...And even pancake Superman knew that sometimes you gotta punch a fascist

>...And even pancake Superman knew that sometimes you gotta punch a fascist.

Hmmmmmmmm...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5zK-tzYCQM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fascist

there is nothing wrong with an ideology emphasizing autarky, corporatism, the maintenance of social boundaries and relations and the primacy of the nation-state.

What's going on here?
But do they make the trains run on time?

BUT MUH DICK

fuck you dc

I bet you'd defend communism too, faggot.

At least here said fascist is of the ACTUALLY DANGEROUS kind. Not some mealy mouthed loser or someone who doesn't agree with you.

>its ok to punch fascists
>what's a fascist?
>whoever i say it is bitch

this is the mentality that ends in drowned children

A reference to the Richard Spencer incident. Except here, it's used against Injustice Superman. So it makes sense in context MORESO than what it was referencing.

>Whoever I say it is bitch
That comes off a little faulty when she's literally referring to a totalitarian Superman who's cool with heat visioning warehouses full of unarmed protesters.

context matters which i think most lefty's do not understand

I get the context is different but it's clearly a reference to Spencer and Anti-fa.

That and I'll take any excuse to post the cucking stool

What's this about pancakes?

Yeah, I'm sure the pusillanimous beta that wrote this goes around punching a lot of fascists.

Which one is he?

The one with the hwhite shirt on.

So what's he going to do if the Nazis are up a slight incline?

Do these people want a civil war? Because political violence against those you disagree with is literally how you get civil wars.

These twerps don't want jack shit. It's literally the equivalent of some internet tough guy saying he's got 300 confirmed kills.

I mean punching Richard Spencer was a great joy for all but Sup Forums, so no one really loses.

You're a complete idiot. What do you think is going to happen when the stormcucks start punching back? Or first?

If you can't even knock someone down with a running sucker punch, maybe you need more protein.

Well, great joy up until it gets out of hand and innocent people get caught in the crossfire. That's where the worry comes from.

>fascism
>people now thinking it's synonymous with authoritarianism
Fascism is when the political power in control uses said power to silence and eliminate it's opposition.
It IS okay to punch a fascist, because you can only BE a fascist if you are trying to exert FORCE to ELIMINATE other people, just because they dissent.

Fascism is not "Do what I say or else"
It's "Everyone agrees with me, because I've killed everyone who doesn't"

We already know what happens. These sissies fold like origami paper.

youtube.com/watch?v=m5zK-tzYCQM

Sup Forums go home

>Because political violence against those you disagree with is literally how you get civil wars.
No, it's literally fascism
Anti fascists want fascism
It's a hilarious paradox.
>Sup Forums
Most of Sup Forums had no fucking idea who he was. He's more of a twittersphere guy.

They lose all their political appeal because lolantifa who gives a shit about but them, but then the news media gets to go LOOK NAZIS and stormcucks can't hide behind 'white nationalism' anymore

Do you think by not punching them they will be converted to normiedom? No, they will be as autistic and retarded as ever.

Antifags need to bulk. They've been hanging out with ALF too much and need to learn the joys of GoMAD.

Like I said, the statement was more true for Injustice Superman than Richard Spencer.

Please look up a thing called The Cultural Revolution and you get a good indication where this sort of thinking may lead to.

If only they could punch their crippling student debts.

Hell. ANTIFA hates liberals, almost as much as Nazis. What do you think is going to happen when all who they perceived as Nazis are gone? Do you really think they'll stop there?

I'm ok with killing all Neo-Nazis, though.

Jokes aside no it isn't leading there, it's a completely different situation. There's a difference between a mass movement led by an authoritarian figure and wannabe-communists punching wannabe-nazis.

Please, antifa aren't a threat and never will be. The first moment they unify they'll split over one member calling another a proponent of rape culture.

>Injustice Superman
>Fascist

Yes the internationalist and global , border free regime which has women at the top level and does not adhere to any kind of traditional or nation-state ideas is Fascist.

I agree with punching actual fascists btw, but not because a comic book told me to.

Wow he looks like a nazi himself!

You're supposed to value freedom of expression, user. That means debating bad ideas, not beating them out of people like some kind of jackbooted thug. If Spencer was calling on people to commit acts of violence that would be different but he's not, he's just using words in ways you dislike. That makes you the bad guy for throwing the first punch.

Big fan of North Korea?

Fascism isn't necessarily nationalistic. Injustice Superman is a Global Fascist so people can't even get away from him no matter how hard they tried

I do value freedom of expression. I'm not saying we round them up in camps and punch them systematically. A Nazi got punched. It is a beautiful thing. We should watch it endlessly and tease him about it so he is a figure of ridicule.

Also, you're misrepresenting Spencer. If I know you can't call on people to commit acts of violence, you know he knows about it, especially with what happened to Metzger. He is using freedom of expression to broaden the potential audience for the type of speech that would get him sued, but instead he's advocating it in such a way that people go online and hear it there so that he's not legally liable.

Here's my question; why do you think debating his kind of idea will do anything but spread it? His intended audience doesn't care about logic, they care about hearing someone say what they already believe in.

>Please, antifa aren't a threat and never will be. The first moment they unify they'll split over one member calling another a proponent of rape culture.
right now, various groups (antifa included) are being financially backed by people like Soros
The KKK is a non-entity in america today specifically because anyone rich and powerful wanted nothing to do with them anymore.
Soros is extremely rich, and extremely powerful.
Antifa's not a threat now, but it won't take too much money to get a cross-sectional riot of Antifa, BLM, and former OWS people (all funded by, yup, soros).

Which is why baseless pandering to those groups and advocating violence against others is usually not helpful.
But right now comics want to be "political"

>Global Fascist

No such thing

>Injustice Superman is a Global Fascist so people can't even get away from him no matter how hard they tried
he may be a global fascist, but you're describing global dictator.
extremely different.

>soros posting

Sup Forums please go and stay go

If the real world has a lex luthor allegory, Soros is probably it.

In short, you love to brutalize people for disagreeing with you.

The point isn't to say that you value freedom of expression, the point is to actually do so. Opposing harmful ideas with logic is good. Torturing and bullying people who step out of line is bad.

You know Trump had dealings with Soros in the past too, right?

What? Trump is the obvious allegory. He's actually the president, like Lex was.

>Trump
>smart
>Technology

Maybe. But the CR was born in an atmosphere were it wasn´t just lethal to be perceived as a rightwing element but it was lucrative or even necessary for your own survival to accuse somebody of being a right wing element. The dictator isn´t necessary here, all you need is the groupthinking.

>The point isn't to say that you value freedom of expression, the point is to actually do so. Opposing harmful ideas with logic is good. Torturing and bullying people who step out of line is bad.

And if freedom of expression is being abused to empower those who wish to destroy it and hurt people, who as I already said do not care about logic at all so freedom of expression is not effective at all?

You seem to think freedom of expression and nonviolence solve all political problems when plenty of history exists to show that's not the cause.

My point was specifically soros funding destabilizing mobs.

Except Lex has spent years manipulating his way into power
Trump waited until he was a senior citizen, then said "Sure, why not" and landed in the white house.
I'm not sure Trump has an allegory in DC. Most DC characters live more... involved lives.

Stfu Sup Forums

Punching fascists is great

I should point out that freedom of speech is not applicable when someone actively condones violence against others. It's already a law.

Meant for

>Congratulations, your fear of letting these people speak their minds only legitimizes them in the eyes of their followers and the undecided, because you lack the self control to not use violence on toddlers and the elderly.
... did you quote the wrong post?

Irony Jutsu.

>Also, you're misrepresenting Spencer. If I know you can't call on people to commit acts of violence, you know he knows about it, especially with what happened to Metzger. He is using freedom of expression to broaden the potential audience for the type of speech that would get him sued, but instead he's advocating it in such a way that people go online and hear it there so that he's not legally liable.
What is your evidence for this statement? Maybe he's just advocating his own opinions honestly. It's possible to want a white-only nation without wanting to use violence to bring it about, I'm not saying it's a good, rational, sensible position to hold or something that could plausibly happen, but someone could conceivably hold that position without secretly wanting to carry out mass exterminations.

>Here's my question; why do you think debating his kind of idea will do anything but spread it? His intended audience doesn't care about logic, they care about hearing someone say what they already believe in.
You just said you believe in freedom of expression. Now you're saying debating doesn't work. So what is your solution? Punching, right? Mob rule? The problem is when you let an angry mob define who is and is not a fascist, it's not just fascists who are faced with violence.

Take someone like Milo Yiannopoulos, who I think most of us would agree is an asshole and a troll, but not a fascist. The people who were rioting about his plan to speak at their university widely believed he's a fascist and a Nazi. Most probably had never watched or listened to anything by him. But mobs don't critically examine evidence, they demonize and attack. First it's Richard Spencer, then Milo, then who, Newt Gingrich? Ann Coulter? Who's the authority who says who is and isn't a valid target? There is none in a mob. Why not just draw a line in the sand and say it's never okay to hit people for ideas, it's only okay to hit people for physical threats?

>3, maybe 4 white dudes
>one white girl
>everyone else brown or yellow
Most diverse Sup Forums meetup is a Sup Forums meetup? That's hilarious.

>punching people you disagree with is okay now
>people are gonna use this page, like the Cap cover, to say "see? He's doing it!"
>he's a fictional character doing it because the writer wants him to
>he's a children character dealing with issues in a very simplistic manner
>people are literally promoting childish thinking.

>in both situations, the bad guy is literally hurting people and must be physically stopped
>idiots will still use these comics as examples of punching people they disagree with

>Sup Forums isn't white

wtf I hate Sup Forums now

The quote is based on an instance where someone was punched for having an awful opinion. Arguably, it was better used here than it was used in the actual scenario it was based on.

It's like writing a story about police brutality, but using the treatment of a dangerous criminal as your inspiration.

>Soros funds mobs

Where can I get this Soros money from? I've been at my fair share of AntiFa raids, beat my fair share of faggot stormcucks, haven't gotten my fair share of jewbucks.

Oh shit. We better be careful. We've got an antifascist badass on our hands here.

Post your address and your check will be in the mail shortly.

That's true but only if you can't link the two. Using prior examples, Spencer can use his totally non-violent philosophy to guide people into places like TDS or SF and have them exposed to people who do want them to commit violence.

You mean besides his gratuitous misuse of the the term ethnic cleansing and hosting of articles speculating on the best method to commit genocide against blacks? Come on. Don't bother using Spencer at all if you're going to talk about people who are potentially innocent. By the way, this discussion is disregarding that building a nation for one ethnicity invariably means displacing existing minorities/undesirable ethnicities with violence or the threat of violence.

Except freedom of expression only works if people are committed to listening to each other's argument. You know that they aren't listening. There is no argument to make against someone who is not willing to listen to reason.

However, you must admit that Spencer and his ilk are deliberately pushing people towards avenues that will anonymously encourage them to commit violence. That IS a misuse of speech. You can argue that he isn't and he's really exactly what he portrays himself to be but he hangs out with Anglin and we know how that goes.

Freedom of expression is something I value. But I value other things more, like preventing the abuse of freedom of expression more. Harmful speech is supposedly rightfully outlawed, but apparently all it takes is a legal disclaimer that contradicts everything about your position and actions to get around it.

Here's my question to you: How do you propose to deal with people abusing freedom of speech to promote violent viewpoints by using aforementioned disclaimers, loopholes, workarounds, etc. without ignoring it? Is doing nothing your only option?. If so, do you take the responsibility for inevitable violence caused by inaction?

be warned, they have a whole facebook militia

Fuck those guys.

I bet I have six figures of backed up jew money somewhere.

Amerifat detected

He isnt a nazi you dirty jew

Sup Forums isnt white, Sup Forums bullies Sup Forums for this. Sup Forums is mostly mexicans shilling for mexico, brazillians, arabs, a huge number of jews and white republican trash. Nazis in Sup Forums are the only rational people.

Nazi Spencer only spencer

Spencer is a white supremacist, nothing more, he isnt nazi if he doesnt oppose jew banking or wall street. By definition he can't be a nazi.

spencer h8s jews tho

Everyone does. But Nazism isnt about hating jews.

he's a naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazi.

This is exactly what Sup Forums is talking about, the comic book industry is being used to influence the brains of young americans into mindlessly accepting the agenda of the elite which is to create division in the American society.

I cannot believe this, there are still fucktards butthurt about Trump after three months since the election.

Liberalism and egality is a concept invented by and exclusively practiced by whites. The other races are all self obsessed nationalists or fascists.

And I say this as a liberal. The other races are lucky that white people are in charge and that we don't let them kill each other as they wish to do.

>I cannot believe this, there are still fucktards butthurt about Trump after three months since the election.
You didn't notice the 8 years of right-wing crazies ranting about how Obama is a secret gay/muslim/kenyan/communist/all of the above, eh?

>hurr right wing
See its working right now.

And some people in Sup Forums will say there's nothing wrong with propaganda using cold war and ww2 stuff as proof.

Politics do belong in comics, but should make the reader ask himself question about his own morality, question the characters usual actions and typical political stances, use it as a way to tell a story instead of using the story to make a point to pander to the ideas the executives think are popular.

You will never see kamala talking about Israel being a violent aggressive state that promotes war in other countries, but she will complaint about white males,she won't talk about the war HILLARY started in Syria, but she will talk about rafugees.

That's controlled opposition and nothing more, Obama is a right winger on a global escale

It's subtle, isn't it.

Sit on them.

Fascism is a social disease directly opposed to the American ideal of freedom.

fas·cism
ˈfaSHˌizəm/
noun

>an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
>synonyms:authoritarianism,totalitarianism,dictatorship,despotism,autocracy;More

>(in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice.

> up until it gets out of hand and innocent people get caught in the crossfire

Not keen to get into a political debate or anything but I'd just like to point out something I found really funny about this statement.

This is Sup Forums, It literally revolves around comic universes predicated on the idea that it is morally right to physically fight against evil in and endless moral war that constantly places civilians in the middle.

This is a board that argued that it's wrong for superman to kill zod even if he was lazer facing a family.

>American ideal of freedom.

That has never existed.

>freedom
America is an authoritarian oligarchy that fooled its population into thinking its a representative republic.

Not a goodbait. Next time end it with "as long as nobody dies" and i'll bite.

Essentially, politics in comics should be allowed, but ideally, it should be done to let the reader decide for themselves. Real adult stuff is about choice. Like how the old Simpsons episodes did it. Otherwise, it'd just be propaganda.

>>synonyms:authoritarianism,totalitarianism,dictatorship,despotism,autocracy;More

Kek, fucking anglos and their meme words

I'm in the camp that the "punch fascists" statement worked better in the context of that panel in the OP rather than how it was actually applied to in real life.

Where do I fall into?

I disagree.

Comic writers aren't journalists, they are artists.

They don't have a moral imperative to remain impartial on politics, art is inherently political. And some of the greatest comics of all time have clear political messages. I mean watchmen isn't just a commentary on the state of the comic book industry there is a ton of political context in there.

Know you could argue that it's kind of hackish for a writer to be too overt. You can argue that Superman shouldn't walk into a room and say "I'm a liberal" before he does anything. But at the same time even that can be done well. Heck that was the basis behind Green lantern/Green Arrow.

There is no reason why a comic book writer should have to remain neutral.

And the difference between right and ''left'' is just about how much you like blacks, baby jesus, guns and fags.

It's a smart thing. You have ''libertarians'' shilling for the big corporations and a left that is so bussy talking about mexican illegals that they don't care about the banks or their own elected president giving money to failed corporations.

I mean, Murrika has been bombing and killing muslim kids since 2001, it's ok for Obama to KILL entire families and to start wars but being mean to the,in the airport as Trump did? that's a no no for the ''left''.

A normal person who realises life isn't as nuanced as black and white, goodies and baddies.

In real life superman can't just punch fascism to fix it.

And yeah, it feels satisfying to see a cunt like spencer get punched, but those feelings are worrying in a greater context.

What if the next guy to get punched gets hurt? What if they didn't really deserve it? What does it say about society that we're all enjoying it so much?

>those who wish to destroy it and hurt people
Every presidency hurts someone somehow if you think far enough. Unga Boonga lets go back to being cavemen.

He didnt said it had to be neutral. He said propaganda and political comics are not the same.

I agree and disagree. Art CAN be political yes. But not all art are political. Unless you want to tell me how Mario Bros somehow represents the Vietnamese War or some shit.

And even then, in this day and age, we live in a world where people will take a piece of art and go "Here is my interpretation of what I accuse you of doing in your work, which is sexist, but if you try and defend yourself, you are a shitlord for proving me wrong!"

Otherwise, you have a very good point. I guess maybe what I really want is some nuance in the political works. Mark Waid's Champions run represents everything in "how to do politics in comics the WRONG way".