Will Chaos Walking, starring Daisy Ridley & Tom Holland, flop Sup Forums?

will Chaos Walking, starring Daisy Ridley & Tom Holland, flop Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Walking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a marvel super hero and the face of star wars flopping? nah.

Yes? It’s a YA adaptation right? Those are dead for general audiences. Plus the premise of this one sounds terrible

A Lionsgate produced YA dystopia film, released 5 years after that craze died. Coming out the same month as Captain Marvel and Godzilla? Yeah dead on arrival. Only thing it has going for it is star power.

Chaos Walking is like the Bourne Identity according to director Doug Liman

>A dystopian world where there are no women and all living creatures can hear each others' thoughts in a stream of images, words, and sounds called Noise.

Sounds good to me.

Director: Doug Liman,
Writers: Gary Spinelli, Patrick Ness, Charlie Kaufman, Jamie Linden, Lindsey Beer
Actors: Daisy Ridley, Tom Holland, Mads Mikkelsen, Kurt Sutter, Nick Jonas, Demián Bichir, David Oyelowo

idk which is stronger:
my love of Charlie Kaufman, or every other aspect of the movie, including that he's only one of FIVE writers.
Is he selling out or making a surprise masterpiece?

>-"And yet Chaos Walking UNDERSTANDS that it stars two young white actors in a plausible post-apocalyptic scenario, and takes a quite fresh(and timely) twist on young adult storytelling by having our leads recognize that just maybe to propagate their species wouldnt be the human thing to do, it would be an outright act of white supremacy"

yes because it doesn't have big brand recognition to shove these bland actors down the audience's throat

Looks like pure Manlet / Womanlet kino

Probably wrote it on spec and then they hired the others to rewrite it into generic trash

He's old gotta keep the lights on

She looks like jughead from riverdale

I can see it

They have the same acting range as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Walking

>The series has been praised for its handling of themes such as gender politics, redemption, the meaning of war, and the unclear distinction between good and evil, all threaded through its complex, fast-paced narrative.

yikes

Kind of weird. Kaufman is co-writing the screenplay.

read these books nearly 10 years ago, only time i've ever cried reading a book was when the dog dies

let me guess bongs pretending to be americans again.

I'm currently reading the first one & I like it so far. Seems like there will be two more movies as well, like the books.

KINO

My dear Tommy is in it, so I'm willing to spend my money for him.

Makes a change from a casting couch I guess.

Casting couch or not he's really talanted & he's been since he was a kid in the Impossible. If you don't agree than you're a bitch.

I really cannot wait for this movie.

What is he doing working on this garbage? Must just be collecting a paycheck right?

She looks....not good as a blonde

>dystopian
How?

Sup Forums call a movie that is not even out yet garbage, what's new?

>Mads
Whelp I'm seeing this shit after all

I'll watch anything with this absolute qt in it

perfection

it's good to finally see Tom with a short female lead

>movie dependent on voiceovers

Bravo Nolan created the blueprint. If you direct some trash and make a ton of money, they let you have freedom on future projects.

i would love to fuck a blonde daisy in the ass

if you read the books it makes sense, the "noise" is really important to the plot.

That's fine for a book, but it doesn't translate to a different medium well.

its called the rearpusy u fuckin dum

we don't know how it's gonna be yet, so let's not assume things

I’ll assume what I want and I assume this movie is going to be fucking shit.

>tfw Sup Forums meme me into beliving this was a uncharted movie

ok fag

I remember that thread, there actually is an uncharted movie coming out starring tom holland if you didn't know.

Ridley looks like someone's Grandma

>I'm willing to spend my money for him

No love for Daisy in this thread?

Ugly Jim Carrey looking bitch can’t act.

>Only thing it has going for it is star power.
No it doesn't

In ancient times they'd have sacrificed babies to sate her hunger.

>5 writers
Never a good sign. It's gonna be shit

>ywn share a fully clothed bath with tom holland
why live

Did they remake The Island with ugly teens?

>ugly teens

seeing how well 'Dunkirk: Twink, The Film' worked out so well, I don't doubt it

What does Dunkirk have to do with Hunger Games Clone 574?

>Hunger Games Clone 574

bitch you didn't even read the books so stfu, you don't even know what this is really about.