GHOST RIDER CANCELLED

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/16/marvel-comics-cancel-ghost-rider-early-next-issue-5-will-last/

>Marvel Comics Cancel Ghost Rider Early, Next Issue #5 Will Be Its Last

Other urls found in this thread:

comixology.com/Ghost-Rider-2016/comics-series/81093
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Issue 6, the one issue that Robbie was going to have to himself, no longer coming out
Bra-fucking-vo Marvel.

Marvel is just killing it

>meanwhile at DC

>all ongoings still ongoing

Was that really a ghost rider solo?

Super Mario's game over music

Didn't they just cancel a 6 issue mini at 3?

>No grotesque chola muscle qt ever now

wait, the guy didn't had a single solo moment?

>We already did a New Fantastic Four update a few years ago
>Remender did it and it was called the Circle of 4
>It ended with a Red Venom Hulk Ghost Riding a giant Motorcycle
>It was amazing
>Laura was there

Nope. It was a crossover right out the gate. Which is why people didn't fucking buy it.

But I thought Marvel was keeping the industry alive and helping those poor defenseless CBS owners with all of their overstock... how are they going to do that with these dead books?

Which one?
Also the guy did say ongoing

I was hesitant reading this is from Bleeding Cool so I checked what the source is. According to the article, the cancellation is evidenced in the March and April Ghost Rider issue solicitations. Now, I don't follow the solicitations to know if this is concrete enough evidence to decisively say this is true, but nobody else has even reported on this yet, and there's no statement from Marvel.
I'm taking it with a grain of salt, personally.

The Vigilante: Southland book haD shit sales, but bigger problems. It had to be re-rated after it was printed because it was a fuck load more violent than implied. The remaining issues are apparently being published as a GN

Vigilante

>announce Ghost Rider book
>actual Ghost Rider barely appears
>book focuses on unrelated characters instead
>be surprised when the book tanks

So we're just not getting the final issue? This is the first I've seen of something like this happening at Marvel.

Good. I hate this Gringo Rider bullshit they're trying to force.

Bleeding Cool and other sites always use this method to pre-track a cancellation and it's usually full proof.

Fucking Californian spics dont sell, less if he isnt the protagonist of his book, fuck you marvel.

>this guy doesn't remember the DeMatteis Man-Thing...

The next issue will likely have a half assed 2 page ending to wrap things up. New Warriors did the same.

Alright, I'll accept that if it's been an accurate indicator in the past.

To be fair, according to the people who read it, most of it was devoted to a crossover.

The March solicit is the last issue of the current storyline. April has an issue solicited.

Sometimes it just means the issue solicited for that month has been rewritten as an event tie-in. Is Secret Empire happening that month? It'd be fitting for this book to have yet another issue not about Robbie and some event crossover bullshit.

This is what Issue #6 was going to be
GHOST RIDER #6
FELIPE SMITH (W) • DANILO BEYRUTH (A)
Cover by FELIPE SMITH
ENTER THE ROAD DEMON!
• Robbie’s powers are evolving in unimaginable ways!
• The Spirit of Eli Morrow is getting stronger and more vicious every day!
• The LAPD can’t ignore the demonic monster in their backyard anymore...
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

>MISSION FAILED

come over to DC, they'll treat you right

Why would Marvel try to push legacy characters if they're just going to give the only actual good legacy character the short end of the stick?

well the sixth issue doesn't show up as coming soon or available for preorder on comixology

comixology.com/Ghost-Rider-2016/comics-series/81093

plus the description for the fifth issue says it's the conclusion of the arc

too bad, I'm going to miss the misadventures of X-23 Wolverine, Silk, Cho Hulk, Coulson and I think one of those girls for the SHIELD tv show
won't miss the weird side-story about the beaner mechanic, glad he didn't tag along when they invited him into the main story

Even regarding the "issues written 3 months in advance" thing, this series really sounded like Smith got a standard 10-12 issue deal at the least.

to bad robbie was one of the few legacy hereos that i actualy like

Tough, hope you enjoy more Carol Danvers.

>glad he didn't tag along when they invited him into the main story

how did that storyline went?

No, Four on the Floor isn't done yet, that user is the same shitposter who posts the same bait in every GR thread.

Stopped pulling this after Tradd Moore left. Sad to hear though.

Marvel editors are fucking retarded

Marvel never, ever admits when a comic is cancelled.

>pogchamp.jpg

GEE, WHAT A COMPLETELY UNFORSEEN TURN OF EVENTS

>bait
It's called a joke, you autistic mong

That's what happens when the title character is barely in his own book, if they wanted a new fantastic four book then they should've just put out a new fantastic four book.

What a fucking waste. All the hype they had with Robbie's introduction on Agents of SHIELD, and they fucked it up.

I'm hoping they do something good with Robbie in this new 'Make Mine Marvel' schtick, he really is a character worth keeping as a mainstay.

I suppose worst case scenario, they can use Phil and May's appearance in this title to drag him into a SHIELD/Agents of SHIELD book. They can provide him with targets they want killed that would satisfy Eli's thirst for blood, and keep an eye on Robbie's rapidly growing powers.

What a goddamn shame, but not surprising given how piss poor his book has been handled. Robbie Reyes was easily one of the VERY few non shitty things over at Marvel, and they pissed him away because they wanted to use his book as a vehicle to sell other characters. Marvel literally doesnt know a good thing when they see it. Nothing is built up anymore, or fleshed out, just advertising for the next upcoming event and crossovers no one gives a flying fuck about. This is what killed Ms Marvel too, besides the pandering

>SHIELD/Agents of SHIELD book
Isn't it more likely he'd get thrown in Secret Warriors? They implied that some non-inhumans would be joining the team. Replace Kamala and Moon-Girl with Robbie and Druid and you've got yourself a solid Secret Warriors roster. They can even do it as a package deal. Robbie gets to go ham while Druid is there to contain Eli if Eli ever gets too out-of-control.

Actually, keep Kamala and swap Inferno for Robbie. No reason to have 2 fire guys, and that way you can have some KamalaxRobbie fun.

>Quake
>Karnak
>Kamala
>Robbie
>Druid
Nice mix of OG Secret Warriors, muh syngergy, and nuSW's status as an inhumans team. Robbie for synergy, Druid for OG Secret Warriors, Karnak + Kamala for inhumans. Quake fills all three roles.

>milles gets cucked by robbie
i can dig that

>Gee I wonder why people aren't buying the new Ghost Rider book, it's got Ms. Marvel, the REAL Wolverine, and Hulk showing up in it.
>Could it be because we haven't really let our title character have any time to himself and just let the book turn into a massive crossover cesspool?
>Nah, people must just hate Robbie.

> KamalaXRobbie

They never had any chemistry to begin with and I don't understand why people shipped them, aside from the reason that they were both nonwhite and had books come out the same month.

That's another option too, but it'd take more time to set up (Robbie's not really a team player unless he's forced to be atm), and if the Ghost Rider title is ending even more abruptly than we thought, they might not be able to make it work.

If they go with teaming Robbie with AoS, they can just add a few extra pages to #5 after the battle is all said and done, either with Phil and May dealing with Robbie directly then and there, or hinting towards it in the not-yet-planned AoS title. Plus, it has the added kinda-bonus of tying in the book with the TV series, in a roundabout way.

here senpai

Naive, good girl + dangerous bad boy with a heart of gold. That's a much more entertaining pairing than any of the other ships they've tried to force on Kamala.

>tfw there was a time when Marvel produced good content

But robbie was the worst, not even a real ghost rider. They need to cut the bullshit and bring back Ketch he's clearly the most popular ghost rider

Better: Kamala gets a crush on Robbie which he's too dense to pick up on. Quake proceeds to grab him after a mission cause she got dat post-battle horny going on, and fuck his brains out and Kamala sees/finds out. Hot super-spy that's DTF vs. the sheltered Muslim girl who freaks out from holding hands. Meanwhile, Robbie is too busy brooding over Eli's constant whispering of murderous bloodlust into his and constant worry over his brother. That's a fun dynamic there for some easy love-triangle drama if you wanted to go that route.

I honestly don't ship Robbie with anyone at this point (Lisa has potential, if we ever see her again), but I'm not against him with Kamala.

I will say that the end of their 'Secret Love' story made me laugh.

No, Sup Forums shipped it before this. Then this cover came out and we celebrated because we won. Then Marvel trolled us with the actual story.

kek imagine eli whispering naugty stuff to robbie
>that ass migth be aram but is totaly fine familia
speaking of quake i havent keeping it up with her did marvel is just ignoring the fact that she kill a lot of inocents in latveria?

See, I wouldn't want Robbie actually getting into a relationship with anyone because I feel like Robbie would see that as him being irresponsible what with needing to take care of Gabe, needing to work, AND needing to periodically go murder criminals. Also the weirdness over Eli watching.

The thread for its announcement even got stickied. What a day.

>They need to cut the bullshit and bring back Ketch he's clearly the most popular ghost rider

No he fucking isn't. I get you probably grew up with Ketch and have some nostalgic value attached to him but face reality man. Blaze is the most popular. Accept it and also accept that Ketch is not coming back unless Blaze dies or something.

Whoa what are you doing /r/drama?

No, it was a book starring X-23, Cho and Silk that, for some reason, was called Ghost Rider.

>Blaze is the most popular
No one gave a fuck about Blaze until after he stole everything that set Ketch apart from him. He took his whole schtick then started getting focus because he was the "original" despite his newer portrayals just being "Ketch, but less interesting and occasional references to stunt driving."

Are you finally going to stop posting in these threads when the book is cancelled?

Is this Kill la Kill?

Wasn't even a team-up people wanted baka

Listen all I want is for Robbie and Andi to team-up, become attracted to each other and to have sex in his car.

Danny is far and away the most popular Ghost Rider among Ghost Rider fans.

>I'm hoping they do something good with Robbie in this new 'Make Mine Marvel' schtick, he really is a character worth keeping as a mainstay.
How? I'm serious, I read ANGR and he wasn't particularly interesting. The appeal of the entire series was Moore's art and that was evident by any interest in the book dying off when he left. Moore drawing a silent, destructive Ghost Rider was great. Robbie himself is a fairly mediocre character.

He might still pop up but you can sure as shit bet the next Ghost Rider book is going to be Blaze again, sadly much as I'd prefer to see Danny get a starring or prominent role again.

The shoulders and solid crotch are definitely resembling. I wonder if the design's by Smith.

Good, now they can go back to Blazics.

He technically did. There was a short Ghost Rider solo story at the end of the first issue.

Other than that, it was mostly a really shitty Cho & X-23 book, with Silk and sometimes Robbie.

the appeal is an 80's exploitation type story about a guy on fire fucking up gangbangers in his sweet car.

Look at the signature. It's Smith's art.

I was actually thinking of getting into his series, since everyone praised the character.

Oop.

Better to go looking for All-New Ghost Rider trades, and maybe even the Ghost Racers mini-series. Both are much better than this series turned out to be.

Sad part is, the stuff that actually revolved around Robbie this time around was interesting, but was set aside for all the guest-stars and monster shenanigans.

read the original ANGR its preaty good

Nothing's stopping you from reading.

>drought for days

It was even funnier when Oroville dam burst because Cali's corrupt government didn't bother to do maintenance because they assumed the drought would last longer and they could embezzle the money for themselves

>They implied that some non-inhumans would be joining the team.

I'm going to hold a very small amount of hope for Mania joining the team, because goddamn I'm desperate. Also a team with both Robbie and Mania on it would be a dream for me.

Objectively correct ghost rider rankings
1.blaze
2.robbie
3. alejandra
4. whoever the fuck

am I the only user that's really sad over Silk being cancelled?

fuck
it's my favorite Spider-title in years
so bummed out

Fucking gay. I know everyone bitched because of the poor focus, but if you look at this book as a direct continuation of the previous it makes sense for a 3rd or 4th arc to broaden the perspective and illustrate the character's effect on the larger world.

I enjoyed it. This is booty.

Araña fan here.

You still got like, 6 months of cameos. Enjoy them while they last.

FUCK.

Robbie Reyes is a good character and he deserved better.

I was a die-hard Mayday fan first, I think it's arguably the best Spider-series ever, didn't really like Araña's personality or Gwen's at all, Cindy is actually pretty endearing to me

Whose idea was it to have the first arc be a New Fantastic Four homage in which the star of the series is treated as an afterthought? I'm sad to see it's coming to an early end, but this is hardly surprising

I think it's unfortunate too. Her solo series was an immensely pleasant surprise after how horrible her debut in ASM was. Meanwhile, I thought Spider-Gwen's series had the potential to be great, but that potential has been completely wasted.

I wanted to like it too and don't even mind the art but Latour is actually a really bad writer
Silk actually had heart and Robbie Thompson is secretly Marvel's best talent
his Doctor Strange is so much better than Aaron's book

>Alejandra above Danny
you need to stop

Likely editorial. The idea was probably that it would boost the sales of TA: Hulk, Silk, and All-New Wolverine, while also boosting the sales of Ghost Rider.

Probably Smith.

Fucking good. Robbie deserves better than being stuck in a trash book Marvel decided to give to other characters.
Everyone's glad tho.

Marvel sucks so much shit right now

Agents of SHIELD is killing it

Bump