.

The bird is just a pet that automaticly translates any dog language it hears. Rex probably just have trained it well so that it sticks around at all times.

Similar kinds of birds have been shown both in this series and in 70-Seas that just translates a language if it hears it.

Woodstock fell in love with Bridget, too. Man, that is one bizarre love triangle...

Triangle?
You are forgetting Zander and Liam, so this falls into some kind of lovecraftian geometry of love.

Just imagine the orgy that will bring.

I just tried to imagine the form Bridget would have to accomodate all of them.

Not sure how to feel about it...

This is a Familiar fight.

... Get it? GET IT?

Because Svana is a witch and Victoria is one too, kinda, and their abnornal "pets" are fighting each other.

So it is a Familiar fight!

Maybe some of the guys will have to share amongst themselves.

Thats easy.

SpongeBridget Squarepants form.

I doubt any of the guys would willingly be the bottom.

And now my imagery of that scene got worse.

Nah, the sponge tissue might be slightly scratchy
Let's try pic related, but keep adding compatible butts and vagánias until everyone can fuck

gonna need to add the bits that all the guys want
you know wagging tails, wings and boobs
go full eldritch abomination

The bird is a pet, yeah. There are a bunch of different kinds of birds like that, different sizes.

Think of them like well trained parrots. Very Intelligent, but not quite "Flinstones Animal" in that they can't communicate their own ideas. Rex can make Woodstock go dormant just by placing some cloth ontop of its head.

Moxie understands and performs complex tasks just fine and she has a capybara brain.
Maybe animals are not considered sapient if thet lose the mirror test.

If you are going Lovecraftian then I think that Moxie is single. Full of jellyflesh too.

Oh I don't think Zander would mind being bottom

>zander's into futa
should've expected it t b h

>Moxie understands and performs complex tasks just fine and she has a capybara brain.
I think Victoria just trained her well. That or capybaras are very smart on Lagend.

>If you are going Lovecraftian then I think that Moxie is single.
She is too innocent for lewds. Also that would be bestiality.

That is only if it's a girl, so Liam is out the gate on that. And he isn't even wielding a sword, just a stick.

>That is only if it's a girl, so Liam is out
he'd just make Liam wear a stuffed bra and wig during

Zander grew up with Willa so I think he subconsciously disregards girls who aren't as feminine as the damsels in his books.
Probably why Debbie is not getting the reaction she would like out of him.

He just doesn't know that many girls his age who actually wear dresses.
Lots of tomboys.

If only there were a girl with shape-shifting abilities

But would Liam go along with it?

Yes but we were discussing what if Bridget wasn't available to all of them at once.

>But would Liam go along with it?
after all this nonsense yeah

This thread got real weird real fast

Frankly I'm impressed.

Usually it takes a few days shitposting to get to futa

So are we down with posting Nick's side-comics here?

Because if not I can stop.

this one is completely lost on me

So is Bridget's headband actually part of her body? Is it like an Antenna?

Because if it is one of those frills of skin that expands to make the creature look bigger, it should have worked by now.

And we do know of one other Fairy with antennas of sorts.

Sure, why not.

It is a Videogame reference. It makes sense, I promise.
It is one of those "you actually only walk around and talk with people" kind of Visual Novel games.

Mind control chip. The fairy government is using it to keep Bridget from wanting to return to her homeland.

If she's fucking up this bad in Hilla imagine the damage she could do in a world with nuclear weapons.

> Wow, I didn't know that was a headband

fair enough

We did it last thread so I see no reason to not do it

>So is Bridget's headband actually part of her body?
Either that or some kind of special fairy clothing since she had it when she arrived otherwise naked.

New censored commission featuring bikinis andBULLYING!

What did you think it was, just pink hair?

A huge pink eye she seldom opened?

Oh hey. Svana has opera gloves and stockings, but it looks like she also has a mark over her heart.

And now we also know the sole of her feet looks like.

And maybe Victoria isn't as cruel when she is sober.

>but it looks like she also has a mark over her heart.
I think that is how she got her name

>And now we also know the sole of her feet looks like.
I think this is the first time we have seen a yumans bare feet.

>spoiler
I have a feeling it's the opposite.

>I think this is the first time we have seen a yumans bare feet.

I wonder what that request stream was like

>ignoring the detail that Serra has stripes over her tats
Smh
Forever lost to the ages

right, I forgot about thsi one

that is from way before he did streams
I think he just decided to take requests one day

Footpads on a rabbit?

Nick I think it is time to admit you like their noses and long ears but don't really care for rabbits that much.

Your comic hasn't even mentioned how they have to have to eat their cecotropes for a healthy diet!

When the phone runs out of batteries, does she 'revert' back to her default form, or is she just stuck in whatever form she had been in?

> I think that is how she got her name
That's actually pretty cute.

>does she 'revert' back to her default form, or is she just stuck in whatever form she had been in?
stuck in the current form, like with what happened at the end of tourist having her stuck in her hound form

I think she gets stuck in whatever form she's in cause otherwise she wouldn't have been stuck as a dog at the end of Tourist.

Svana Blackheart and Hilde Chubbyface.

Shut up, she isn't chubby! (not that I wouldn't love her if she was)

Though going by that idea then a lot of kids would be named Chubbyface.

Seven legs
Eight vaginas

maybe more

another of nick's new hollow knight strips

heh

I bet Hilde was a chubby kid in lederhosen. Always with a chocolate in both hands.

Svana once bumped into her ice cream cone, getting all over the left side of her face and Hilde just couldn't resist.

shut up
stop trying to put that image in my head
she's a sexy barbarian warrior with a love for books and I want to keep that image of her!

you know it's true vinland user

no it's not

Wait, what -is- Hilde's last / second name?

Her name is Hilde of Stykkisvik
she is also known as The Wizard Smasher

her name is probably different since she was created long before the other zull characters and the whole naming convention of theirs was established

Hilde Chubbyface Atehersisterseye.

canon

Damn you popo Nuck!
Damn you!

Best Barbarian Babe Bump Before Bed

neat

qt

As far as I saw, this comic exploded in twitter and tumblr. Compare the number of retweet it has to the hollow knights ones.

makes sense, furry game where you dont even really play vs metroidvania game that you have to use some level of skill to beat
which will be more popular

The Moderately-Safety Dance.

>she's a sexy barbarian warrior with a love for books and I want to keep that image of her!

Ah, but how do you think she looked when she was a young lass into books, before she got into her head to become an adventurer?

Devouring books and icecream, that's was young Hilde alright.

tenouttaten

For Lapak's sake, the degeneracy in this thread. I thought we were waiting until Sunday to start threads to delay the shitposting.

Kek

Newfag reporting in. Why sunday, doesnt this update throughout the week?

I thought it was every 3 pages we made a new thread

So we have 3 pages of the comic plus Saturday sketches posted on Patreon.

Sup Forums's LK fanbase is not big enough to have constant discussions, so threads can go slow when there is no fresh content. To make conversations better and more engaging we are trying with new threads on sundays after 3 updates.

Too bad none of the bastards sharing it around have bothered to pick up the shirt I made based on it.

Guys, we are a herd of cats. We are NEVER going to be coordinated as to when these threads start or end.

Lets enjoy the magic and let it happen.

It IS a game that will probably be more popular with Letsplay-watchers than actual players.
You know, people who didn't actually purchase the game and never spent any money on it.

Plus the game studio can't Retweet your advertisement without risking their legal hold on their characters.

Im not completely caught-up yet, but I started reading this on saturday night and have since read up to the title card of Minion. I really like it so far, its really cute, puts a smile on my face. I'm usually total shit at reading webcomics, so the fact that I've gotten this far in a couple days should show how much I liked it.

I'll be honest, the cynic in me /rolls eyes after most of the video game references, but its not a big deal. The existence of "Levels" in a fantasy world also weirded the hell out of me the first time I saw it.

Did anyone else read usurper first, then get the impression that LKK would be a single giant story about going on an adventure to find Zander's parents? In hindsight I'm glad the comic went elsewhere, but since the author said Usurper was a good "trial" of the comic to come, ironically I disagree wholeheartedly.

Also Samira best girl, when does she show up again?

Welcome aboard!

The very first "Jinx" chapter is probably when VideoGame references are the more numerous. From there the comic is pretty much doing its own thing with occasional references to other stuff.

The Dungeons are still a setting, of course.

HEH. Yeah, there's some *kinda* cringey video game references in the side-chapters, but the main chapters and characters definitely won me over.

Also Get better taste

But wait, there's more!

Nick, the artist, often does art streams on Thursdays:
picarto.tv/LKComic
He mentioned that his next stream would be with another artist and they would probably draw each other's characters.

Nick posts Sketches and the results of these streams here:
patreon.com/LKComic/posts

And if you really want more here is a link to buy Nick's previous comics in the same world (His old website died):
gumroad.com/p5ych#

Considering the attention span of twitter and tumblr, selling t-shirts was a long shot. You need to reach way higher viral levels to expect to get some sales. Or maybe you just got unlucky.

>Plus the game studio can't Retweet your advertisement without risking their legal hold on their characters.
What? Why?

Hey, we might not be coordinated enough, but at least we wait a minimum ammount of time for new threads instead of spaming them. I would call that a small victory for organization.

>In hindsight I'm glad the comic went elsewhere, but since the author said Usurper was a good "trial" of the comic to come, ironically I disagree wholeheartedly.
The part that catched my attention with Usurper and made me read the rest of the comics was the mundane point of view of adventures for Willa. She went adventuring to get some money for groceries, cooked her own food and cut lumber by herself. I found all that too endearing.

Jynx however I wouldn't like it as a first impression comic. That one has too many video game references for my taste.

>Did anyone else read usurper first, then get the impression that LKK would be a single giant story about going on an adventure to find Zander's parents?
Nah, I believed it was going to be short disconnected chapters from the very start, maybe I would have thought otherwise if I knew what latchkey kid meant.

My only question about the comic is: Why dewclaws? And why do I think they're cute now...

>Plus the game studio can't Retweet your advertisement without risking their legal hold on their characters.
>What? Why?

They cannot condone anyone else making money directly off their intellectual property.
Because then it could be argued that they gave permission for everyone to use their characters commercially.

They will retweet art just fine, but retweeting an unauthorized commercial product with their characters is a big NoNo.
They can pretend they never saw it, but they can't advertise it even if they wanted.

Legal stuff.

>Why dewclaws?

May as well have a few animal characteristics all along the way, right? From head to toes.

Hybrids like Stella and Embalmer even have more dog-like hands and feet.

And ChubHilde is adorable.

>So is Bridget's headband actually part of her body? Is it like an Antenna?
I think it is the connection between her and the phone. All the actions of her phone are connected to her in some way after all.

Thats so chubby and adorable. Makes me wonder how did the wizards get her mad enough to send her into a murdering campaign.

>legal stuff
Makes perfect sense

Oh it IS the same color as her phone.

SHE'S TOO PURE

>Thats so chubby and adorable. Makes me wonder how did the wizards get her mad enough to send her into a murdering campaign.

"Magic Icecream! Now with triple the amount of calories you need! Fats from sea and land animals included! Rich Chocolate-Butane flavor!"
The label is a picture of young Sawl and Lewk wearing wizard costumes.

What would happen if I took off that headband?

I think you are a bit too old to go pulling on girls' hair to get their attention.

You should know that to attract a girl like Bridget you just have to be yourself.
Oh and have a nice tail. She likes nice dog tails.

she's a big owlbear

>bridget already planned back when willa still had her stripes and ponytail and was a side-story on 70 seas
damn

Jeez, I can't believe it never occurred to me before, but something is definitely up with that headband. 'The connection to her phone' would seem likely, but if that's the case, why wouldn't she just take it off as soon as she misplaced the phone?