Costume elements you just don't get

Why is she wearing neon slippers? is that just the coloring on the costume? why would it be colored to make it look like she was wearing neon slippers?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/M_hisashi
m-hisashi.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So her feet isn't lost on dark backgrounds.
Their design indicates that they are made for friction, probably to walk on slippery surfaces, which always annoys me when they give Spider-mans soles, because it would make them unable to stick to surfaces.

It's a post Marvel NOW costume, just be glad 95% of it is well designed.

Although it IS a spider costume, unless your name is Jessica Drew it's pretty hard to fuck up a spider costume...

I think I just undid my own argument.

>Their design indicates that they are made for friction, probably to walk on slippery surfaces, which always annoys me when they give Spider-mans soles, because it would make them unable to stick to surfaces.

Soles are also a shock absorber, they cushion the foot as you walk and absorb some of the impact off the ground and I'm sure Gwen feels a bit more of it with all of her Spider jumping and web swinging action.

I get the idea of not being able to stick to a surface, but even Spider-Man himself has always had his hands and feet covered so this is really nothing new or unique to Gwen

Spider-Man used to only be able to stick with light clothing covering his hands and sole. His costume, or when he needed to climb as Peter, removing the shoes and keeping his socks on.

My aesthetic sense and my dick have just been discussing Gwen's costume and agree it's a great costume.

she should have a boob window

>"the feet look like Chucks" written on the page
>Why is she wearing neon slippers?

Not that wearing shoes makes a ton of sense, but there it is.

Honestly THE hottest costume. Like, I can't put into words how just... boneriffic it is.

So maybe his powers got stronger as he aged? Like Marvel's talked about practically since he was created?

("Spidey can lift 'x' tons, but he's still a grwing boy! Who knows what his limit will be when he grows up!")

[paraphrased]

Mightn't that hold for his other abilities, as well?

The Spider-Gwen costume looks like it was designed with cosplay in mind. Which I guess isn't a bad thing, but it feels kind of off to me.

>Why is she wearing neon slippers?

They aren't you blind faggot. They're supposed to resemble chucks. It literally says this on your image.

Pic related is basically how the costume would look in real life. They aren't slippers.

never mind the shoes.
explain why she needs a hood.

The costume is fine but why the fuck her hair need to exposed in the middle?

Rule of cool, dipshit. Practicality isn't always important. Especially in fiction.

She needs a little color because she's female. Duh.

mimics the crest of a kree warrior

I've yet to find who drew this, and it's pissing me off.

The only image result is a fucking moonrunes page that doesn't even have that picture on it, and it seems to be some kinda Marvel news page, or something.

It was drawn by Murakami Hisashi.

Twitter: twitter.com/M_hisashi
Tumblr: m-hisashi.tumblr.com/

Gwen is supposed to have some kind of late 80s/early 90s punk aesthetic going on. I kind of get the idea in OP's pic that she gets "lost" in the black and white (like Moon Knight/Mr. Knight in the Ellis run), with details like the web patterns in her hood and the shoes creating the finer details and letting her stand out in both really dark and really bright panels.

I've noticed that artists don't really do the eyes as looking like they're spraypainted stencils anymore though, which is a shame.

but they don't look like chucks

hood is just stylish. and I guess keeps her ladyhead warm when she swings through the New York night, but she can take it off and stay cool during the hot days.

They do in the actual comic. Stop being a retard.

Because the designer had a fetish for asian granny slippers.

They're also neon blue so it's easier for lazy untalented artists to rely on the colourist to make the feet stand out so they don't have to worry about composition.

In universe, it's so Gwen can telegraph her kicks and make them easy to avoid.

Seriously, I have no fucking idea and it makes her costume really weak having the colour really strong on the bottom but not referenced on top.

Some user posted a fix I think looks WAY better.

but that's terrible, user.
I mean, you're not wrong, about the shoes... but 2 wrongs is an abomination.

the blue referenced on the webs

This looks like shit.

>asian granny slippers
Fucking kill yourself. Also, get your eyes checked.

Yeah the SG costume is pretty bad. I don't know why people like it, but I'm just glad that in the age of the cosplay pandering they're still giving some characters actual costumes unlike shit like Jess just wearing shit glasses and a bike jacket.

Also, get your eyes checked.
I dunno user, they look like asian slippers to me.

>I dunno user, they look like asian slippers to me.

This argument again? Go read a comic, casual shit stain.

>Yeah the SG costume is pretty bad.
You're definitely in the minority with that shit opinion.

wow you get really mad when someone doesn't agree with you eh?

I've got no hate against SG, I do think her costume could use some tweaking though. I don't know why you think I've never read a comic because I've certainly read more than you, but if it helps you defend a position I'm not attacking feel free to think what you want.

You are a PMSing butthurt little bitch though, and I'm not even attacking you, I'm just saying the costume design is a bit weak.

>because I've certainly read more than you
Lol. That's quite the assumption.

Also, I seriously doubt its an accurate one.

>I don't know why you think I've never read a comic

Because its obvious you've formed your entire opinion on the costume via OPs image. If you'd have actually read the comic and seen the costume in panel, then you wouldn't be saying "they look like asian slippers"

And if you do read comics and still think that, you genuinely need to get your eyes checked. Your vision is worse than even Robbi Rodriguez's.

>The feet look like Chucks.

No they don't.

Yeah I don't get it either. If they wanted to break up the black then why not add white?

I liked that fanart of Spider Gwen where here toes and fingers are exposed.
Doesn't really make sense when you consider print analysis, but it looks cool.

To carry the blue from the web pattern through the whole suit. This isn't hard to figure out.

I've read pretty much everything gwen appears in and 90% of her run is mostly scratchy ass shit like the example posted where yeah they kinda look like chucks, but at the same time, not really. And even then that's only one artists interpretation of them.

Same way that Spidey has sock feet, and soled feet, depending on the artist, I understand what the original concept designer has stated on that one sheet, but it's like saying deadpool always has a sock mask when that's a recent thing utilised by certain artists.

Half the time I see gwen, be it in her series, or one of the many many books she shows up in it looks like shes wearing asian slippers. Have a recent issue, these don't look like chucks to me, they don't have the crosshatched bottom and look smooth and easily bendable like slippers, and chucks crease they don't just casually bend, they're hard plastic.

Try me.

Also stop posting twice to pretend you're two different people, all your posts are 2 minutes apart you're not fooling anyone.

>and chucks crease they don't just casually bend, they're hard plastic.

So you've never actually seen a pair of chucks in person. Got it. Hint: That's not how chucks work at all. Nor are they hard plastic. I can safely disregard anything you say going forward. Thanks for that.

wow gwen really attracts the autists huh. quit arguing about shoes you faggots and maybe discuss something like how she's a useless fucking character instead? Or how she had this whole interesting universe we never get to see so instead she can be shipped with ghost rider or miles and is constantly visiting the 616 for no fucking reason other than cameoing in shit she has no business in.

Seriously, we have way to many fucking spiders knocking about.

>they don't have the crosshatched bottom and look smooth

That's entirely dependent on how detailed the artist wants to be. Its no different than how sometimes pencilers don't draw the web pattern on Pete's costume, when drawing him from a far or ignoring smaller details of other character's costumes for convenience.

Take a look at these two pages from the same artist you posted.

I have a question about these pages being posted.

Are the neon blue bits part of the costume? Like are they attached to the black? Or does gwen wear like a black spandex suit and then slip her feet into the soles?

Have we ever seen her costume laid out on a bed or her putting it on? It it literally like a wetsuit with shoe soles on the bottom? Pic related makes it look like it's all one piece.

>and chucks crease they don't just casually bend

Guy with super-cheap mom who bought him knock-off chucks spotted.

You got me, I've never owned a pair of chucks, the soles are too thin and the few times I tried em they felt cheap and crappy. I heard they fixed it in 2015 though so maybe they're not shit tier shoes anymore.

The blue parts are attached.

>or her putting it on?
Yeah, there was a scene in the Spider-Women crossover that showed this. The soles are connected to the rest of the suit. They don't slip on independently.