The Wild Storm #2 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/14/swipe-jim-lees-fashion-photography-wild-storm-variant-covers-with-justin-bieber-and-kate-moss/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shirtless grifter cover
We've broken out the good stuff.

>We've broken out the good stuff.
I think Lee got lazy and traced Justin bieber

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/14/swipe-jim-lees-fashion-photography-wild-storm-variant-covers-with-justin-bieber-and-kate-moss/

Yeah OK comic book art (especially of dudes) is rarely that sexy but it's the thought that counts.

Just finished the issue, really like it so far.

I'm glad that Ellis isn't falling into the trap of doing the same storylines from old Wildstorm and cranking out hardcore fanservice for nostalgiafags. Story is intriguing, looking forward to the rest.

Story is intriguing, looking forward to the rest.

Same here.

Can we story time #1 too?

>Can we story time #1 too?
Sure.

>third panel
That's cute as fuck.

Issue one.

Ugly tats

>spoiler
He's not THAT built

>Angela Spica was an engineer
Heh

I am loving this series so much

My totally unasked for thoughts:

1) I really like the commitment to making the Wildstorm comic look completely cinematic. This isn't actually my preferred visual style but it is 100% Wildstorm and very visible here.

2) Love the plot knotting. This comes together a lot more than it did in the first issue. Love that something so straightforward ("superhero saves falling man") becomes this murderfuck nightmare once the WS forces get involved. And innocuous, too - Angela just *asked* her boss for help. None of this had to happen like it did, but we're in the shit now.

3) Zealot's voice isn't quite being how I'm used to it yet. I think from #2 this is more intentional than not. Zealot isn't from here after all (assuming that stays). I do really like how while the vocab is different Zealot and Grifter have similarities in how they're thinking and approaching this.

4) Total sucker for this kinda scene and motivation: I'm more eager to see where this is going than I was from the #1, and we're building the cast with all the familiar faces and it's going to come to this traincrash conclusion that I really want to see.

tl;dr - get hype

Last panel is pretty good

Charles Xavier is a jerk

>Charles Xavier is a jerk
What a dick.

Bendix?

>Bendix?
The villain.

The end thanks for reading.

This is a pretty jsanon page

>Famous Kitty panel
>Kitty is Bendis waifu
>Bendis = Bendix

The villain? The villain, Bendix?

Barely a quarter of the bottle, user.

Ayy

I wonder if we'll see Jackson King too, since Trelane appeared in this issue.

Call me when Warblade shows up.

This is actually really good so far. Really cinematic and I like how the motivations and urgency has been set up.

Anything has to be better than New 52 Warblade, right?

people were a little confused during #1 initial storytime.
Confusing Jacobm Marlowe with Spartain/Jack Marlowe.

Does anyone need reminders on:
Trelane-Christine Trelane/synergy Stormwatch.took over as Weatherman. U.N. advisory to the Authority. (her powers allowed activation of others powers.)
Kenesha-Savant.
Micheal Cray-Deathblow
Ivana-Ivana Baiul Cyborg. Head Tech of I.O. lead Dv:8. main villian of Gen13.
Henry Bendix. The weatherman. Stormwatch.
Cole Cash-Grifter
Adrianne-The Void
Lucy-Zealot.

The Bleed?

for a moment, I thought I Cray was King.

I don't like to think about that.

Don't forget Miles Craven

It brings to mind the dimension Elijah saw in that one issue of Planetary, but i'm probably way off.

I just can't believe that they actually got Ellis to commit to 24 issues of anything, plus the other four books he is launching in the next two years

Also they do call him John here. John Colt. Spartan.
Probably not a robot.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I thought the snake was an emoji face

is that the dude from deathblow?

That's a countdown on the title page of the issue that he is supposed to be doing

Planning=/doing

I'm hoping Ellis sticks with it but I'll hold my applause for a while

What the hell have Ellis done to Savant?

made her delicious brown

The Wild Bump

Thank you

bump

He's not writing the others, just curating them.

from the thumbnail, it looked like it was trying to reference pic related. thought it was cool af for like a minute, but then i realized taht this is probably not what they meant. or maybe they did and i was right to begin with

see you right

OH FUCK NIGGA TAHT IS SOME PATRICIAN SHIT