Have cartoons gotten worse?

Have cartoons gotten worse?

Not talking just animation wise, but overall.

Last thread died.

>Hamtaro
fuck off Famicom

>it's a famicom thread
MODS

No.

We have Steven Universe, Voltron, Loud House, Bojack Horseman, Rick and Morty, and The Horse Show (You know which one).

He is not saying that the show is good, he is just talking about the color.

Stop bringing him up every time Hamtaro is brought up.

have you seen He-man?
that was top of the line for the early 80s, and it just sucks by today's standards

even actually good ones like transformers or GI joes still fall short, in both animation and story

and dont get me started on hanna "we put the bare minimum to qualify as animated" barbera

It's not, OP is only talking about the colors.
Garbage, only Rick & Morty is passable at best and thats only if you ever bother watching the show itself.

>5 posters in thread
Hello Famicom

Filmation as much as we use them as a punching bag at least had some nice backgrounds.

Also, Ed Benedict & Dick Bickenbach were excellent, it's only when Joe Ruby, Ken Spears and Iwao Takamoto took over the company is when they lost it and even still Filmation was much worse.

OP is only talking about the coloring, he is not talking about the show.

Your last thread died because it was probably as shit as this one.

It was not shit.

Certainly was. And no-one's this defensive about their own thread or mentions Hamtaro on Sup Forums unless they're Famicom.

Debunked, last thread was rich and deep.

>left has 4 (four) screenshots from Korra
You really nered to get your hateboner checked Famalam, my man.

Others hated Korra too you know.

I'm aware, but nobody is at the same time also obsessed with TMS produced cartoons.
I'm sure you could have found other examples of """""bad color""""" to make a better chart, but you were blinded by the hate.

The one in the middle that has Bugs & Taz in it is from a Wang episode.

Top left is from TMS.

All colouring techniques are only as good as the situation they are designed to fit in.

If you mood doesn't fit the colouring, then it will look incongruous

American cartoons went on an upswing in the late 90s-2000s, had a small drough in the late 2000s and are currently in an upswing again.

All of this is however limited by the size and accessibility of the market

In the end, they're not.

>4 LoK screenshots in the left

That's cheating user

Filmation's early stuff was good -- go watch that Flash Gordon TV movie and series, it's excellent. Just don't bother with the second season, when the network retooled Flash Gordon and made it terrible.
He-Man used the same processes as Flash Gordon, but with five times the corner-cutting cost saving bullshit.

left overuse of vector color