Cable Casting

Who do you think is the perfect Cable anons?

Based Mel

Ron Perlman

Keira Knightley or Ron Perlman.

Pierce brosnan is such a bizzare option that I can't help but wonder, how would it turn out?

Will Ferrell

Ron Perlman

> good actor
> has good chemistry with Gosling
> has acted in comic adaptations before
> has said he wants the role

>Year is 2045
>Nathaniel Summers, the mutant known as 'Cable' is the only one left of his kind and is on the run from humans hellbent on hunting the last mutant on earth
>Cable has grown old and weary and is on the verge of surrendering
>Cable decides to trace back the origin of the virus called 'Decay', a virus that slowly killed mutants overtime and is the same virus that is preventing him from using the most of his powers to keep it at bay.
>Cable deduces that the virus came from Logan's healing factor, but figures that it couldn't have been Logan's as Logan was already in the decline at the time and that he would have been an undersirable candidate for extraction
>Cable traces it back to the year 2023, where Akihiro Yashida, now head of the Yashida Corporation, is kidnapped by Nathaniel Essex to be experimented on
>it is revealed that Nathaniel Essex reverse engineered Akihiro's healing factor to instead kill the cells of the mutants and weaponized it as a virus that only affected mutants.
>Cable plans on using whats left of his powers to bring Akihiro's physical body back in time to create a paradox that would make Akihiro cease to exist, thus saving the mutant population
>Akihiro's body is inside one of Essex' labs and is suspended in hibernation inside a pod
>Cable uses a gene tracker with Logan's dna to find Akihiro's body amongst hundreds of pods
>meanwhile Essex troops are on the hunt for Cable inside the building
>Cable managed to track down a perfect match and teleported the pod just as the troops were about to shoot him dead.
>Cable and Akihiro's body arrives in 2023
>Cable opens the pod
>Laura is inside instead

Perlman or Don't Breath old dude

Cable should be the Arnold Schawenrgger

evil guy from avatar

no hes a faggot, hes on the same boat as Alec Baldwin a globalist sell out

This, digits confirm

That has nothing to do with the criteria?

He is 5'7.

FIVE FOOT FUCKING SEVEN.
CABLE IS A BIG GUY.
STOP SUGGESTING HIM.

The filter... why? Also out of these I'd say Jon Hamm.

Elevator shoes and camera angles. You know, what Marvel does for Robert Downey Jr.

apologies for the filter mate, it was the easiest to bulk create them

Adam Baldwin

This.

Though it sucks to agree with Liefeld on anything.

I was thinking that myself, I just haven't seen him play a serious/angry character often enough.
I remember at the end of Goldeneye when Bond was mad as hell, he was actually kind of intimidating.

tbqh familio I think that the Deadpool movie is the perfect place for something like this. Think about Cable, he's this huge badass mutant cyborg coming from the future with a hard on for big guns. Take all this but make him a woman. That would be awesome

He has to be BIG and bara. No one popular will get this.

All of them. They keep changing because Wade keeps fucking with the timeline and sending off random packages to Scott Summers.

Stephen Lang would be a perfect choice because he really looks the part, but I've seen him in person and he's surprisingly short. I don't think he was even up to my chin, and I'm about as tall as Reynolds. Also he makes people call him Slang and that's a bit weird.

>If I keep trying eventually I'll get Hugh Jackman to play Cable. Can't wait to see how THAT fucks over the continuity.

Hugh Cable.

Deadpool gets wide eyed.

"Ohhhhhh, whoops."

Looks to the camera. Gives a thumbs up.

"Good on ya, mate."

>Deadpool sees Hugh cable
>"well he did say hed stop playing WOLVERINE"

What if Hugh Laurie

>[Insert Lupus jokes and "Teardrop" music.]

>Gosling
What does that have to do with anything?

Adam Baldwin.

Man has made an entire acting career out of shooting and hitting people.Plus he is a big guy, for you.

Ultimate Cable

i always question why they do this??
what's wrong with a shorter hero? no one took wolverine seriously so they casted jackman, but this whole western obsession with height is almost pathetic

This.
It wasn't even necessary for Iron Man, no one gives a shit about his height, he could've been cast as anyone between 5'5 and 6'5 for all I and everyone else cares, but people did for Wolverine as it's a pretty defining feature, same goes for Cable which is the only reason I have a problem with Lang.

Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford should be Cable. get some CGI or something on him.

Perlman or that bad guy from Avatar

The Pearl is the only choice

I'm inclined to agree with you on stark, in fact him being shorter actually...adds to his charm. He's not supposed to be physically imposing. Sure, him being physically fit is a good plus, but he wears a suit of armor because he's not physically impressive, he's mentally impressive.

Just a question to everyone ITT, Cable's not exactly a very beloved character on here or one with a definitive/special personality, but people are very interested in who is going to be cast as him.

So what's your criteria for who you want?

I pick Jon Hamm simply because;

>legitimately good looking and charming
>not overly bland and forgettable literally who like Lang or Baldwin
>not as big as Gibson or Brosnan
>not ugly like Ron Perlman

Seriously, Perlman's bad for two reasons.
a.) Gorilla face
and b.) he's a fucking good actor, he could be cast as someone more interesting than Cable in the MCU or more fitted to him, cast him as someone less mild mannered and straight man-ish. Feels like a waste.

And most importantly;
>NOT. FUCKING. OLD.

Isnt cable supposed to be old though?

if you think like this then you'd never be able to take a Tom Cruise film seriously ever again.

heart says Lang or Gibson

mind says either grizzled Hamm or maybe a wildcard like the dude from Outsiders who was also Opie from SOA.

DOLPH FUCKING LUNDGREN

Sup Forums pls.

Wahlberg

Think about it

Keira Knightley

He's also hilarious as fuck.
The comedy between him and Ryan would be outstanding.

There's a book "Public Speaking: Persuade And Influence Any Audience" and it's been shown shorter guys can reduce interest in people even in TV and media. Basically if it's not a comedy or a meme it won't stick with the general audience if the main character is under the average height.

Considering what they just did to Domino, you're going to get an oddball choice for Cable. Enjoy

We said perfect cable not all time goat Omega Red

reduce =! none
it's harder to do but not impossible, but on the other hand hollywood willingly doing something the hard way on a multi million dollar sequel. gotta protect them investments.

probably a black guy

Mel Gibson.

Wolverines are small creatures that can fuck you up really bad, even if you are 4 times their size, that was the main appeal of the character.

I'm jealous of people living on an alternate reality where fox convinced tom cruise to play him.

>mfw only liked if I'm a clown or a laughing stock
...well when you put it that way it DOES check out...

James Marsden

Because I would find it hilarious

HHH

stop you post this in every thread that even mentions Cable and it's horrible and stupid every time

he's 40-ish he just has grey hair

Tom Cruise Wolverine
>"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do is convince you to join the church of Scientology"

Go watch November Man.

I have no fucking clue how they went with this casting decision, and I'm really hoping they do right by MUH CABLEGUNS, but I'm all on board surprisingly. I might even see this one.

>Cable
>2045

Gay, but also gay.

I bet if they kept him short it'd make him more intimidating and imposing when they actually show him in the armor.

Audiences are less interested in short people unless it's a comedy. Human nature I suppose.

Tcheky Karyo

>career
is dead. Long, long dead. Like, since that gamergate thing.

Did Cable always have that doll in the middle of his chest? That's fucking weird.

That's the Messiah.

Has she showed up since IvX started ? I know I hadn't seen her since Spurrier's X-Force.

That and why take the risk. Unless you are appealing to shorties nothing is gained on the risk.

DONALD TRUMP

Jesus Fuck that's brilliant