Why didnt Harry just call in an airstrike on Voldumbort?

Why didnt Harry just call in an airstrike on Voldumbort?

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Plumbing
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Minister
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He didn't reach the killstreak.

Why didn't the Harry stop 9/11 from happening?

he wasn't an officer

>"No!"

Why didnt snap just stop being a cuck? isnt there a potion for that?

Modern technology has no place in Harry Potter, or else every plot could be resolved in one afternoon. That's what happens when you're dealing with the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

EH JAGAPARRO?

why was there still modern technology involved then? subways, cars guns in fantastic beasts

One word: Hack

Why didn't Harry just have a gun?

Call me a cuck, will ya? Laugh at me, will ya? Fuck the women of my dreams, will ya? @JamesPotter @LillyPotter you're fucking dead.

James : The Chad Stag
Snape: The Virgin Deer

Why didn't they just impeach Voldedrumpf?

Why didnt mort just drop baby harry on the floor

GET THAT MARAUDER COCKSUCKER

based "No!" poster

so was it unanimous that hes a cuck or not?

He was never in a relationship with Lily, they were good friends at most. Not a cuck, but a spergy beta for sure

How do these characters react to the energy shots from their wands?

A single shot crosses 12ft in one second meaning

4m per second meaning 14kmph which is not car speed but still fast enough tp blindside you.

slytherine had the majority votes so it wouldnt pass

I don't think he's a cuck so I guess that makes it no unanimous.

umm no sweetie, he was cucked out of a relationship and further humiliated by protecting their dipshit offspring

Came here just to make sure it was posted.

Actually, he could have been Harry's biological father though...as they both share nearly the exact, same sexual fetishes so it's not to far fetched to draw this conclusion.

>pic extremely related

kek, what the fuck was he thinking getting with her after that. Although if i remember correctly he had a slight smile on his face after seeing that

Dullest

You have to be in a relationship to be a cuck though, so he literally can't be a cuck in that sense.
He could be into cuckoldry though, wanking over the thought of James plowing Lily, but we don't know that.

YOU JUST KNOW that james smiled and thought of severus crying while he creampied Lily

Wouldn't you? You're fucking a hot girl who also happens to be the lifelong crush of the guy you used to bully. No one would be able to resist smiling at that.

In the movie, I do not know if it was in the books, but the evil wizards destroy a bridge. The muggles are aware wizards exist. If a bridge was destroyed by evil wizards, the joint efforts of the world's military would come down like a hammer on their assorted wizard cults. Something they 100% would have planned to do at a moment's notice, seeing as how magic users would be a threat to any nations security, especially if they are blowing up bridges.

Pic related. It would be what triggers the annihilation of specific wizard cults and possibly the internment of all of them.

This is true but the most fucked up thing is Lily orgasming from fucking chad wizard boy while severus betas out at home.

He could have removed the memories and instead of storing them in a pensieve, flushed them down the privy.

having deep combat system with complex magic manipulation is too difficult to write about/film
the lazy option was chosen like always

Harry Potter 5 is so redpilled.
Ministry -> Governments of Western Europe/USA
Denying the threat of: Voldemort -> Mass immigration
Rendering the population helpless by refusing to teach them defensive magic, and having an overprotective stance on students -> Banning guns and feminizing the population
It even has Dumbledore appear as Trump, saving the situation but first appearing demonic in the newspapers etc.

NOOOOO THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A RAVENCLAW-WAVE

But Lily was thinking of Snape while James was fucking her.

I don't think the pensieve works that way, does it? I thought you stored memories in there so you could relive them for closer inspection and stuff. I don't think you actually lose the memories you put into the pensieve.

Shouldn't it be Voldeemut who'd calls the airstrike on Hardy? He couldn't go to his house until he turned 17 or whatever, but surely he could have dropped a bomb on it.

It's not completely clear but I think they are removed, Dumbledore talks about it being a way to deal with a cluttered mind, and when Snape is teaching Harry occlumency he puts his embarrassing memories in a pensieve so Harry can't see them, which wouldn't work if they were just copies.

The enchamtent prevents him from finding him magically somehow

hen why didnt voldamutt just use a phone book to find harry?

I think Snape would've been better as a rogue wizard type of character. Like, someone with no connection to potter or anything, just a really good fucking wizard that keeps to himself.

It seemed like all the characters in the story were either good or bad.

>expecting the hack rowling to write a deep interesting and multifaceted character

Because it would be listed under Dursley, Vernon. They wouldn't be able to figure that out easily, even if they knew he went to Petunia Evans, which they probably also wouldn't know.

It's cannon that wizards and witches are amazed at the concept of plumbing and typically just shit themselves standing and used a spell to teleport it away.

This isn't a joke.

doesnt he have a literal army. Cant he just task 100 of them to sit down for a day to do some sleuthing.

Unfortunately his followers are all purebloods which means no muggles or muggleborns in their families for generations, they don't know what a fellytone is or how it could help them find anyone.

fuck off retard thats bullshitand you know it

This is so stupid I'm laughing

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Plumbing

>In one of the rare instances of wizards copying Muggle practises, wizards started to adapt to plumbing systems in around the 18th century. Up to that time, wizards chose to relieve themselves wherever they stood, and then proceeding to Vanish the evidence.[1]

yeah like wtf, why would they just let a bunch of cultists from a backwater society continually commit acts of terror against them without swift and painful military retribution.

i fucking hate this series, stop posting threads on this garbage, we need more mcu threads

fuck you

I always took the cluttered mind remark as Dumbledore just having so many thoughts and memories that it's hard for him to look back at them objectively, which is why he uses the pensieve to relive certain memories and inspect them, which he was doing during GoF where he wanted to go back and see the Ministry trials to possibly figure out who was behind the plot.

Your point about Snape hiding his memories in case Harry was able to enter Snape's mind is good though. But it still wouldn't make sense if they were completely removed because then Snape wouldn't have those memories when teaching Occlumency, yet he clearly does remember James and his bullying, and his hatred for him during those sessions.
It's also a sad thought that when Snape gave Harry his memories in the final book, it would mean Snape died without knowing anything anymore, including Lily.

I bow before the bait

Didn’t that take place after the books ended?

what were the American wizards doing? we never meet any of them. were they just ignoring Voldemort taking over Wizard England?

Based big dogs working the smarks

> the situation in the UK is deteriorating, sir.
> God Damn it, private, don't waste my god damn time with these stupid little European shenanigans. If crap comes to shit we'll just fly this man's broom fleet over that fucking island and magic-carpet-bomb them back to the card trick age.

Who was the most powerful wizard out of Harry, Ron and Hermonie?

>I think Snape would've been better as a rogue wizard type of character. Like, someone with no connection to potter or anything, just a really good fucking wizard that keeps to himself.
How do you see this working? Snape would just be another teacher at Hogwarts if he didn't have a connection with Harry. He'd be an extra like Flitwick with no character development at all.
Being a really good fucking wizard who keeps to himself would just mean we wouldn't see him. The entire character would be gone.
Or do you mean a rogue wizard as in a vigilante who didn't work at Hogwarts and just wanders the world being awesome? Still wouldn't fit into the story at all, you're just getting rid of Snape.

Who actually did 9/11 in Rowling's fantasy land?

The whole wizarding war between Voldemort and his followers and the rest of the wizarding community was an allegory for WW2, the Mudbloods being the Jews in this instance.
America was going to help out in the end but waited a couple of years like they did during WW2. But in HP's case, the war was already won before America took action.

What exactly were they waiting for? The government had been taken over and the mudbloods were in camps.

The same reason that Harry didn't hook up with Hermione IMMEDIATELY after they were the only ones in that tent

Because Rowling is a hack

Brexit voters

they also killed all those poor refugees that JK said she'd let live in her house and never did.

It was a joke, user. The British like to moan about how America helped out in the second world war way too late, and that if they'd come to the rescue earlier, thousands of British soldiers wouldn't have died.

As for why America didn't help the UK out during Voldemort's reign, nobody knows. Doesn't really make sense that they'd just ignore it, especially since the Fantastic Beasts movie shows that UK wizards helped them out against Grindelwald.
Ask Rowling on Twitter, she'll probably make something up.

>The muggles are aware wizards exist
No, they're not. And claiming that wizards destroyed the bridge because you saw a flying shadow would've worked out just like it would've in our world.

>tfw they think they're Ravenclaws but they're Hufflepuffs if anything

Umm no sweety, they clearly state in ootp that they will get in contact with the muggle prime minister regarding lord moldy butts attack and return

No, the first 2 or 3 were before it

Nah, they're definitely just copies. If they weren't, there would be a lot less hatred in Snape against Harry and James. Plus, how do you explain the logic of revisiting the memories in the pensive? Would you forget what you saw as soon as you left the pensive? Doesn't really sound like a good system.

would have loved to see voldie take out a gun and shoot harry in the head during their first magic beam struggle.

Muggle prime minister is the only British official contacted by wizards, and it's done privately. He'd be sent to asylum if he tried to assemble an anti-wizard task force.
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Minister

uh, the books came out after but they take place in the 90s

I bet you would have also loved if Frodo flew an eagle to Mordor.

>"Do nothing! The boy is mine!"
>pulls out colt 45 from his pocket with his non wand hand
>aims around the energy beams
>puts two rounds right through his scar dropping potter to the floor instantly
>"eh heh heh

Trips of creativity have spoken rolings a hack

That's what I was thinking. If the memories actually are erased entirely from your mind until you go back and visit them/put them back into your head a lot of scenes wouldn't make sense. Snape wouldn't have the memories, thus no reason to dislike Harry.

Yep, every time there's a new Prime Minister, he gets a visit from the Minister for Magic who explains about the wizarding community.
The whole destroyed bridge thing was sold to the public as bad bridge maintenance, but the PM was told the truth and got regular updates when shit went down in the wizard world. But he's not allowed to interfere in any way like sending the army out, the deal is that wizards and Muggles co-exist. They even put Kingsley Shacklebolt a high position in the government just to keep an eye on the PM in case he does anything.

Hogwarts has anti-tech spells, though.

If muggle society is unaware how come hermiones muggle parents were at the wizard bookstore in chamber of secrets? So you're telling me all these muggles are perfectly capable of keeping such an enormous secret without a gov intelligence agency getting wind of it?

It wasn't at hogwarts the first time it was at a village graveyard

>”No!”
I lose it here every time

id love if people didn’t pedastalize fiction as if reality has to make concessions on its behalf

>Would you forget what you saw as soon as you left the pensive? Doesn't really sound like a good system.
No, because you'd have the new memory of seeing the old one in the pensieve

>Wizarding War was an allegory for WWII

since actual WWII happened in this world, what was that an allegory for?

I think Voldemort died in June of 1998 or something like that.

The Muggle world was aware of wizards. There's a scene in one of the books where the prime minister has a meeting with them, because of Voldemort being back.
The Ministry of Magic's primary purpose was to control all of it - her parents were aware of the wizarding world, but if they stepped out of line, the Ministry would charm them or wipe their memory - that was Ron's father's job, controlling exposure to wizarding world. They had to wipe the memory of the poor farmer who's land the Quidditch championship was held on.
It's really fucking evil, if you think about it. The wizards have been wiping Muggles memories for decades, if not hundreds of years.
Besides, it would be odd for her parents not to be aware of a school their daughter lives at 3/4 of the year.

I think Snape would have been better forcing Bellatrix and Malfoy's mother to lick his balls and shaft in exchange for helping Malfoy. And then cornholing Malfoy in the dungeon where his office is.

1. It's "canon", not "cannon", you illiterate sperg
2. Hogworts had bathrooms, they play important roles in the books.
3. you're a nigger faggot soy boy.

While he was master of the Elder Wand, Harry. But he soy boyed and broke it and threw it away.

Hermoine was often called the most talented wizard of her class, she ran rings around Harry and Ron, who spent most of their time trying to cheat on their homework, or have her do it. Considering she later becomes Minister of Magic, she's probably more powerful than both of them combined. Harry never really showed much aptitude nor talent at magic, other than learning things like the Patronus early. Ron was just an idiot. All the really good magic was done by her - which I'm sure was intentional by Rowlings.

>Saves her life in the chamber of secrets.

This is how she repays him.

>pedastalize

Muggles who give birth to a child that turns out to be a wizard or a witch are informed as well, and told to keep it quiet. Half the Ministry's work is making sure Muggles don't find out about magic, or Muggle parents telling anyone about magic. There's entire departments that keep tabs on that stuff, and as soon as someone puts the secrecy of the wizarding community in jeopardy they teleport over there and erase or alter their memories.

He was talking about Rowling publishing a short article that established that at first Hogwarts didn't have a sewer system and wizards just shit their pants and got rid of it with magic. Rowling said that eventually the wizards started using plumbing and that it was a rare occassion since wizards generally don't use Muggle "technology".
Doesn't really make sense though if at first Hogwarts didn't have bathrooms and toilets since Salazar Slytherin built the Chamber of Secrets and put in the Basilisk before he even left Hogwarts, and the Chamber is only accesible by using the plumbing system. Bravo Rowling.

>Banging a girl
>Start thinking about a greasy nerd
Who's the real loser here?

(You)

"No!"

You're assuming the plumbing system was teh only way to get to the chamber - that castle was around a long time, and the entrance was a cave. The whole point of the castle is that it's been added onto so many times, it's just a jumble of bizarre shit. I guess.

Lets be honest, most of this shit she made up after the books, like Dumbledore being gay. I fyou start looking at the internal logic of her world, it falls apart fast. We're in agreement though that some muggles know, and the Ministry keeps a lid on it. That other poster is wrong, because Petunia knew of Hogwarts when her sister lily was sent there, and later on, all of the Dursley's knew. But nobody outside of the house knew.

I know the Chamber was hidden, but since it's accessible by plumbing these days that means that when they put in the plumbing they must have come across the Chamber.

And yes, a large number or Muggles know about the wizards, but they also know to keep their mouths shut. The Ministry is on constant alert and violating the statute of secrecy could get you in Azkaban in you're not lucky.
And obviously Petunia and her family knew about it. They also knew not to tell their neighbours that their nephew was a fucking wizard. Apart from that, Vernon despised magic so much he wouldn't allow the word "magic" to be spoken in his house.