White washing Asians

So can we all agree that this is pretty fucked up?

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/tech/activists-accuse-blizzard-of-whitewashing-overwatch-characters-with-halloween-costumes/
youtube.com/watch?v=MC9GOo153Cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, he finally took care of that jaundice

good for him

>asians can't be pale

They showed him with yellow skin in the flashback, he's gone pale.

Why do white people actually think asians are literally yellow?

He is just pale.

Seriously, do we live a world where you had to be careful about every single coloration, shape, and basically everything so as to not make someone mad?
Just kidding, I know we do

I remember just yesterday, metaphorically, some fucker was complaining that Jack being yellowish was racist.

The bait of Babylon is released I see.

He's over 50 years old and filled with despair, that can leave a man a little pale

because when one becomes a gun wielding bearded badass they become white

It's called lighting.

I donno, they did Vampwash Symetra last Halloween in overwatch, noone got mad about the asian lighteneing in the same update though.

Despair turns you white.

no its not 'pretty fucked up'
grow some thicker skin, jeez

Still doesn't explain how he lost half his chin.

>Asians are piss yellow
Okay if you say so

He hasn't? It's in the beard, nigger.

It's not the lighting this was from the river part where his parents float by there are even two shots showing the skin color difference.

They have a sort of yellower tint. It's more like we don't have a better word for that color, but they're not peach/pink like the English/Irish and not olive like Italians. Nobody thinks it's literal Simpsons-yellow.

Can we all agree OP rubs peanut butter on his dick and even still his own dog won't touch him?

why do people think asians are a different color from whites? they aren't. they just have different eyelids and hair. their skin tone is identical. lighter up north, darker down south equivalent to your mediterraneans.. though they do eventually get darker, but it's still darker-tan, the same color everyone is, not yellow.

I do.

No they don't.
There's only melanin, skin, and blood. Different proportions of those give you different amounts of white, red, and yellow-to-brown, but none of it follows racial lines. it's not as if asians have less blood at the surface.

That's on purpose

There's a lot less chin there.

The Emperor of Japan is whitewashed. Disgraceful!

>Jack is Asian and drawn as literally yellow
"Racist! That's not what Asians look like, he's a caricature!"
>Jake is made to look more like an actual human being now
"White washing Asians, make him yellow again!"

I've seen people saying both these things recently.

But he has his chin in the flashback.

That might just be a badly drawn Jack.

Probably someone was in fact mad, but Over-watch is too popular to get dragged down by one or two fuckers that probably didn't really care enough to make ruckus, anyway.

Plus I would be hard pressed to believe the kind of people that REALLY care about it are playing over-watch, much less paying attention to all the...

Just kidding, here is a link ; heatst.com/tech/activists-accuse-blizzard-of-whitewashing-overwatch-characters-with-halloween-costumes/

Obviously people did get mad.

Lol

His chin changing was a redesign choice

Do you have a picture of the flashback? Because if you compare it to the original, his chin has been significantly reduced.

They tend to have warmer undertones, rather than cool. White people usually have a slight pink-ish tinge, while eastern Asians usually have a slight yellow-ish tinge. White people over-emphasize the difference.

But I think Jack's yellowish skin was a stylistic decision and to stand out better against his white robe, rather than an ignorant or racist one. It sometimes changed in the first four seasons to better suit the scene's color palette, anyway.

Season 5 Jack is older, wearier, and wears dark armor, hence the skin color change.

Bait thread, but these are the facts.

Must be a side effect of the 50 years :^)

Sup Forumsmblr is real

Sorry, I missunderstood you.

India is Asia too, hence my confusion, plus I don't even play overwatch.

No, really, they might had just missed it as the people that complained probably didn't even play the game.

Crazy that anybody would complain about a Halloween costume being racist for not accounting for black vampires.

White people doesn't look white. They look pink.

youtube.com/watch?v=MC9GOo153Cw

Looks about the same to me, the main difference being the fact they narrowed his chin.

Not really a fan, but I think that's just them getting used to drawing him.

It pretty much is olive, though.

It's an evolution of art styles.

Would it be racist to draw Indian people with a shade of brown that has more blue tint? I mean, that's what eating silver does.

Really I don't see the big deal, Japanese/African people in their respective ancient art looked like racist caricatures of themselves.

I never said I didn't like it, I was just pointing out that his jaw is now different from how it used to be.

The smaller chin and more natural skin tone is a redesign to make him less cartoony.

This guy gets it.

>I mean, that's what eating silver does.
I don't get it.

He's also seven heads tall now instead of six.

So.. are asians yellow, OP? isn't that fucked up?

The my also removed the outlines around his eyes, which is the most striking difference.

Shit, you're right.

I miss those. And the chin.

Jack's chin got narrower AND his body seemed noticeably leaner than the usual buff state that was seen in Seasons 1-4.