When did this

When did this...

... become sexier than this?

Based Lex Luthor.

Luthor over there was right.

Remember when Chuck was a cool, if stubborn, old guy, and not a shady jerk who lied and backstabbed constantly?

Luthor

OR

Charles

?

Who could it be?

It's Xavier because muh minorities.

I kinda guessed due to the art looking like 90s Jim Lee.

I've seen this panel so many times, especially during the whole GG shitstorm, but I still don't know what the fuck it means.

What is the artist trying to convey through those black text boxes? Is this an actual un-photoshopped page? What the hell is going on?

It's an actual page not an edit.

It's real.
>what did they mean by this?
Muh meta-humour
We want the tumblr audience

Its even more egregious because why the fuck does an ancient dead god give half a shit about Israel? What could he possibly have to say?

>Its even more egregious because why the fuck does an ancient dead god give half a shit about Israel? What could he possibly have to say?

It never specifies he's talking about modern Israel. Israel way back in the olden times got into some shit.

The point is that "all bad people are the same and believe ALL of the bad things simultaneously" and "anything that doesn't expressly support my point of view is tantamount to violence."

For instance, if I don't support abortion, I must also be a Klansman. If I point out that women outnumber men in universities or that women live longer than me, I'm defending rape.

Essentially this

>Israel way back in the olden times got into some shit.
clearly his "unsolicited opinion" is "Tribe of Gad is GOAT."

>"unsolicited opinions on israel"

always gives me a chuckle

The funny thing is that the entire page qualifies as an unsolicited opinion.

I still can't believe this got published.

I mean, I know that Marvel has some really shit writers who would unironically write something like this, and I also know Marvel has some really shit editors who can barely be arsed to do their fucking jobs at the best of times, but somehow I just can't believe someone wrote this and thought this was a bad idea, and then several other people, like the editor and the artist, read this and didn't see anything wrong with it, and then it actually got printed in a real world, mainstream comic book and shipped to readers world-wide.

It's not even the shitty feminist agenda-pushing that gets me, but the absolute zero-effort mentality that goes into writing "dialogue" like that. They literally just couldn't be fucking bothered to write something that made sense in any waym just "this is a bad man so he must say bad things to drive that point home, except we're not going to write those things because fuck everyone reading this anyway, I just want to get paid."

The weird thing is, in the UK it's the left giving constant unsolicited opinions on Israel.

antisemitism is a massive problem in Labour right now (UK's major left leaning party that is fucked because they now have a far left leader who is unelectable)

Antisemites are a problem everywhere man

This. If you're gonna make the bad guy a bad guy, go all the way. Don't half-ass it by saying "oh he's saying totally bad stuff, but I'm too pure and righteous to have muh eyes soiled by it abloo abloo".

This reference was already dated and cringy when the comic got published.

>all of the journalists collaborate on a hit piece intended to refute accusations that the journalists are all in cahoots with each other and actively shape the narrative
>act surprised when this fails

this is fucking gold. People assume #OscarsSoWhite could NEVER come from a place of resentment but tweeting #HollywoodSoJewish would literally make you unemployable for life.

Visit

You have just enough time

I know, it's just weird that in the UK, if you hear someone saying something antisemitic, 4 out of 5 times it's someone on the left.

Just goes to show how butthurt people got over people challenging their narrative

>this was a bad idea
wasn't*

Marvel are abandoning this approach aren't they? Read that it's causing sales of big series to tank hard and that they've noticed that pushing this shit into the forefront is costing readers.

Given it could affect movies and TV series if they don't fix it, I'd imagine some execs overruled the editorial teams.

That said, I would have no objections with a Ms Marvel series that's an action-comedy along the lines of Buffy (but without Whedon obviously)

The Israel state is not the entirety of Jews. Strange if someone leans left and has nothing negative to say about Israel.

You fucking retards, it was clearly meant to be a joke, not a character-building moment. Still horrible, shit, unfunny writing, but at least bash it for the right reasons.

U mad Drumpfy? Are you tired of losing yet loser? I know that word hurts your fragile ego.

>Marvel are abandoning this approach aren't they?
No, man. They're not. Just because Marvel says they're returning some heroes to status quo, doesn't mean they'll stop preaching leftist politics. They gave gay Iceman his own series, America Chavez her own series, Teen Jean Grey her own series AND her own X-team to lead. Marvel isn't doing a fucking thing to get betterm

>Marvel says they're returning some heroes to status quo
Have you ever read most of the Marvel heroes? They're all leftist.
Spider-Man? A poor kid from Brooklynn, who lives with his aunt and uncle, and let's face it, is more than likely on welfare.
Cap? Shit nigga, he was saying it was okay to be gay decades ago.
X-Men are just a rotating cast of 'Don't discriminate'
Even Stark, who had to have been on friendly terms with some war lords, decides he's gonna cut that shit out

>>all of the journalists collaborate on a hit piece intended to refute accusations that the journalists are all in cahoots with each other and actively shape the narrative

Honestly, my big hangup with GG was that I believed that what they were fighting against were gaming media's greediness. You know, the short of stuff that caused Jeff Gurstmann to get booted from Gamestop after his poor Kane and Lynch review compared to all of the site's advertisements. How game reviewers have a high tendency to give glowing reviews to companies who give them free swag. How nobody actually really has a degree in journalism.

Instead, it was a story about how an ex-boyfriend of a game developer made up some narrative about how she fucked five guys to get more publicity for her game and suddenly everyone went berserk. Like, THAT was the hill you guys wanted to die on?

>They're all leftist.
That's irrelevant. Marvel heroes used to be heroes with flaws. They didn't step onto soap boxes and preach about minorities and homosexuals being the best characters ever.

source pls?

>A guy who scams his boss for a living with staged photos of a criminal
>A guy who will be called 'literally Hitler' in today america
>Muh genetics of peace and the proceed to battle on a city
>An alcoholic who sold weapons to the taliban
You are right, they are leftist.

>huge swathes of your party's supporters are Muslims
>suddenly antisemitism in your party is enormous

Not hard to work out man.

The definition of liberal has changed since then
What was considered bleeding heart liberal yesterday is considered literally hitler today.
>Spider-Man? A poor kid from Brooklynn, who lives with his aunt and uncle
when he was a college student, most versions he moves out later, even still being poor doesn't make you vote a certain way.
>Cap? Shit nigga, he was saying it was okay to be gay decades ago.
Cap also believes in constitutional rights and thinks they apply to everyone equally, that kind of talk would be problematic today
>X-Men are just a rotating cast of 'Don't discriminate
Professor X preaches tolerance and unity while Erik "Kill the oppressors" Lenshir is the bad guy
>Even Stark, who had to have been on friendly terms with some war lords, decides he's gonna cut that shit out
If being anti-war makes you liberal I guess Obama was neocon then?

Reminds me how ironic all those "punch nazis" people kept posting pictures of Cap punching Hitler and using it as justification for attacking people they disagree with when Cap actually takes the high road on that issue.

No you dumbass. Hating jews is the norm, anglos and germanics are fucked in the head and victims of strong propaganda by said jews

Don't you have a twitter to bitch on, Nick?

made me laff

... Become more accepted than this?

Wolverine get off Sup Forums you're going to break the keyboard again

>white
>white
>mostly white
>white

I don't really see how the two are related at all?

Looks like Loki: Agent of Asgard.

It's a real page, not edited.

The joke was supposed to be that Bor is your older relative who is constantly saying offensive things at family events. I think the joke would have been funnier if the censorship text had been less specific.

>Instead, it was a story about how an ex-boyfriend of a game developer made up some narrative about how she fucked five guys to get more publicity for her game
Except that's not what happened you disingenuous fuck.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

I would argue that one is a thought provoking character moment, and the other is how modern comics from Marvel handle politics: by talking down to the reader & aggressive out of character moments to push the writer's agenda

Kek

impressive mental gymnastics

>confirmed child serial killer lecturing distraught man concerned for his son's mental health

They're both in hell btw so it's just bizarre that one of these two characters has attempted to take a moral highground, neverminding that it's Harley Fucking Quinn of all people.

So what? maybe he was worse than she was? and arguably someone killing people with chaos as the reason could be construed as less evil over someone with a bigoted reason, because at least the one simply creating chaos isn't doing it out of pointless hate over words in a 2000 year old book.

Have you ever considered for even a moment that people put immense value in progeny?

2,000 book nuthin'. You might never understand the agony of knowing your offspring is going to die childless and alone, but I'm sure your parents do.

>in the UK, if you hear someone saying something antisemitic, 4 out of 5 times it's someone on the left.

The simple explanation for this is: Muslims.

I've got 5 siblings even if I don't breed neither of my parents is gonna care, that said, I don't, nor would I, care if any child I happen to have turns out to be a homosexual, male or female, that is up to them to figure out.

>Criticizing Israel is now antisemitism
I can guarantee that's what the majority of your cases apply to and it's bullshit, the most critical people I've met of Israel were Jewish.

That's very beautiful and flowery that your parents don't have to worry that their family tree isn't going to end on account of your inability to bear offspring.

>having children
>getting married

What a cuck you are.

Yeah well your haircut is shit.

Let's be honest though: if the muslim invasion of the past years tought us anything it's that anti-semites are retards.

That's Ewing taking the piss and you know it.

You have never heard of adoption, have you? I don't know anyone who gives so much of a shit about "continuing the family line" in this day and age, there's 7 billion humans, and my family name is Irish, on both parents sides, and both families are very large, my choices will have absolutely no effect on whether either name continues to exist, they will both still be here when I'm dead and gone.

i heard the rumor that now with trump as president marvel is chicken out with the progresive rethori
what a bunch of cowards

>adoption
Top cuck, never change Sup Forums

>You have never heard of adoption, have you
Literally stopped reading right there.

Raising some genetic failure's bastard offspring is not the same as having a child of your own. Quit pretending it is; it's not, and it is pure hogwash that people try to peddle it that way.

Anyone with a bowlcut above the age of 12 probably has problems.

>confirmed child serial killer
1. You're retarded
2. The page that was posted is from a comic that was published a decade before the comic you are referring to
3. You're retarded
4. Harley Quinn's stories operate on nuanced """morality"""
5. You're retarded
6. Everybody ignores the comic you're talking about anyway
7. You're retarded

One: I'm not gay. Two: I do want kids. Three:why do you care at all?
Don't believe I ever claimed it was the same, just stated that it was an option

here's another (You) for both of you, go home to Sup Forums now.

>Image wasn't Guy Gardner
user I am disappoint

>t. Butthurt Harleyfag

>t. Zoe Quinn

>just stated that it was an option
Yeah, a fucking shitty option. The kind where your parents say they're proud of you and smile even though they're dying inside.

They don't care that you're gay. Nobody asked. Why do you believe that it's relevant?

Or they are legitimately proud because you're doing your part for society by taking in a child nobody wanted, and I imagine they'd be prouder if you were sterile or infertile, whatever you want to believe though.

You know what would really make them proud?

Knowing that you aren't a genetic dead end who puts """society""" ahead of their own flesh and blood.

>calling someone retarded 4 out of 7 times
wew m8, see a doctor immediately, that much salt is bad for your blood pressure

bro calm down

Why would parents who raised a gay kid have the exact same views as you? Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think that?

You know nothing of my family user, they do not care as long as what I choose makes me happy, I hope your parents feel the same way, but I'm absolutely sure they don't.
It's literally the opposite, I'm straight. of course, here, everybody is a faggot, but I'm not a literal faggot.

>You know nothing of my family user, they do not care as long as what I choose makes me happy
Of course they tell you that, user.

Because they actually wanted and love their children.

Okay, I don't know if you're stupid or being deliberately obtuse, but go home now.

>and arguably someone killing people with chaos as the reason could be construed as less evil over someone with a bigoted reason
Get absolutely fucked. Murder is fucking murder.

I didn't say it wasn't, I said intent matters, how much it matters is debatable, and you're free to actually make a point at any time.

Intent matters, sure. But there's no "more evil" when it comes to murder. If you murder someone because you believe God told you to, or you murder someone because you believe it will make your psychotic boyfriend happy, it doesn't matter.
Both are irredeemable

I disagree and think there are worse things than murder, and redeemability depends on the individual in question, there are many who kill and regret it and seek both forgiveness and try to turn their lives around.

Defending hq. lol. She's always been a crazy bitch. You know fun but not a good person. Also the nu-version is just female joker.

Nah, I just like pissing people off, I will say though that somethings fucked up if even harley calls your ass out, thats all.

to be fair the choking on a quintet of strange dicks happened, but the "positive reviews" thing was total bullshit, the only article any of those guys wrote was a noncommittal "hey depression quest exists" post on RPS

regardless what's telling is the fact that instead of dogpiling on these five guys GG instead doxxed the dumb cunt they fucked and made harassing her a big cause

gamergate was an embarrassment for everyone involved

>all these replies ignoring the first paragraph and whining about the second
I feel the same way user. It was supposed to be about corruption and it ended up getting twisted into some dumb sjw shitflinging fest

because that's old news and kids don't feel progressive to that anymore. Now they have to push other issues that make mommy and daddy gawk.

around the same time when this happened.