What time period has the best political cartoons and/or propaganda posters...

What time period has the best political cartoons and/or propaganda posters? And what nation do you think is the best at making it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_YG9XBX04Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

I'm always a big fan of WWII propaganda on both sides since both sides saw the other as pure evil.

WWII was a good period for it, no question.

And based on the common images we see, Italy was simultaneously the best and most incompetent.

Pretty much everyone involved wanted to eradicate the other guy.

>let's make our enemies into the coolest motherfuckers ever.

Hence the incompetence. I guess the dead child here works as making the "gangster pilot" seem like a bad guy, but fuck me he's rocking that star-spangled neckerchief.

It reminds me of that north korea cartoon with the sexy American imperialist vixen.

Gotta give it to Teddy.
Most political cartoons involving him are great.

Squirrel and Hedgehog is amazing with its failure at making America look bad.

Have a better version.

A weapon to surpass metal gear

The classics.

Liberator!?

It's always a good time with Teddy.

you truly had to be in on the joke after having traveled to see it.

There's a lot about this I don't understand, but the people dancing the jitterbug confuse me the most.

Germans hated Jazz.

thats pretty fucking badass

The nazis were big against "degenerate culture"

Germans thought it was degenerate African noise

always been my fav.

I like hte pro / anti abolishinist ones, mostly becuase they consider the irish and black slaves on equal grounds. All the irish monkey jokes too...

WWII may have been the best era, but I also really loved all the shit leading up to the Great War and the shit revolving around the world fairs.

Fuck I'm reliving my huge ass history 600 classes projects with the Philippine Insurrection.

>Philippine Insurrection.

>When your side wanted to put a stop to music and dancing

That's kind of a red flag that you're on the side of the villains

>now where could my pipe be?

awwww yis. Got the world fair's dog show? also a fav.

And puck was the best.

dude, its jazz.

>World's Most Beautiful Leg
obligatory Trump joke

waht

If I do, I wouldn't know. Almost none of my stuff is labeled or organized. I should do that some day.

And I have time deciding between Puck and Judge. Both were great.

This isn't even up for debate.
Windsor mccay makes the best fucking political cartoons bar none.

>filename
lol

Taft fat jokes might be my favorite. All that fancy turn of the century draftsmanship and cartooning not used to make some kind of big statement, but instead used to make fun of someone's weight.

Is he saying "you shall not pass"?

Fat jokes are like apple pies. They never get old.

>talking shit about jazz

Yes, a more literal translation is 'none shall pass'

>dude, its jazz.
Fuck you, it is time for degenerate trumpet music

youtube.com/watch?v=6_YG9XBX04Y

Punch is objectively the best answer

I think the soviets had the best stuff, mostly when they were doing it in a cartoony style.

Its this a Kinnikuman reference?

>political cartoons/comics used to look cool as fuck
>now its i am silly ms paint webcomic

Guess this one became relevant again

Old propaganda puts modern equivalents to shame.

I mean look at this. Look at all the fucking detail in a simple "Irish are potatoniggers" joke.

>90752066

Anything made by brits since after 1800. Everything they do has a special sense of epic that's just great

American cartoons from the 1900-1920. While some may argue it's basically carried on the back fo Windsor McKay, that period is the highest point of realist art in the USA and it translates to their political cartoons as well

Anything Soviet post 1940. WWII may be excluded because most things there were rushed.

jeez, this one seems waaay too damn accurate.

>90752266

Is that....Jesus about to make out with an Indian man?

I feel like Soviet Russia's greatest jab against the First World was racial tensions.

Which is is a pretty handyl/easy card to play when your nation inherited no history of inter-racial colonialism due to it's imperial predecessors simply being somehow less competent than Italy (I'm reasonably certain that if the Russian navy wasn't historically a joke of epic proportions we'd read about the genocide of Japan somewhere in the 17-1800s.)

tfw no teddy for prez

Russia is literally the world's most successful empire.

What do you think, the steppes where devoid of people? All the way to eastern coast there were thousands of tribal nations and some kingdoms in the southern steppes

Is that Bernie?

The Midwest plains and deserts weren't devoid of people either but the US can't brag much about wiping clean bands and nations of horseriding bowmen with repeating rifles and steam engines (oh yeah, and bullying Hispanics and the Mormons into giving up on an independent pacific coast)

The context of 'imperialist power' refers to your ability to actually seize and exploit resources and exotic peoples on another continent (usually Africa, India, Asia, or the Americas) not just kick over your direct neighbors because they consist of low population density medieval backwaters.

Imperialism is the conquest of territories that belong to foreign cultures. And Russia extended all the way to Asia. The great Russian industrial cities and mines in Siberia and beyond saw their beginnings on the 1800s empire. They even had a gold rush of their own. The territories where Giorgia and the stans resude had kingdoms and nations of their own, not backwater tribals. Mongolia may qualify as a nation too, but I can't remember.

Furthermore, Russia went to war with China, japan, a almost all the middle eastern nations, even annexed some of them, and spent a good chunk of it's resources trying to annex iran to divide Eurasia in two and reap the trade benefits.

In fact they retained most territories acquired and only lost them because they gave them increasing autonomy then suffered a major political crisis under the soviet era.

They were not a colonial power, but they were definitely an imperial power with hands in many different cultures

i like cool gay

Gotta give it to the Japs, that's a fucking awesome poster

I like how this motherfucker is climbing a building to kill someone while wearing knee high socks, jean shorts, and a wacky 80s-style button up. It looks like Jimmy Olsen took a detour on his vacation for some good old-fashioned sexual assault/murder.

>Implying jazz isn't the single greatest musical genre that ever has and ever will be created.

I came here to agree with you.

>not liking Jazz
Yikes

>That Jesus & Buddha

Best bros for eternity.