(pic unrelated)

(pic unrelated)

Cartoons in general are aimed at kids, and then there's a special category of "adult" cartoons. How come there are no cartoons purposely aimed at both kids and adults?

Avatar is a good example of a family cartoon.

Imagine shoving your dick all the way up his ass and listening to his moans.

But cartoons that are aimed at kids often have some hidden references that are aimed at the adult audience.
Besides, "adult cartoons" just have themes that kids are not yet ready for.

But it's still on a children's channel and *aimed* at kids, regardless of who it's enjoyable for.

You just posted one

But most cartoons aimed at adults attract a child periphery demographic, and as the existence of Sup Forums shows, the reverse is true as well, so it's surprising nobody has tried deliberately capitalising on that.

'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' TV series. The protagonists are adults, and also partners. It's quite extraordinary as for kids' show.

>How come there are no cartoons purposely aimed at both kids and adults?

Most animated flicks released today are intended for the whole family.

Also don't forget that in the first half of film history (not sure about specific dates desu) they played cartoons before all movies in theaters, cartoons which were intended for kids and adults.

>The protagonists are adults, and also partners. It's quite extraordinary as for kids' show.
No they aren't. You clearly haven't watched it. They made Sam and Flint teenagers at high school and they don't date. It's suppose to be a prequel to the movie.

Dan Vs is a show about adults. Johnny Bravo, too. Simpsons was actually a very good all-around family sitcom for everyone to enjoy during its golden days. I think if there's any show that is a perfect example of how to do a cartoon that appeals to kids and adults, it would be Simpsons. It was very goofy, silly, exaggerated, but still did some mildly violent things and had characters shout words like hell and damn.

I really wish networks would stop being such prudes about light obscenities. Even fucking Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs movie has a character saying "Hellhole" and Regular Show said pissed once until it got censored. Kids older than ten wouldn't be so shy about admitting to their friends they still watch cartoons if 99% of the output wasn't baby hand-holding shit like Loud House ALL the time. There's a reason Family Guy's biggest audience is teens.

This is the quality content I come here for!

>How come there are no cartoons purposely aimed at both kids and adults?
What is King of the Hill?
What is The Simpsons?
What is Bob's Burgers?
And no. Gumball is aimed for children. Only they are stupid enough to enjoy Richard episodes.

>Hot take coming at you
The Simpsons. It had stupid cartoon humor for kids, clever jokes for adults, and it was on primetime on a major network. Even if it was technically "for adults" they definitely made it a cartoon about the modern family, for the modern family.

The only example you used that fits is Simpsons.

>What is King of the Hill?
It was aimed at adults, and was one of the few adult cartoons that *didn't* attract the attention of kids. A lot of kids found it boring.
>What is The Simpsons?
The Simpsons was aimed at adults. I'll give you credit in that it does have a large child demographic, but its primary audience is still adults. The creators stated that it's aimed at adults, but with awareness that kids watch it.
>What is Bob's Burgers?
Another cartoon that was aimed at adults. I don't know how popular it is with kids. Some episodes are appropriate for kids, but others (including the pilot) take it to Family Guy extremes with jokes about child molestation and the like.

>It's suppose to be a prequel to the movie.

But didn't the two meet during the events of the movie?

I thought Star Vs was aimed at both kids and adults.

Gumball is such a mindless randumb cartoom only kids could tolerate it

even parents can watch Loud House with their kids.

Anything on a children's network will primarily target kids, but a family show loves making jokes and references only an adult will get. Take ed edd n eddy for example, I bet they had a blast making that alien parody with ed as a xenomorph.

It is

Nearly every "example" in this thread is aimed at either kids or adults. A lot of cartoons are able to cross demographics, but it's almost always accidental (or at the very least, created with both demographics in mind but marketed exclusively to kids).

Lego Batman?