ITT: Actors you didn't recognize in different roles

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jr8ai/i_am_paul_schrader_writer_of_taxi_driver/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xa9Q6GvT-Qs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His best role

Actually, these two.

Tom Cruise as Harvey Weinstein

Now that would be some Oscar worthy kino.
Shame they will never get it made.

I didn't connect it until the second or third time I watched Silence of the Lambs. I recognized his voice, but I couldn't put my finger on where from.

Are you retarded
Tropic Thunder

really?

If I could name them I would've recognized them.

I've watched several movies with him and still can't him in the Bane mask. What is this trickery

>he can't pick the Fookin' Legend of Gin Alley out of a crowd
Confirmed cunt in steel plate

>I wanted to be the first kid on by street to get a confirmed hothead outta here
Always thought that line felt odd

Tom is a psychopath so he’s not even acting here

you can't him as Bane because you didn't care who he was until he put on the mask

No, I recognize the character, I just didn't realize he was played by the same woman who played E.T.

I watched homeland before the princess bride

Somebody post Gary oldman in true romance

it surprised me when i recognized him in Stranger things

And i'm a retard.

Jonathan Banks in literally anything but Breaking Bad and Jonathan Banks in Breaking Bad

HOLY SHIT.

wow, that's a good one

And fun fact:

>Travis Bickle was a racist. In the original script all the people he killed including sport were black. It's not unusual for someone who feels oppressed to in turn oppress those who he feels another notch down the ladder. It's part of the psychology of racism.

>Sport was cast as a white actor because we were genuinely afraid of starting racial conflicts in the theaters. There had just been a riot involving Hispanics on the film The Warriors, and Columbia was afraid the same thing would happen in the black community. We did not want any part of provoking something like that.

What's so hard about you fucking doing it, retard?

Gary Oldman and Mason Verger

Same movie.

I had no idea who this was.

The girl that plays the piano in the ending of the Twin Peaks episode with the giant is the redhead movie producer that hooked up with Chrissy in Sopranos.

Seriously it would be amazing. Especially with coordinating with Mossad. We could call it... "Weinstein's List".

he really doesn't look like ledger with the paint on, that performance is still GOAT

Holy fuck

It's amazing how so many jews go from "white passing" to "caricature".

He put his life on this role.

you think keitel was pissed when scorsese cast bobby d in the lead role after he was the lead in mean streets?

I cry everytime

These
+ pic

>a riot involving Hispanics on the film The Warriors
There were a number of riots, but they all involved rival gangs attending the same theater and had nothing to do with the film itself.

underrated

I should have guessed the first two, can't see it in the third one though

Thats because Tom Hardy is 5'7" and bane is supposed to be like 7 foot

If you enjoy Patinkin I cannot recommend Dead Like Me highly enough.

Yes, he only worked with Scorsese 12 years later (The Last Temptation of Christ) and never again until Netflix The Irishman... I bet on it.

>MFW

travis didn't understand people, that's the baseline. Then with black people, you have to add all the different smells, differences in culture, different interests. If Travis doesn't already understand people he's going to have a really hard time understand black people.

yep, totally agree with this one

Holy shit....

Now that I think about it, the mouth is a dead giveaway.

The Edgar Suit really is an underrated bit of make-up and acting. It still blows the other MIB aliens out of the water.

You could just pair any of his roles together, really

If we're counting animated movies then every single actor doing an animated character. I think I have voice-blindness or something, if that's a thing, because I simply can't fucking place voices when they're connected to animation. I just go through the entire movie knowing I recognise the voice from somewhere but not being able to tell where it's from.

I've actually caught myself recognising someone from the body-language of the animated character before I could recognise the voice.

what in the seven hells

Holy fuck I'm watching this right now and I didn't notice this

Does he have a weight gain fetish or somethin? Its like every character he plays gets chubbier and chubbier

The women he is with probably have a daddy fetish. Donofrio is a big guy, and they tend to like them chubbier on top of being tall.

underrated actor, has more range than half of hollywood.

For some reason he sticks out to me in every role. Maybe because he's always the law and order CI guy to me.

Benicio Del Toro in pretty much anything.

>Travis Bickle was a racist. In the original script all the people he killed including sport were black. It's not unusual for someone who feels oppressed to in turn oppress those who he feels another notch down the ladder. It's part of the psychology of racism.
Fuck off back to Berkeley you Reddit pinko commie.

That black suit works on him

I'm quoting the writer of the movie you dumbass.

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jr8ai/i_am_paul_schrader_writer_of_taxi_driver/

holy shit I'm a retrd

Tuco from Breaking Bad in Gremlins 2.

tfw it's not White-boy day.

On a similar note. I recognized him when I saw him, but I was surprised (don't know why I was so surprised) that he had been acting for so long

Obligatory. Thanks, Conan, for reminding all of us about this

youtube.com/watch?v=Xa9Q6GvT-Qs

I barely recognized R Lee Ermey in Fire Down Below

The two times I didn't realize I was watching Billy Bob.

>all these people getting surprised over things I thought was common knowledge, at least on a fucking tv and film board

What kind of autist looks up every actor from every film? I'd rather learn something new every day than have no surprises left to find. That'd just be fucking boring.

If you think this board has any common knowledge then you're a fucking newfag.

He fell for the permabulk meme

>Reply
Not Lou Reed

I thought it was Sam Worthington first time i saw it

he looks like Rasputin in that gif

HOL UP

both filmed in 1987.

Never realized it was Vincent D'Onofrio was in in either Adventures in Babysitting or MiB.

The fact that I recognize them now doesn't mean that I recognized them when I first saw those different movies. People aren't born with free knowledge, dumb cunt.

she has to be one of the highest grossing actresses of all time. or she will be once avengers and the avatar films come out. three successful franchises

Yea but Taxi Driver came out 3 years before The Warriors.

this negro was Gus in Breaking bad
common knowledge now
but threw me a little

the guy who played Mary's retard brother walter in there's something about mary

is

This guy
Cocksuckers

Mind motherfucking blown.

He is not tall enough.

he looks like Matt Berry