EDGAR WRIGHT'S "ANT-MAN"

Details on Edgar Wright's version of Marvel's ANT-MAN. Would it have been better than what we ultimately got?

>Scott Lang is a petty criminal who has been arrested multiple times, often disappointing his ex-wife Maggie and their daughter Cassie. He loves them and is determined to win them back, but is still an opportunistic con man at heart, which leads to him meeting Hank Pym.

>Pym is an wealthy and manipulative scientist who created the Ant-Man technology for SHIELD but vowed to keep it away after it led to the death of his wife, Janet Van Dyne. Pym's wayward protege Darren Cross has stolen his company, Pym Technologies, and developed his own version of Ant-Man, the Nano Warrior, aided by Pym's estranged daughter Hope Van Dyne, who blames Pym for her mother's death. Pym has selected Lang to become the new Ant-Man and destroy the Nano Warrior.

>Maggie and Cassie have bigger roles, and Maggie is Lang's love interest. Her new boyfriend, Detective Jim Paxton, also has a bigger role as an antagonist, a childhood rival of Lang's eager to win Maggie's affections after she rejected him for Lang in their teenage years, and determined to send Lang back to jail to get him out of the way. He was originally going to be played by Patrick Wilson.

>Hope has a minor role and is opposing Pym throughout. When she realizes Cross has been driven insane by his experiments, she helps Lang infiltrate Pym Technologies and makes amends with her father, but she's neither part of the plan from its onset nor Lang's love interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxwM-fzcYRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lang's criminal buddies were a gang of eight character with minor roles, one which would be played by Matt Gerald. Luis, Dave and Kurt were featured in the gang, but without their notable quirks from the movie. Luis, for example, only had three lines.

>The main villain, Darren Cross, would become the Nano Warrior rather than the Yellowjacket, and his relationship with Pym was also more mutually abusive. He also had a dimwitted cousin, William Cross, who acts as Pym Technologies' Chief of Security.

>Ant-Man and Nano Warrior fight during a car chase rather than a helicopter chase.

>The tone is generally darker and slightly more mean-spirited, but all characters being noticeably less sympathetic.

>Wright's draft didn't include the Yellowjacket, the Quantum Realm, Ant-Man's disc weapons, Falcon's appearance and the supporting characters as they are presented in the movie and was envisioned as a standalone feature within the MCU aside from a reference to Pym's past affiliation with SHIELD.

>tfw Wright left because he couldn't put a Cornetto reference in the film

>He was originally going to be played by Patrick Wilson.
and now the poor guy is stuck in Aquaman

What do you think Cassie eats all the time?

his version sounds worse than the final film version. Im a fan of the shared universe and the quantum realm was pretty cool

Sounds worse. Way to many characters and pointless subplots, and needlessly cynical.

Mousekeepers pls

>forgetting the part where Pym is the antagonist and is killed
My only problem with the film is how they made Lang a "good" criminal by doing Robin Hood shit instead of being a straight up stealing because of his own reasons.

No Juan-Punch Man?

No sell.

It doesn't matter whether or not it would've better ir worse.
It wouldn't have been fucking made if they didn't sack Edgar Wright. The guy kept putting it off for years to make his own stuff.

Pym was never a villain. Not even in Wright's draft.

Wright is the reason why Ant-Man and Wasp didn't get to appear in Avengers if I recall well.

Is that really the reason? Is thought the studio gave him almost everything he just decided to walk away.

No, the real reason is he had problems with Perlmutter and the Marvel writers lead by Benis. Feige did nothing to stop them so he quit.
And then you see that Favreau came back to Marvel after they sacked all of those guys.

And Reed is more Feige's type of director, a guy who has some interesting work on his résumé (I liked Down With Love) but isn't famous or successful enough to push back against what Feige wants.

Source?

That said, if this is legit then I'm glad he left. The movie we got was much better than this.

Ant-Man was one of the best films Marvel has put out by far, and this version just sounds painfully mediocre at best. I love Wright's work but he needed to fucking go.

Antman was hot garbage it was a movie for man child dads

so fucking family friendly sickening

not to mention n the ghetto spicness of it all

So its still lang and not Pym and Jan

pas

they pretty just choose the smaller turd version but a turd non the less

Benis and the rest of the "Marvel Creative Committee" consulting team or whatever apparently pissed off directors because they made them add shit and wouldn't let them change certain things.

Gunn had a lot of creatice freedom with GotG because it was apparent that they didn't know what to do with that franchise but Gunn said he had trouble writing the Thanos scene in his movie because the MCC didn't like what he wrote and made him do changes to fit their view if Thanos.

In a way I'm glad the split was made since the current state of Marvel Comics is shit and you know they would be pushing Riri and other dumb shit for the movies but on the other hand there will be nothing stopping Marvel Studios from making shit that feels wrong like Homecoming.

Don't forget Bendis stole ideas from early GotG scripts.

What we got WAS mediocre.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Sup Forums romanticized the fuck out of this movie because AoU was that fucking bad.

Have you ever rewatched that Thanos scene from GOTG? The dialogue SCREAMS Bendis.

youtube.com/watch?v=OxwM-fzcYRg

>>BOY!
>>Your politics bore me
>>You petulant child
>>Oh, you alienated my favorite daughter
>>Bring me back the orb KREE (See, I need to make sure the audience gets who I'm referring to)
>>Insert threat to seem badass

It's Bendis through and through.

Ant Man was mediocre
This script also sounds mediocre aside from Lang actually being a cockbag

It's so funny how Bendis was basing all his stuff on MCU hype. Like how much he uses Thanos. How much you wanna bet his Defenders will have Sygnorney Weaver as the villain as the last page reveal?

>that time Bendis killed War Machine because he thought the he'd die in the MCU

sounds like shit