Can we please have examples of tightly written, cohesive plots?

Can we please have examples of tightly written, cohesive plots?

Just saw this film and loved it (late to the party I know.)

Extra points for films with big, hidden reveals or that element of mystery to them.

Also, I've been away from Sup Forums for a time. How was this film received here?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How was this film received here?

Oh boy, here we go....

Hello, what is the movie in question called?

Thanks,

user.

Come In.

Find the exit

Get in

Reposition Elsewhere

Leave the vicinity

> How was this film received here
Most didn't watch it and just made assumptions.

I'm not the biggest fan of social commentary films, but this was relatively soft handed and really aided by the story structure and reveal.

9/10 times this film gets made it would have been rubbish. But this was really well made and handled.

BLACKED - The Motion Picture

Evacuate The Area

I rather liked it. The race part really wasn't pushed that much directly, and it would have been a solid movie even if the main character was white. As far as modern horror movies go, it's one of the best that's come out in the past few years. Good tension building, and horror that doesn't revolve around shock.

>tightly written, cohesive plots
What was the reason they were using black people again? If memory serves it was a literary shrug of the shoulders...

>“For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

Groundhog Day
Following

It was a bunch of older white people who had the notion black people were

- Currently more 'fashionable' (thanks to Obama)
- Stronger
- More youthful looking (black don't crack)
- Less morally challenging to force the procedure onto them (I guess)

The blind dude that wanted the MC's body wanted his eyes, as he respected his artistic vision. he was preselected.

Wow, what a - literal and figurative - nigger.

>Because people treat me differently when they feel bad about racism, that means they're racist

Really pushing that white guilt narrative huh

The idea that the old white people had that blacks were stronger, more youthful, etc., were never challenged by the film. I guarantee you that's what Jordan Peele actually thinks, and it's extra convincing if he writes the old white people affirming it.

I thought this was a great thriller especially in terms of how the plot unfolded

Fuck, I hate niggers

>tightly written, cohesive plots
Blood Simple

Thanks

So basically every time I've interacted with a black person, they believed I was racist deep down.

Got it. Never interact with black people.

i dont care what anyone says, this is one of the best mind fuck films. very tightly written and a noir, surreal atmosphere.

You're racist if you call them niggers and you're racist if you treat them normally, and you're also racist if you be a white apologist

Fuck

Can confirm. First time I saw this movie was after a weekend of mishing with a friend in Tokyo, drinking chu hai all the way. Got back to his apartment and watched this. Reminded me of a metal gear plot with the twists and mind fuckery. Afterwards we went out in the night and sparred martial arts.

No, you're racist if you treat them normally but in the back of your mind you consider them different.

Overrated.

>Afterwards we went out in the night and sparred martial arts.

>Can we please have examples of tightly written, cohesive plots?

*act extra creepy just so that your victim knows that he has to get the fuck out*
*leaves photos of all her black victims out in her room*

>Also, I've been away from Sup Forums for a time. How was this film received here?
Needs more ffort to be fair

go

Get Out is bad and you should feel bad for liking it

Get Out of This Fucking Movie