Fuck,every time I watch this clip I start shaking and smiling uncontrollably...

Fuck,every time I watch this clip I start shaking and smiling uncontrollably,If the entirety of season 3 is like this I can safely say that it will be the best season so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=z91-IgdO1Wk&t=22s

Why does Sup Forums keep calling Rick and Morty a Reddit-y show? Serious question, what about it makes a lot of Sup Forums think this show is beneath them?

Most of Sup Forums is retarded,underage and probably browse reddit themselves,they call anything they don't like reddit because it's what they think you should do in the situation.

>Reddit and Memey
>Good

It's here.

This shit is exactly what I see all over Sup Forums no one says why it's bad or "so Reddit"

Personally it's because it's the exact style reddit likes: sci-fi, a kind of smug cleverness, and very quotable. It doesn't help that the second season had a serious quality dip

>sci-fi, a kind of smug cleverness, and very quotable.
You heard it here folks, Futurama is reddit.

This. I'm not even someone who complains about Reddit, nor do consider myself as a Sup Forums local. Rick and Morty just hits a lot of the same niche beats as other stuff Reddit likes.

I still like the show, but getting older has gotten me really disillusioned with it.

It makes no sense since Sup Forums and Sup Forums are worse than reddit these days

The whole "Existential crisis! I hate myself and want to die!" stuff is getting old.

It is

This is my two cents.

The R&M fanbase would rather have dozens of threads rather than a general for one primary reason, they are the kind of posters who enjoy making fun of other fandoms but don't want their particular brand of autism concentrated and identified. The ironic thing is that very aversion to making a general has allowed their particular brand of autism to be identified regardless.

Also the show attracts nihilists and misanthropes.

>only reddit particularly likes scifi
Bullshit analysis, senpai.

Good thing he didn't actually say that then

it got popular

typical fanboy the more grim things look the more they stick thier fingers in their ears and scream EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AND GREAT

>I start shaking and smiling uncontrollably
What's wrong with you?

Yeah. Yes. I'm having a hard time thinking of a more Reddit show than Futurama tbhflam

Maybe that Robot Chicken Star Wars special?

It's not as funny without the music i guess?

I need that image of a guy hugging a bunch of "good things", then a retard comes and hugs them too, scaring away the original guy who just goes to hug some less quality shit while the realization sinks in.

It's a really easy shitpost. Like, bottom of the barrel. It's like console war shit on Sup Forums.

Because those of us that are actually part of the culture of this site already know the definitions of the terms we use! And if you don't we don't want you to because we want you to leave! We don't want you to be able to pass as one of us when you're not.

It's called Embodied Cultural Capital and you should google it if for no other reason than it would get you to leave here.

Get the fuck out. Get out.

I do not have high hopes for this season. What made Season 1 great was that it was this wacky yet grim world that actully fit in character development. Then Season 2 rolls around and they erased all that character development so they could stick to the same formula. I have little doubt they will do the exact same thing this season.

They didn't ignore the character development though? Rick clearly developed in the way he regards his family, Morty has become more independent and assertive. The only people who are stuck in time are Beth and jerry, and mostly because it's funnier that way. The show's always going to put its concepts and comedy before serialized storytelling, especially if you're familiar with Harmon and how he likes to create shit.

It got popular.

Bullshit answers like are contrarians in denial. Sci-fi comedies have absolutely fucking nothing to do with reddit.

>they didn't roll back ALL character development, but yeah, they totally don't give a fuck about character development and would erase any semblance of depth the characters had for the sake of a gag
And that's why the show let me down in Season 2. They made that agenda apparent. It went from a gem to just another flash cartoon. It's TTG but without the children's demographic.

And I thought fucking redditors were bad.

Fucking this.

S1 R+M wasn't popular for a while, it had a niche audience and Sup Forums loved it, then S2 came out with a significant drop in quality and everyone on reddit, imgur and other sites started memeing it or using screencaps of it. One example is imgur making a meme called DICKS OUT TILL RICKS OUT and posting reaction images to waiting for season 3.

Tell me the point of anonymity if you want everyone to act exactly the same?

Newfags think it's a mark of passage or something to use their old home as a disparaging remark. In this case, it's reddit.

See:

It has atheism and existentialism in it, so to the average underage it makes it tryhard, edgy, pretentious garbage.

There's plenty of character moments in s2. There isn't just continuous callback to specific events. Rick has a whole episode with the hive mind planet dealing with his shit, and his mortality. Morty gets a whole episode tackling his naivety when he's all pumped thinking he's getting the hang of space adventures. I feel like you've got an axe to grind on this though, and most of what said comes down to opinion and you're free to hate the show.

You want to know what makes something "Reddit" humor? Because I think a good portion of it comes down to one thing:

>Sup Forums sees comedic value in saying what everyone is thinking
>Reddit sees comedic value in saying what everyone else is already saying.

To Reddit there is no such thing as "done to death." That's why you still saw rage comics and doge images and any of a long list of discarded memes coming from Reddit years after everyone else was done with them. They can just keep finding the same shit funny over and over and over with no effort put in to evolve the joke, no effort to say anything original, no effort period.

And personally I find that attitude insulting. As an artist I fucking hate it. It stands in stark opposition to the concept of artistic integrity and more importantly creativity. That's why I'm here and that's why you shouldn't be.

Character moments that will eventually be completely ignored for a joke. It's all just a cheap trick to make weak writers strong.

Yup. S1 R&M threads were 99% positive. The only complaints seemed to be Justin shitposting about the voices. It only started getting called Reddit when it got really popular and S2 started

Well I did call Newgrounds a piece of shit when I left them back in 2005.

Jesus christ I've spent almost half of my life on this fucking website.

Yeah, I came here when I was 15, moot made the site when he was that age, he should have been underage b& for three years of the site's existence, statute of limitations clause.

>something being quotable makes it Reddit
Are you genuinely retarded?

Yes, why do you ask?

Is Reddit the new mlp?

A joke that subverts character is a good joke because it's often unexpected. It also doesn't overwrite things happening. Likewise an incident of regression doesn't mean a lesson or moment has been forgott or ignored. People don't change overnight after a dramatic event. People struggle with attitudes and habits most of the lives, and change comes slowly or sometimes not at all. Rick and Morty gives more of a shit about character consistency than a huge swath of the other shows currently running. I dont get your metric of what is acceptable or not. People aren't machines, you don't insert of a new line of code and have them suddenly altering the whole behaviour based on a single experience.

Who said anything about subversion?

Most anons loved the first season. But it turned out popular with normies. This means it was obviously shit all along and user NEVER liked it. Never!.

>Also the show attracts nihilists and misanthropes.
The opposite is true. We love the sad but meaningful eps but hate random crap like Cable2.

Whats with this myth that season 1 of R&M was universally loved? There was still plenty of criticism for it as well, so much that JUSTin tried to play it off as "i-i-it was me on Sup Forums trolling you all along guys!!"

Hi Justin, say hi to Dan for me.

The archive is down. Wait until it's up again and watch the old threads.
Yes some hated the burping in episode one but after episode 2 most anons liked it.

Not sure if this the right place to ask but I'll do it anyway

What is going on with season 3 release dates? I haven't been keeping up with the news but wasn't it originally supposed to be done by last year or something?

Actually yes for once.

Reddit's all about gentrification and the subsequent dilution of any original content.

Rick acts like a dumb person's idea of a smart person.

Dumb people who think they're smart see themselves in Rick and get an ego boost out of it.

There was criticism but that doesn't mean people hated it. You can still like something that you don't think is 100% perfect.

The overall reception to Rick and Morty was positive until it got popular. This is a fact. Go look at the archives. People were not screaming "FUCKING REDDIT AND MORTY" until the show got popular.

>Rick and Morty thread
>tfw you try to figure out who's Roilan

>It's all just a cheap trick to make weak writers strong.

Justin, get out of here and stop quoting Steven Universe. You guys don't have to compete, we love you both equally.

Seriously though, no more cable dedicated episodes and don't use the divorce thing again unless something substantial actually happens.

No one. He is done with this site.

So doesn't this put a damper on the whole Rick is in jail situation?

I know but why can't I stop?

We all knew he was getting busted out episode one. Don't kid yourself.