Did you buy the super comfy Harry Potter 4k series yet? Are you planning to place it on your Christmas wish list?

Did you buy the super comfy Harry Potter 4k series yet? Are you planning to place it on your Christmas wish list?

Other urls found in this thread:

realorfake4k.com/my-product/harry-potter-collection/
blu-ray.com/news/?id=22373
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only the first two HP movies are comfy, user

How were the first movies filmed in 4k?

Weren't they 'filmed' in the traditional sense, i.e. on celluloid? That's molecular level resolution so converting from that into 4, 18, 16K should be fine as long as the scanner is up to it.

But the CGI wasn't rendered at such resolutions, would it?

Stopped reading after Goblet of Fire, stopped watching after the 5th one. The films are such garbage, absolutely a statement on our modern culture that they were so popular

>The soy who lived

No thanks

I've spent enough on that franchise, and that's coming from a huge fan. I went to every film at least twice in the cinema, bought all the books, the DVDs, the audio books, went to the Studio Tour and have three official wands. I love HP but I also need to eat for god's sake

no, but they looked shit on even a dvd copy so whatever I guess.

Hows the quality look? Apparently it’s 2K upscales to 4K, but I still want it.

probably all 8 movies were mastered in a 2k digital intermediate (the dark secret of 4k TVs is that most movies are)

The films were fine, don't exaggerate. The real statement on our modern culture and society was seeing all those over 40's people turning up at the premieres all dressed as Hogwarts students.

Ive read the first 5 books when I was a kid and absolutely loved that shit. I was 14 when the 6th book came out and by then I didn't care about reading anymore. Ive never seen any of the films ,since I'm from europoorabia, is it as comfy as books were back in the day? Should I waste my time watching them all?

>digital download
>Movies now have DLCs

fucking end me

yes they are super comfy

What part of Europoorabia has the internet but no cinemas?
Also yeah go watch the films if you liked the books. They cut some stuff out but you probably will have forgotten most of it anyway.

The books are significantly better than the later movies, and they're super engaging. Just read them. Don't be lazy.

>I was 14 when the 6th book came out and by then I didn't care about reading anymore

Why on earth would I want to sit through the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>late
>no clifford

watch half blood prince and deathly hallows part 1 and 2. deathly hallows is quite well done for a modern blockbuster.

considering how you've never seen any of the films, just start from the beginning and watch em till the end.

realorfake4k.com/my-product/harry-potter-collection/

Only the first 2 are 4k. The rest are fake. Wonder how good the HDR master is though.

How come they shot the first two films with 4k technology in like 2001 and then downgraded when filming the next six films?

>tfw the harry potter franchise is in the top three franchises with Lord of the Rings and the TDK trilogy with not a single outright bad movie
>tfw Star Wars could have been part of the top 5 if Force Awakens hadn't happened
>tfw Terminator could have been in the top 5 if anything post-T2 hadn't happened

i really hope the Fantastic Beasts franchise gets an even better sequel because the first movie was actually decent

The first 2 films were actually shot on film im pretty sure. After that they switched to digital cameras with resolutions of 2k.

Film can be re scanned to a high res. You can't do the same to a digital file.

>i really hope the Fantastic Beasts franchise gets an even better sequel because the first movie was actually decent
Finally someone who enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. It's very rare to find someone who has anything nice to say about that film. I found it very enjoyable and look forward to the sequels.

what do you expect? this board is filled with hateful and whiny retards. you can have a decent discussion about movies 5% of the time MAX

I enjoyed it due to several factors
>characters had great chemistry
>Newt was basically autistic but it made sense since he spent so much time with animals/beasts, secluding himself from society
>great use of CGI
>Obscurials were an interesting concept

The only things I disliked
>Johnny Depp being Grindelwald instead of Colin Farrell (should have done it the other way around, Farrell being the real one)
>Newt suddenly knowing that Farrell is Grindelwald and using that stupid spell on him

As long as Depp doesn't overact in the next movies, they should be alright. I loved the use of different beasts and hope they put in a lot more in the sequels. Focusing too much on Grindelwald and less on the beasts could really be an issue

I expected Harry Potter fans on Sup Forums would enjoy it for what it was, but it only gets hate on here.

Also I completely agree with all your points, it's almost scary. I also fear Depp will ruin Grindelwald but we'll have to wait and see.
>Focusing too much on Grindelwald and less on the beasts could really be an issue
It feels like they're going down the Grindelwald route though. They released the title for the second film and it's called Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

>but it only gets hate on here

I see some praise from time to time but don't expect people here to enjoy movies for what they are meant to be. the comparisons used by most anons are crazy and implausible. even though I think the movie could have played more during the day (it felt pretty grimdark), I think that not giving a shit about little kids was still the right decision. they had a decent amount of jokes, making the movie kid friendly and a decent amount of darker scenes (that black flubber execution scene was pretty insane for a movie made in this day and age), providing great contrast and showing that there are actual stakes.

>and it's called Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

how WB got a title like that greenlit is beyond me. either, it's the best idea ever or the stupidest. Obviously, it attracts the HP reader audience but I'm still not sure whether I like it or not.

>It feels like they're going down the Grindelwald route though

I'm curious about how they will integrate beasts at all in that situation. I mean, Newt does have a suitcase full of animals but still...

Dumbeldore dies
Harry is a horcrux
Snape dies
Mad eye moody dies
Hedwig dies
Dobby dies
Fred dies

The books and films go to shit after the 3rd one.
Same with the Games.

>mentioning Mad-Eye
>not mentioning Lupin and Tonks
>not mentioning Colin Creevey

you fucked up mate

Since Im probably the only one who has these since I just got a new lg super 4k tv with hdr. Ill inform you all that these copies look absolutely amazing and Sup Forums is btfo

Voldemort dies
Harry potter dies

I have actually never bought a single Blu-Ray but this really tempts me hard. I have all of the movies on DVD and in 720p quality but I wonder how good that shit actually looks on an actual Blu-Ray. How much of a difference is there when comparing a 10gb version of the movie with the Blu-Ray quality? is it only the transitions and movements that get better or is the picture quality also better?

>tfw I was able to spoiler Harry dying to people without lying even though he lived at the end of the books

The set looks great and they used a new transfer/source for 1-4. The hdr looks amazing.

But that's a shitty autistic meme because every single one is comfy
Because they were you underage tard.

You're a dumb hivemind redditor because the films are great compared to almost every single blockbuster made. Really makes you think.

You should make up your own mind and watch them, but not on your phone.

The praise is rare though, and most HP threads have decent conversations about the films and which one they liked most and why, but they don't seem to give a shit about Fantastic Beasts.

>I think that not giving a shit about little kids was still the right decision.
Yes, they made the right call there. It was aimed at the 20-30 year olds who grew up reading the books and watching the films. And since those slowly became darker, it was a good idea to keep FB slightly dark as well. If it was purely a kid's film it wouldn't have worked at all with the audience who grew up with the HP series.

>how WB got a title like that greenlit is beyond me. either, it's the best idea ever or the stupidest
It is a bit naff, the title sounds like a piece of fan fiction. It also clearly pushes the Grindelwald storyline into the forefront. They'll keep Newt as the main character, Rowling confimed that he's the main character in all five films, but like you I'm interested in how they'll keep his creatures relevant for four more films when it looks like it's going to be about hunting down Grindelwald.

"No!"

>friends are more important than family

most retarded movie series of the century

All of them were shot on film. You can tell and see the grain. Thats why they are so great. None were shot on digital, Delbonnel even used the same camera lense for HBP that he used for Amelie. Not the same type the exact same camera lense.

Tbh Harry Potter destroys the dark knight trilogy in terms of filmmaking. Only lotr and hp are good.

It looks much better in full bluray senpai these were well shot and directed films. They deserve to be seen in full bluray or 4K quality.everything is enchanced if you go up in quality. Get 20+ gb rips

Most retarded comment of the day! Enjoy being a friendless loser too

That's wrong every single film was good to great and the latter ones are underrated and pure kino.

How does the CGI look in 4K? I would imagine in general the first two films would look amazing in 4K but I wonder if the CGI troll and the Quidditch scenes would just look more fake because of the higher resolution.

no, I will pirate them though and watch them with my qtgf
movies have been filmed in quality matching or exceeding 4k since the 1920's

> the dark secret of 4k TVs is that most movies are 2k upscales

Even the sample video they show on the demo units in stores are usually upscaled 2k. But 95% of the time the increased bitrate and color makes the 4k disk worth it.

i'll download them, sure.

fantastic beasts was the worst blockbuster I've ever seen apart from Transformers 2.

What's this HDR/High Dynamic Range thing I keep hearing about? Is it really a great improvement? Is there a movie that uses HDR released yet so I can check it out?

You need a hdr tv. It expands the color pallete. For ex my new lg has a billoon colors per pixel, some nano cell technology. It looks very nice like the closest you can get to seeing it in the theaters. Sig improvements over the blurays especially 1-4 and 7 8. 6 also looks nice

Cgi actually looks good. The troll, norbert, castle effrects basilisk etc all look pretty good to great only shoddy part is quidditch of SS. But they basicallypioneered the tech and even in 2 its much better. The copies are honestly great watches, first two feel like you're seeing it in theaters. The castle effects really impress

No because I'm not a fucking soyboy pleb

They didn't change the CGI right? Interesting that it still looks as good as it did. The Basilisk always looked great, they made the right choice to use animatronics for that one.

>a billoon colors per pixel, some nano cell technology
Fucking hell, technology is just soaring past me these days, that sounds amazing.

They could have honestly remastered the first one and even the second. For example to me norbert looks better than ever thought he did. When fantastic beasts came out last year they released them in theaters and 1 2 were remastered in imax format and shown for the first time ever

I really liked every book, but I agree, after the 5th movie the others kinda get worse.

Very accurate and the same reason there are people who consider this garbage a "classic".

For a while, western civilization was brimming with culture and tradition. There were countless book series, cartoons, super heroes, and traditions for children to enjoy. Little by little the left has torn all of that down, either attacking people for having the traditions or taking them and perverting them into things a parent can't share with their child.

Parents remember what it was like to have things like that though, traditions their parents gave them. They wish they had things like that to give their children. So some garbage comes out, and parents desperately latch onto it because they want their kids to have what they had. So they buy them every Harry Potter book, Twilight, Hunger Games, they take them to see every Disney movie, Elf, Malificent, anything that looks like it might become a classic because if it does they don't want their children to miss out. They rely on their stupid, empty-headed coworkers and what the idiot box tells them "Oh yeah, I spent like sixty bucks on that garbage, if I say it's bad I'm a fool who wasted his money, so IT'S REALLY GOOD AND YOU SHOULD GO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON IT TOO!" I've known girls whose parents bought them every book in the Eragon series because they just wanted them to have SOMETHING. My own brother buys an Elf on the Shelf.

They figure, if they're wrong the fad'll be forgotten in a decade anyway. Anything to shut their kid up for a few hours, right?

Rewatch them because they get even better on rewatches desu
6 7 8 are criminally underrated on here, they actually meld as a trilogy nicely.

I honestly think 5-7 films are better than 5-7 books were.

Pure kino
1EE 3 6 7.1

Flick kino
2EE 4 5 7.2

Every time JK Rowling loses power, she shits out another unnecessary HP story.

Honest question, why should i buy this when i can download the movies on torrent?

>movies have been filmed in quality matching or exceeding 4k since the 1920's

Doubt (x)

Don't you want to be a good little numale pop nerd consumer?

imagine being this retarded
blu-ray.com/news/?id=22373

Because there arent 4k hdr torrents of this yet. And lots of 4k torrents end up being non compatible.

Do people play basketball with an old deflated ball? The 4k looks so much better than the bluray if you have a setup. They rescanned 1-4 the clearity and colors look so much better on the new ones. More data and the person who is an expert is the guy who mastered them. I forget his name.

@90786461
@90786166
Look at the anti harry potter autist go. He will post these hundreds of times.

Not the OP. But sometimes this sort of stuff is nice if you have a movie collection. I did it with the extended LOTR trilogy.

GOD DAMN these fucking kikes. I bet they're probably color graded the shit outta the first two film.

>When fantastic beasts came out last year they released them in theaters and 1 2 were remastered in imax format and shown for the first time ever
When you say remastered you just mean IMAX format, right? Not any added or improved CGI stuff?

I won't tell you to buy anything. Honestly, the franchise is doing fine as it is. You do need the right tv though and find the right torrent.

I did it with the LotR EE boxset as well. I only really do it for film series I'm really passionate about. I like having it on display in the open closet my tv rests on. I might get this HP boxset one day, but I'll have to get an HDR telly first.

THE HAPPA RETURNS! Time to get some Watson and Weinstein threads up

The box looks nice. Except they fucking ruin it by putting all that "Ultra HD 4K" "Featuring HDR" shit all over it. Seriously WTF? They couldn't put it somewhere less noticeable?

those are stickers moron. you can and should take them off

So this is why Warner has been spamming this garbage since JL bombed

>taking off the stickers

They leave residue and often fuck up the box

Also that garbage up top is not a fucking sticker

It honestly looks like the norbert cgi was new.
They actually look even more rich and better. Cry more Sup Forums

It's a paradox. They wanted to make it absolutely clear to everyone who saw the boxset in a shop or online that the films have been improved using the latest technology and that it's not just the same films from the original boxset. They also wanted a beautifully designed boxset that would look great in every living room. They fucked up.

Get them individually like I did. The covers look better and the cases match.

Most films aren't filmed digitally user

He's clearly one of those star wars deakinsfag blade runner 2049 tourists

But I won't be able to put them in a nice ornamented case then will I? 8 individual DVD cases next to each other wouldn't fit on my tv closet, they'd do a domino. I'd actually pay extra money for a new case without all those HDR 4K ULTRA HD logos plastered on it.

Out of those I only really liked 7-2.
Sirius actually being dead after falling behind a curtain is unfogiveable for either medium as well as Snape getting lolsnekd without any kind of proper redemption.

This is on the door of the porg tattoo fags, right?

Sirius gets deaded by the AK curse not the veil.

I like 6 a ton now it's one of my favs. I also think I like 7.1 better than 7.2, but I still like 7.2

Only in the film did Bellatrix use the killing curse before Sirius fell through the veil, just to hammer it home to the audience that he's really dead.
In the book she used Stupify which knocked Sirius backwards into the veil, meaning the veil was what killed him. It's never explained what the veil really is though.