Disney Developing Live-Action Remake Of 'The Black Cauldron'

variety.com/2016/film/news/chronicles-of-prydain-movie-disney-1201733058/

thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WiN4Q5SBUzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

could be kin-
-oh wait, the cast is gonna be half black.

nevermind.

>the blacked cauldron

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Duh

Original is shite, I'm sure they're trying to cash in on some dark fantasy fad that's already dying

sword in the stone live-action pls. It's less dark.

What? Only yesterday I was thinking about how much I loved this as a kid and how no one knew about it.

I didn't really grow up with Disney at home. I've seen quite a bit over the years with (girl)friends, but I think I'm still a bit lacking. Could you guys rec me some stuff I haven't seen yet? IIRC, this is what I've seen throughout my life (aside from Pixar movies):
Snow White
Sword in the Stone
Hunchback of the Notre Dame
Beauty and the Beast
Hunchback of the Notre Dame
Treasure Planet
Lion King
The Great Mouse Detective
Aladin
Robin Hood

fuck that annoying ass freak show dog sidekick

>original is shite

Not enough songs for you queerlord?

As a kid, Alice in Wonderland (1951) and Peter Pan (1953) were two of my favourites

Oh that's right I actually saw Alice, possibly my favorite of the bunch. I'll check out Peter Pan.

>black cauldron is my favourite childhood cartoon kino
>no one's heard of it
>idc, I'm just happy it's too obscure to get a ""what's originality lol''" live-action adaption
>this
Is nothing safe?

Finally, some more fantasy kino!

That movie was a commercial failure, and is also a pretty shit film.

I hope they will portray Gurgi as a badass character as he is in the books.

He's going to be the CGI Animal Companion.

can't wait for Sup Forums to say
>it's gonna flop you see!
and then it's gonna make one billion dollars, just like beauty and the beast did.

This is your future. Endless disney remake thrash. This is your fucking future for years to come. Dominating the box office. You can yell all you want. But soon the mouse is gonna own the world. Nobody will be safe. The mouse will own the government, apple, microsoft, amazon, fucking walmart. Everyone is gonna wear mickey mouse ears and bow to the disney gods.

Honestly you've already been steered pretty well with that list. Sword in the Stone and Treasure Planet are two of my underrated favorites. So instead I'm going to throw you a curve ball and tell you to watch Don Bluth's best work, specifically
The Secret of NIMH
All Dogs Go To Heaven
An American Tail
The Land Before Time
and Pete's Dragon, which actually is a Disnep movie, so now it's thread relevant, and Bluth just worked on it.

The books weren't really all that dark.

Pinocchio and The Jungle Book are the best. Dumbo is also great. Oliver & Company along with The Black Cauldron for most underrated.

A-at least Treasure planet is safe since it's furry bait, r-right?

The original was a miserable failure and the population at large has zero nostalgia for this movie, there is absolutely no reason to believe anyone would buy into a remake.

You do realize that Zootopia happened, right?

zootopia is not a live action remake of a movie most people forgot about

Its proof that there are no more talented people in this world to create more animated kino and we deserve to burn in hell

besides, the cgi cost for all those creatures and scenarios would be astronomical if they want it to looks at least passable

Wasn't there a rumor that they were trying to get Del Taco for this?

Zootopia was pretty good
Lion King II
Emperor's New Groove
Pirates of the Caribbean 1&2 (3 is shit)
Goofy Movie
Extremely Goofy Movie
Lilo and Stitch

Underrated Disney princess with a qt voice.

Because Walt was still around and handpicked his stars.

Eilonwy a cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=WiN4Q5SBUzA

I JUST wanna see the uncut version of the Black Cauldron that Jeffrey The Jew Katzenberg butchered forever..

>Disney studio chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg ordered certain scenes from The Black Cauldron be cut, as a result of the fear that their graphic nature. Producer Joe Hale objected to Katzenberg's demands. Katzenberg responded by having the film brought into an edit bay and editing the film himself. The film was ultimately cut off by twelve minutes. Many of the cut scenes involved the undead "Cauldron Born", who are used as the Horned King's army in the final act of the film. While most of the scenes were seamlessly removed from the film, one particular cut involving a Cauldron Born killing a person by slicing his neck and another one killing another person by slicing his torso created a rather recognizable lapse because the removal of the scene creates a jump in the film's soundtrack.''

The fucker also wanted to remove the musical number "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid. Animator Glen Keane had to fight him tooth and nail to save it.

i forgot this movie existed

It had its own Jar Jar before Jar Jar was cool.

it's a Disney movie people don't care about though, it's going to end up like Pete's Dragon

So this universe was supposed to be Wales before the English conquered it. How pathetic can you get? Driven out of the lowlands by Saxons, forced to submit to Normans, and then raped by gay Englishmen.

Why not the entire chronicles of prydain?

>The film was ultimately cut off by twelve minutes.

Heres one of the deaths that were cut out of the film.
He also cut a bar scene were a girl was dancing on a table top for a group of drunken men because of "brief nudity"

damn

It's not like these twelve minutes could possibly make a good film, but I'm glad you've brought this to my attention, because I love reading about lost material.

>The fucker also wanted to remove the musical number "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid. Animator Glen Keane had to fight him tooth and nail to save it.
why did he want to remove that?

With the success of Zootopia I don't understand why they don't do Robin Hood. Furries would be masturbating like crazy for it.

Walt was a very handsome man.

During the first test screenings for the little Mermaid some kids got restless and dropped their popcorn on the floor during the musical number. After that screening Jeffrey Katzenberg said the scene would be cut from The Little Mermaid. Animator Glen Keane flipped out, and made a big deal about the song being the heart and soul of the film so Katzenberg agreed to have a second screening. Kids behaved during the second screen so Jeffrey allowed the scene to stay. It's not a secret Jeffrey Katzenberg actually tells the story himself in one of the Little Mermaid dvds bounce feature.

I wouldn't get too excited, the cast is going to be non white without a doubt.
Hell they'll probably go the same road as The Wiz and rename it to The Blizack Cooldran

They are gonna get the most ghetto nigger they can and Taylor swift just for this scene alone, screen cap this