Still no Warhammer 40k animated series

>Still no Warhammer 40k animated series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
youtube.com/watch?v=0J4_r0ds138
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>have to read dozens of books of lore before I can play the game

Thats what lexicanum or 1d4chan is for

Like Vampire, it's actually fun being ignorant of things. If anyone calls bullshit, just say you're role playing your army.

Who would have the balls to make it?
What studio would green light it? What network would show it?
Unless it's direct download or straight to bluray and then you know the quality would be shit.
Games Workshop is sitting on a potential goldmine of IP and
one, they don't know how to market it,
and two, even if they did they'd be caught in a shitstorm over content.
Nah son, too soon.

why would you think that, just watch a summary on youtube or something

Just watch If the emperor had a text to speech device. It does a good job of explaining the basics

>tfw no The Aquabats cartoon

Based Genndy
[AS]
Really?
Fair point.
Also fair.
ITEHATTSD?

That's nowhere near how warp travel works.

2bh I would prefer a warhammer fantasy animated series.

Doubt anyone would do it. Space Marine designs alone are difficult to animate, let alone the others. Would take a monumental effort and a shit ton of budget for a show with a relatively small audience.

I like the idea of Genndy Tartarsauce making it, especially since he'sat least shown interest in the concept. Incidentally I would love an episode where Jack is thrown into the 40k universe and has to fight alongside the White Scars or something.

>caring about the lore when talking about the game
As a lorefag I'll say that anyone who would give you shit about "muh lore" in-game can go fuck themselves. Even I get annoyed when I see a generally cool guy trying to play ultimately get snobbed because he doesn't know the middle name of the Lammenters First Captain.
Not to mention like everyone else said there are five-minute summaries everywhere.

Considering the artstyle and how intricate the character designs are it would be a nightmare to animate.

Technical issues aside, what would such an animated series focus on? Would it be similar to TTS where they have a plot that lasts for an episode (with a few references sprinkled here and there in the future episodes) or would it be an epic tale spanning the entire length of the series?

Would it focus on the Space Marines? The Astra Millitarum? The Inquisition?

Would Xenos play a big role? Would we see Orks, Eldar and Tau in this series?

How much of an influence would Chaos have in the plot? Would there be regular Daemon or CSM villains?

All of those questions and more have to be asked and answered. The WH40k universe is so large that there's pressure on anyone creating anything within the IP to get things to make sense from a lore standpoint.

Good.

why? just play orks and have fun.

>he's shown interest in the concept
where? I must know!

At least there will be an animated movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

Another Warhammer 40k movie
Damnatus: The Enemy Within
youtube.com/watch?v=0J4_r0ds138

Forget the lore, it just boils down to muh god emperor and muh blood for the blood god.

>Not caring about shit like Primarchs coming back into the Imperium and Eldar birthing a new god