Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mMhdzRDIddU?t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=kTwYj8PpJss
youtu.be/nzm9P4LK62E
youtube.com/watch?v=c8E1t1LB2Mg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is.

>guerrilla warfare

But apart from this the first game would be a good setting for a movie. Small covert operations eventually escalating into all-out warfare. Kind of what I was hoping the tv show V would turn into

>Kind of what I was hoping the tv show V
Fuck me, I was really disappointed of V.
But she was hot

Eva Green as snek

Sean Bean as the seasoned veteran who dies to a sectoid in the first episode.

>cast it

Hard to do when 95% of the cast would need to be replaced every episode

Terror from the deep would be better.

Burger?

>Cast it
A revolving door of cameos as everyone dies over and over

Works for Game of Thrones. You could even cast real stars so people are attached right off the bat.

Plus, shooting their scenes would be easy to schedule since they'd each only have to be in a few episodes max.

Director could be Blomkamp, it'd be right up his alley.

>99% to hit and kill cyberdisc
>miss
>proceed to get raped

Have you seen Rakka?

Dr. Vahlen

fug, pic...

ayy

PogChamp

THIS WORLD IS OURS

>any enemy is literally touching you
>miss

Eva Green implies sex scene.
How will this work?

Exactly. That plus what he did with exo-suits & near-future tech in Elysium, the interactions in District 9...it'd be like we're letting Tarantino direct a foot fetish movie.

Isn't she getting a bit old?

>not using grenades and rpgs all the time

A RIGHTEOUS STRIKE

youtu.be/mMhdzRDIddU?t=89

youtube.com/watch?v=kTwYj8PpJss

Kino af.

To be fair, as commander you're like a battle-directing AI with hyperfast calculation and little emotional attachment.

Everyone ITT would shit their pants actually coming face to face with ayylmaos, armed or not.

Oh you already know, /aco/.

>an untrained fat guy would miss, so you can expect the most elite military operatives collected from across the globe to perform identically

Still works for me.

X-Com are diversity hires, a UN agency with guns. Let's not act like each country was offering its best and brightest.

It's like thinking you could make Google's self driving cars by drafting people from the DMV.

Well you can still choose who to recruit for the most part.

t. EXALT

EXALT is better than xcucks

Way more stylish, that's for sure.

>not making all your units white

All of them, plus every 80's A, B or C action starlet.
CGI if they are already dead.
They will need a lot bodies, XCOM requires a huge bodycount on both sides.

I see it more like

>Hm, we are under attack by alien forces and we are being asked to hand over our finest soldiers to some shadowy extranational paramilitary organization
>Fuckem, give em Private Tyrone Washington and keep all the tier 1 operators for ourselves

git gud

Muh nigga. Exactly

mandatory

youtu.be/nzm9P4LK62E

Kinda what I expected from Falling Skies instead i got 90% father/sons drama & love stories and 10% lets fight the aliens.

It's a shame there never was a Stargate themed X-Com clone, seems like a perfect match.

Idris Elba

Isn't Stargate pretty much the anti-XCOM? I haven't watched a lot of it and it was decades since I watched the movie, but the show seemed like a more diplomacy-focused agency that wants to preserve and protect aliens rather than shoot them?

>Idris Elba
>dies on 00:47

Colony is sort of a XCOM 2 prequel
at least that's how I imagined it to make it watchable

They are basically ask questions first shoot later.
But the show does have multiple actual wars, iconic recurring enemies and tons of weird unique hazards.
They do both exploring and defending Earth.

I would have put some money down for an SGC manager game though, the diplomacy and ressource management options could have been an opportunity for some more strategic gameplay.

Would EXALT be portrayed as a lovable group of fuck ups who are no real threat to XCOM or a james bond esque international terrorist organization?

>Semi-established characters betray in the second act
>Third act defeats them + ayylmaos, cliffhanger ending reveals they were part of a large group & ayylmaos were only the advance wave

Gotta set up for the sequel/cinematic universe.

Stephen Lang

>cinematic universe
That means we're getting a terror from the deep spin off right?

Yes, but it'll get the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. treatment.

>a terror from the deep spin off
Remember what xcom2 ended on. Oh man, I sure was hyped for some underwater combat.

That show is actually good so I don't mind.

I would actually kill people if they didn't wear the beige grey jumpsuits

>it's Day of the Rope episode after alums have been defeated

The jumpsuits could be what they wear while on the base. In combat they should wear kevlar until they get more advanced armor.

I can accept those terms

Cast him

XCOM strikes me as something that would be nearly impossible to adapt. I guess the closest template we have would be something like Band of Brothers, but an XCOM series would also have to include the administrative/leadership aspect in some way.

>videogame movies

This is basically how it would turn out:
youtube.com/watch?v=c8E1t1LB2Mg

EXALT's aesthetic was so fucking awesome.

>operation australia

Gary Busey

Idris Elba

Willem Dafoe