youtu.be/tk79TED-dxI?t=104
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511786546965.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfinite_number
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OHAIYOU DORMAMMU-SAN

>that forced cameo in Thor 3
why?
Loki could have easily just said 'hes in Norway'

What if Groundhog Day exists within the Dr. Strange canon, and Bill Murray's character is just someone who is unfortunately (or fortunately) aware of the loops?

I actually found the mysticism and shit pretty interesting and thought it had the most potential of the MCU films. Too bad they didn't do much with it.

But Loki didn't know he was in Norway. Loki left him at an old folks' home.

Sequel will have Sandman rip-off as the villain.

Im referring my point as a script issue.
the character Loki could have easily just said he left him in Norway, rather than NY. scene screamed of a forced cameo, as usual with these films

Yes, and the eagles could've just flown them to Mordor.

Groundhog Day's time travel type is derived from A Christmas Carol, none of it really happens in real life besides the ending

thats a book, and this is a film with a forced cameo for the sake of additional screentime.

Nightmare was way before. So I guess Sandman was the ripoff.

I'm now imagining a cut where every time he loops he greets Dormammu in a different language and i'm giggling like a moron. I should go to sleep desu.

No because Marvel rips off DC, not the other way around. Everybody knows who Sandman is, but who the fuck is Nightmare? Just a guy who looks like him, duh.

Bill Murray still preserved all the skills he developed user. And how does Dr. Strange's time loop happen in real life anyways? What would that mean in the context of a time loop.

fuck you for making me imagine this I’m laughing way too much

That the couple of seconds it took Dormammu to kill him would repeat everywhere over and over again, but nobody remembers it happening.

Yeah, I'm asking what if billy murray was alone in being aware of the loops. Try to keep up user. You just arrived at the question.

But Murray experienced a day, a 24-hour period. Not a few seconds.

youtu.be/tk79TED-dxI?t=104

Who knows what time was like in dormamu's lair. Maybe what passes for a few seconds there is a day on earth.

in A Christmas Carol, scrooge preserves all of the understanding in the same way. skills and knowledge/understanding are synonymous
this happened in a futurama episode

>this happened in a futurama episode
Wasn't that episode about time skipping ahead? I don't remember any time loops.

Dormamu could maybe have torturered him or badly injured him and stolen the necklace instead of one shotting him every time, still a really fun scene tho

That was good fun tho, if anything I wanted to see Loki and Strange get into a magical dick waving contest and maybe even have him help out at the end.

Mostly cuz I thought Strange could do with a bit of bigging up before infinity war.

yeah that would have been good and better than this short and practically pointless cameo

everyone in this thread is reddit

I mean, fun is a point, and it was a fun scene. And the whole film was like as string of fun things that lead towards the impactful ending.

And in their overall narrative it did establish that Strange was basically taking over the job of guarding earth, and doing it in a more active way than the ancient one. Who as far as we know didn't bother taking a profile of thor or anyone else.

Winter Soldier = Dr. Strange = Iron Man > Avengers 2 = Thor Ragnarok > everything else > The Avengers 1: Shitty greenscreen assemble

Move Ragnarok to the bottom.

Reddit is attracted to the capeshit threads who would've guessed

Thor was a terrible series before Ragnarok. Taking it seriously didn't work.

upvoted

They needed to show that Dr Strange can easily btfo the avengers team's strongest.

Sherlock is not only the strongest but he is also the smartest of the team and can basically distort the dimension. And anyone without dimension tier power versus the Doctor = massive curbstomp.

In fact Doctor probably can withstand Thanos without IG all by himself (he won't win though, but i'd say he is powerful enough to stall the match. )

I am curious to know his role in the avengers given he is far and above the others...

Why do you let Reddit live in your heads rent-free?

Why do you pretend like Marvel movies aren't relevant when they're making money hand over fist?

it was a reshot

Isn't Scarlet Witch and Thor as powerful as cumblesnatch?

Dr Strange > Avengers > Iron Man > Thor Ragnarok > Captain America?

to trick people into seeing the movie

MCU Scarlet Witch is pretty crappy.

Doctor is the mightiest magician in the cosmos thus even Scarlet's wizardry is rendered petty

Thor is pretty much a pity match imo, doctor toyed around with loki. Just cant imagine a much different outcome against Thor

>a work of art's value is dependent on how much money it makes

reddit

>No because Marvel rips off DC, not the other way around.
What about that time Man Thing came out one month before Swamp Thing did?

So Strange is gonna get fucked up in IW now? So Thanos can get this stone.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511786546965.webm

Except when marvel decide they want to wank dr doom more*

>Why do you let Reddit live in your heads rent-free?

Well put. The amount of complaining here about Reddit is honestly very funny, especially from the people who think this place is any better

The amount of retards who let a website they claim to hate dictate so much of their lives is astounding

Is Dormammu a big Marvel Comics villain or did they just pull that one out of their ass?

>Too bad they didn't do much with it.
Quips takes priority every time.

Doctor Strange is one marvel character I really like. It's a shame they forced the tone of the movie to fit the rest of their movies. It should black magic and occultism, not rainbow aliens and Inception. P gay.

Someday, Disney will finally convince Fox for a team up and then release a
X-Men and Fantastic Four meets MCU christmas special. Just watch...

Technically he is a pretty big deal. But Dr. Strange villains tend to become jobbers after a while.

>yfw the watch in the beginning of the movie references groundhog day

because bendydick is GOAT and needs all the screentime he can get in the MCU while he slowly overtakes RDJ's throne

>"hi dormammu! thanks for picking me up from school today!"

;__;

I she the most broken capeshit character?

>[KING CRIMSON]

based on how hard he kicks around loki and thor's shit i'd say so

maybe in the comics but movie strange is still green and probably cant handle the avengers, also thanos would just brute force his way through distrotion

Watched this last night, was above average MCU material, mainly let down by poorly handled humor and a formulaic plot under the psychedelic visual window-dressing. The acting, effects and characterization were all good though, and it was nice to see one of these movies that has some cinematic flair rather than just looking like a TV show.

>transfinite number
>a number greater then infinity

Who the fuck ok's this shit tier writing.

hi there redditors

Yeah definitely, the visuals were kinda nice it's such a shame the movie was painfully mediocre in every way

Thor had the potential to be a fantastic series, but since Disney decided to turn everyone into Tony clones, who are in turn, Spidey clones, their light, self-aware, comedic, oh, and above all, "family-friendly" tone destroyed any chance for it to be anything other than forgettable. That holds true for what says about Dr. Strange.

We are never going to see Strange have to make tough, morally questionable decisions in the face of absolute evil.

>there are twice as many numbers as there are odd numbers

>then
>comparative

You were saying?

>capeshit

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT MARVEL RIPPED ITACHI'S FIGHT WITH KABUTO FOR THIS SCENE

Literally who and whom.

Nobody watches akira anyway, who cares?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfinite_number

yeah i mean what was the point of having dr strange there? it's like qui-gon in starwars , an unnecessary character. WHY CANT FILMMAKERS JUST GET RID OF ALL THESE CHARACTERS THAT HAVE NO POINT AND THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE MOVIE IS NOTHING OR CAN BE REPLACED BY DIALOGUE OF OTHER CHARACTERS

DONATRUMPU, I'VE COME TO MAKE A DEAL. It's a great deal, a fabulous deal. You'll like it.

This is so much better than what was in the movie

Tries to be smart; makes himself look dumber.

They backed off

this is surprisingly coherent and well thought-out. my only complaint would be that the author implies EM forces depend on the existence of atoms to exist.

I fucking lol'd

>bigging up Doctor Strange
>when he's going to get cucked hard by Adam Warlock in IW part 2.

>one month
>character made of swamp stuff was called "man thing" but the later character was appropriately called "swamp thing"

Marvel and DC knew what each other was doing. DC got the better character first.

Not the same guy, but it's from Naruto Shippuden. That character, Itachi, traps a villain, Kabuto, in a never-ending loop of time, where the only escape is to surrender.

I know for a fact that Classic Doctor has managed to negate the effect of time gem on himself and also tied a battle with The Living Tribunal (the most powerful being on the universe)

Thanos - Strange - Warlock are all on a similar level of power. But Doctor Strange can win by simply teleporting Warlock into a place where he has no power at all.

Etc...

no one gonna notice this fag just cunnyposted...

>Marvel hero's tactic is to annoy villain to death
Truly the superior cinematic universe

name of song? seen this meme many times but never asked

Dr Strange controls time. That automatically makes him more powerful than the vast majority of characters.

DORMAMMU I'VE COME FOR DUBS