What was the objectively worst year for comics and cartoons?

yeah, 2007 was it. in recent memory, at least

What year did the comics code become a thing?

Refresh my memory. What happened back in '07 for your to declare it such?

Not OP but pic is a good start.

Out of Jimmy's head

200,000 B.C

All the same premise.

Was a fantastic year for music though. Even billboard 40 was listenable.

Guess you can't have both in the same year.

What year did the bottom fall out of the speculation market and destroy comics as a profitable medium?

That was a CIA psychology experiment, not a cartoon.

Op here, not that guy, but basically he's asserting that the show is so bad there's no way it could have been made with the intent of entertaining kids or selling adspace
Much like when people say something "doesn't exist" just because its bad

Alternative Opinion:

2007 is only bad because of what came after. Everything since 2007 has been what we talk about on a day to day basis.

>2008: The Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk/ Iron Man(start of the MCU)
>2009:Watchmen
>2010:Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Adventure Time, MLP, Korra anncounced
>2011: Captain America/ Thor,
>2012: The Avengers, Korra premiers, She-Zow
>2013: Man of Steel, Frozen (it can not be understated how many long Frozen threads ran on Sup Forums, from at least the teasers till probably a year after the movie came out, at least 18 months), Steven Universe

And so on and so forth...
Adventure Time

1996 was the year Marvel declared bankruptcy.

And comics was never a "profitable" medium. I think someone once said only 20 people in America have gotten "rich" strictly from comics.

Do you miss 2000-2006, Sup Forums?

This, name one good cartoon that came out then.

The year Ultimatum was published.

Are you retarded or just pretending?

>Ratatouille
>Persepolis
>Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie
>Surf's Up
>5 Centimeters per Second, Summer Days with Coo, Gurren Lagann, Hidamari Sketch...
>bunch of other great Sup Forums stuff
>Superjail
>Chowder
>The Nutshack
>300
>Laika (graphic novel)
>All Star Superman 6-9

Fuck off, 2006 was far worse.

Don't know about cartoons, but the current year is a lot worse for comics. I don't know how 2007 even qualifies with stuff like 52, All Star Superman, Morrison Batman, Dini tec, Brubaker Captain America, Ennis' Punisher, Umbrella Academy being miles ahead of anything Marvel or DC is publishing today. Non capeshit had stuff like Fell, Scalped, DMZ, Fables and Exterminators.

The year of the mediocre follow-up album

Icky Thump
We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Wincing the Night Away
Neon Bible
Year Zero
Infinity on High
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Our Love to Admire
A Weekend in the City

It goes on and on, In Rainbows and Beyond by Dino Jr. were the only albums that weren't a disappointment

I forgot Goon.

Some good comics started in 07 tho, Scalped, Northlanders, Dynamo 5, Umbrella Academy

Actual worst is probably or the years immediately after, 55, 56.

I had some good memories in that time period, but honestly, its not a good idea to get nostalgic.

Sup Forums shits on that year, too.

How so?

something about the birth of normie "gamer" culture

>year after the Wii was released
>probably around the real start of mobile gaming
Makes sense,

Wasn't 2007 the year that started to just completely fucking ruin Marvel comics?

>The end of Civil War: The biggest shitstorm of 2006, with a 2007 finale that somehow made everything before it look like a fucking masterpiece WATCH OUT CAP, DON'T LET THOSE HEROES OF 9/11 KEEP YOU DOWN!

>World War Hulk: A story about how The Hulk wasn't allowed to be happy playing John Carter on an alien planet where he could have had fun, interesting space adventures for at least another fucking decade, instead opting to shit all over the best Hulk story ever put to paper with a god awful follow-up.

>One More Day: A story about Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson Parker, arguably the most popular Super Marriage in pop culture behind Superman and Lois Lane, having their marriage erased by Satan and forever sacrificing their happiness so that Peter's 80+ year old Aunt, an aunt who even told him "Let it go and be happy with your wife, that's all I want for you. I am content with the life I lived.", could hang on for a few theoretical years longer before dying of old age anyway.

>Not one, but two fucking Annihilation events that buttfucked cosmic Marvel so hard that it's anus prolapsed.

>The start of Messiah Complex: AKA "The Beginning of The End of fun X-Men stories because fuck Fox"

Like, really, the only way 2007 could have been shittier for Marvel is if it also had Ultimatum. But that steaming pile of shit couldn't share the shit spotlight with so many other steaming piles.

Whatever year regular show came out in

The Messiah Trilogy was good, though. And it led to Cable: Lone Wolf and Cub Edition, so I personally can't complain.

Same with Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest. Think about it... Would you rather DnA have been known for cosmic Marvel in the post-Starlin years, or their contributions to Avengers: The Crossing. Take your pick.

I agree with World War Hulk, Civil War, and OMD, though. Those were just not good.

However, it's necessary to state this: There are bad comics and good comics in every year. And right now, we have a lot worse caliber of writers putting out absolute hogwash. I mean, "unsolicited opinions on Israel," really?