So ... Pixar forgot how to Character Design or they are just lazy?

So ... Pixar forgot how to Character Design or they are just lazy?

the increasing need for CGI animator forced schools to adapt fast and only teach their people one way to model a human in 3D.
This is why every show looks like the same template was loaded and edited.

>Movie has same character designer
>WHY DO THEY LOOK THE SAME?

the kids from yesterday grow up with the same face moe syndrome so they replicate that

This is not same face like Disney 3d. But since they are the same medium, in 3d having the mouth being lower is usually ideal for more expressiveness, both characters are kids so go though the basic character designs (rounded faces and big eyes) There's not much to change without reaching uncanny valley.

>character designer can only design one face

Maybe they should hire a better designer.

if you are a character designer and you literally have to sameface a mexican boy and a white girl you should quit your fucking job

So can you describe what's identical in this two pictures besides round faces and the noses?

I'd they were pandering to a minority but the kid looks like he has downs

i know is a common practice in Japan but here in western is seen negatively

>but here in western is seen negatively
Frozen and Tangled have the exact same character designers and nobody gives a shit

>So ... Pixar forgot how to Character Design or they are just lazy?
I'm more bothered Pixar is just taking the Book of the Dead and removing ron perlman.

i'm pretty ashamed my mexican fellows are saying BoL was bad and Coco seems more mexican than BoL

No I'm pretty sure I've seen people bitched about before once.

This is wrong

Book of Life wasn't good and barely focused on the Day of the Dead mythos of it.

>and Coco seems more mexican than BoL
It does.

how? brown Riley watching Pedro Infante movies?

Nah. I guess it has a more modern look Coco takes place in todays Mexico so it's easier to identify the surface level similarities (Pedro Infante and the Golden age of Mexican Cinema).

Since BoL takes place in post Colonial, pre Revolution Mexico (at least the story) It does seem more foreign, Spanish even (how everyone dresses, the toreo , sword fighting) But the themes and the very designs are Mexican.

theyre not eve similar

Making faces in CG that can emote properly is a pain in the ass. They know that those facial structures rig well, so they keep using them.

The Sony movies (Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy) are way better than Pixar at that sort of thing and they manage to give each character a different face on a smaller budget.