Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul trailer 2

youtube.com/watch?v=r7PLDbPPL7w

New trailer up for the soft Wimpy Kid reboot.

>Rodrick looks Asian and is borderline retarded
>Greg looks like a and acts like a massive dick and that emo haircut doesn't help
>Rowley (aka the best character in the series) looks like he's only relegated to the first 30 minutes of the movie based on the footage
>Greg's mom is no longer hot in a dorky way
>Greg's dad is more of a doofus than Rodrick

This is gonna suck, isn't it?

>implying this was ever any good

>A Wimp Will Rise
I don't know whether to make a beta uprising joke or a baneposting joke.

The first and the third movie were kid kino.

Rodrick Rules, not so much, which was ironic considering the 2nd book is the best book in the serie until The Ugly Truth came out.

Past middle school I stopped reading these books, is Greg in high school yet?

>We're in the generation where kids movies from the last decade are getting reboots now

>The Long Haul
Nope. As far as I know, he's going to be in middle school forever.

The fifth book was talking about if Greg is gonna age in the books or be stuck as a middle schooler forever (ala Bart Simpson). They went with the latter.
This was an exception since the original actors playing Greg and Rowley are now adults. This I can understand and even Rodrick to an extent, but the parents too? Really?

Fuck, didn't mean to add that greentext.

Isn't this based on a book series? How is it Sup Forums?

It's kind of a picture book

I remember enjoying it as a kid when the story in the first three books was a webcomic on this old edutainment website, but I haven't read past that.

>Greg looks like a and acts like a massive dick
Isn't this actually really accurate, though?

>>Rodrick looks Asian and is borderline retarded
>>Greg looks like a and acts like a massive dick and that emo haircut doesn't help
>>Rowley (aka the best character in the series) looks like he's only relegated to the first 30 minutes of the movie based on the footage
>>Greg's mom is no longer hot in a dorky way
>>Greg's dad is more of a doofus than Rodrick

Aside from the Asian Rodrick and the Rowley thing this all sounds pretty accurate to the book.

Also I wasn't aware adults liked the movies since most fucking kids I knew thought they sucked big time compared to the books (no I'm not underage, I'm 18 and this is the first one that's been released while I've been an adult)

So Rowley plays a bigger role in The Long Haul?

It's been a while since I read the book.

It's mostly resembles a graphic novel.

Did anything change when it transferred to the published version?

They changed some trademarked names to avoid copyright issues and nothing else (so instead of Dungeons and Dragons and Encyclopedia Brown they talk about Magick and Monsters and Sherlock Sammy)

I enjoy the books because they remind me of typical greentext stories

How so?

wimpy bump

Jesus Greg was fucking young as hell and got old.
No wounder they recasted.

Throw back to reading Wimpy Kid on Funbrain, the only game website that was never blocked by the school's system.

Greg's a loser.

Didn't they do this joke already in the 2nd movie?

The Ugly Truth was neat because it was the first time Greg somewhat began realizing he was becoming a piece of shit and implied that he had to grow up to transition to highschool.

They immediately forgot about this.

Well, at least it's not whoever the modern Fred Figglehorn is.

Who's modern Fred?

Also the ending to that was pretty fitting.

I don't know, hence the "whoever". But there's probably somebody out there who's trying to revitalize the Fred market.

And all I know about how it ended is that Lucas K. went on to have a failed TV show on Nickelodeon while he outsourced the actual "Fred" channel, which is now dead and out of the story.

>hey this might be fun-
>then the fucking pig shit joke came

I don't recall ever reading these books (my sister was a big fan though) but the Mom is a top-tier waifu

>but Rachael Harris as the Mom is a top-tier waifu
FTFY.

> Have a friend who loved the original movies because Devon Bostick was hawt

They're missing out on some serious teenage girl cash by making Rodrick a scrawny tard, mark my words.

Weren't both actors scrawny as hell?

Also the only problems I have with the new Rodrick is that him and Greg are getting along a bit too well and this Rodrick is dumb as fuck.

people still like this shit? Like, adults? I stopped reading this in high school.

Believe it or not, yeah.

The annoying Fred.

Bizarre that these movies got popular. They're shown on CN like every day

They feel grounded in reality, and the stories have a very distinct greentext feeling.

It seems the subtle homoeroticism with Rowley's scenes from the original 3 movies are making a comeback in the new one