Anything "Mexican" in modern media

>anything "Mexican" in modern media
>it's Day of the dead-themed

How is this allowed in allegedly left-wing Hollywood? This is cultural appropriation in its worst.

Day of the dead is the most interesting part of a rather boring culture

I get what you're saying, but I don't think cultural appropriation is a bad thing. It's a boogeyman term. Cultures intertwining is a good thing a lot of the time

That's true, but using a Mexican tradition as a popcultural token is a bit disrespectful. Plus, it's almost always American way of depicting it.

I also recalled pic related now

How is acknowledging a culture disrespectful tho my man?

That's how America expresses our own culture too haha, and since America makes most movies it makes sense that it would be occuring mostly in American media

looks ok to me

>I am offended, therefore, I am right
Maybe you should got be a faggot on some other website.

Is there anything interesting in Mexico besides cartels and DotD?

Any live action flicks about Day of the Dead?

Did you forget about Mexican stop light candy ?

No

modern mexico is a shithole

I agree, Mexican culture should stay in Mexico.
There's absolutely no need for anyone to know anything about any other culture, particularly in America.
While we're at it, spanish should be purged from American goods and services.

lol

Mexicans dont have much else

Wrestling

AYE PAPI

Are mexican kids so dumb because of all the lead in their candy?

shame because tamarind candy is delicious

>While we're at it, spanish should be purged from American goods and services.
Agreed, sick of what was previously clean well designed packaging being ruined by spic speak all over it

Easy to digest for idiot Americans because it's similar in principle and execution to Halloween.

Mexicans generally don't care because they love their culture so much, just as long as you don't do something retarded and try to trademark the holiday's name for your gay little movie.

We need more pre-columbian kino. Can't believe there has been literally only one movie about this.

Why are you telling us this? Write to PIXAR and tell them instead. The fuck you expect us to do about it

Guacamelee was good though and it got a lot of facets of mexican culture crammed into one game. Sure some of them were cliche and stereotypical but we're talking about a videogame here. Not to mention that the art style and animations were top tier.

but whut about muh lucha

Op here and I agree. Top game

>and try to trademark the holiday's name for your gay little movie
user, I...

Lucha is only popular in mexico city desu

Because if you can't make a Mexican movie about catholicism or cartels, that's your only other option

>that's your only other option
You could make a film about vaquero. Oh, wait, that would be a western, and those are considered american as apple pie and school shootings.

Anime cons.

Niggas you can hate mexico all you want but you can't deny that it is the asia of the west in terms of culture

>pedrobear

luchalibre
mexican food

to think a lot of Sup Forumsermin stayed away from this game because of 9 innocuous meme billboards, they missed out on a top-tier Metroidvania game.

wtf I hate Guacamelee now

Yet you’re still ok living in a Spanish named state like California or Texas.

Just like the Louisiana Purchase, we acquired it legally.

>hundreds of movies with white characters in it a year (nothing wrong with this btw)
>one movie with mexicans in it and trumptards lose their mind
I don’t get it, and I live in a hispanic majority city.

Holy fucking hell Hail Hydra was in 2014 and old enough to be included in Guacamelee? Feels like it was last year, plus, I don't remember seeing it in the game.

At least you’re not protesting changing the Spanish names like the retards with the confederate statues, I guess

its super special something edition

>Says the faggot Chicano

Can we get a movie about how "Mexican" rat faced Chicanos are?

No, I'm full cuck. I think all whites should commit ritualistic suicide and ceed all lands back to indigenous First Nations people.

Shut up mexican retard

That last one is just respecting his Latin American heritage.

>wants more mexican movies to be made
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Blood for Blood is essential chicano core.

You would know that wouldn’t you, chicano

I wish more of us would exist.

>asia of the west in terms of culture
What did he mean by this?

baneposting