TFW cultural appropriation

TFW cultural appropriation

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericansAreCowboys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that an Inca Orchid dog.. wtf.

They actually got a Spic who got offended when Disney tried to fucking trademark Day of the Dead to be a consultant for the movie.

>human beings arguing about human culture

I can't wait for aliens to show up so people can shut the fuck up about this shit.

>Disney tried to trademark a holiday like they cockroach yids they are
I'd be pissed off too

aliens are among us already my friend

I wish that was true that way, my dreams of having an alien waifu could become true

A lot of the time that's just a PR move. They say "We've heard your complaints and worries, so we're taking steps to make sure they are addressed." The best way to get someone to shut-up is to tell them you're listening, or at least give the appearance you are.

So at that point Disney may or may not listen to anything the person says. If they produce good solid input, then Disney may actually do something with the ideas or warnings. But if the person is a crazy kook, they can safely ignore them, and even use them as a scapegoat if necessary. "I'm sorry we offended audiences! The person we hired did a terrible job. We tried to do what he said but he explained it badly!"

cultural appropriation how?

He drew Mickey Mouse devouring innocent Mexicans IIRC

>cultural appropriation
Not a thing - it's a buzzword invented by leftist racists.

All language is something someone made up, and new words are added to most languages every year. There is no universal, natural language. You and I can make our own language right now, or assign new meaning to an all ready existing set of words and they would be valid.

Your comment is invalid.

Your average Mexican will see it anyway, only Chicanos cry cultural appropriation.

IIRC they tried to use a loophole because Mexicans call it "Dia de Muertos" which is the actual name of the Mexican holiday but the Chicanos call it "Dia de los Muertos" and Disney tried to trademark the "de los" version stating that it wasn't the name of the Mexican holiday.

Of course they stopped because negative PR and Mexicans were pissed especially since they're always fighting the Chinese trying to trademark the Virgin of Guadalupe image.

Thanks for the lesson, autismo.

Would you rather it be a chihuahua? Having a Xolo makes sense thematically seeing how they due to the association of being a guide to the land of the dead.

Tumblr is retard. That's how

I love the animation, but jesus christ the character design is fucking horrible and the movie is so unoriginal

You're welcome, ignoramus.

I'll watch it but I'm sick of Dia de los Muertos as the only mexican thing in media.
Book of Life, Sombra, James Bond, this.
It's not such a huge holiday, you guys.

wouldnt be so salty about it if Jorge Gutierrez hadnt already pitched the concept of the Book of Life to Pixar multiple times in the past

According to US pop culture, Mexican culture is only day of the dead shit.

and Cholos.

Not just the US it suddenly caught with other parts of the world, pic related.

I mean the whole idea of Death being represented in a very colorful non-somber or non-morbid way I guess is really interesting to other cultures.

But yeah it's not the only thing like Luchadores are pretty popular and we have a bunch of pretty cool horror stories and legends as well, Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a modern Luchador vs Mexican creature movie (not the Chupacabra tho, fuck that guy).

If it makes you feel any better, according to quite a few things, all Americans are cowboys.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericansAreCowboys

Its a stray dog he adopted with severe case of mange.
The leathery, hairless skin is a clear indicator.

Dogs with the disease are quite common in Mexico and have been called "Chupacabra"

The worse thing is that yuo stole the cowboy shit, we have been vaqueros long before you.

Joke's on you, it was written by filthy mexicans and animated by illegals for pennies on the dollar.

>only Chicanos cry cultural appropriation.

Hey, fuck you buddy.
I'm from Boyle Heights on here in LA and the only people who bitch about this shit are those stupid ass "latinx" dumb asses. Actual Chicano's care more about making a fucking living and normal bullshit. The Latinx idiots hate real Chicano culture and are trying to clean it up. Fuck them and their Diet Brown Beret Lite asses.

>tfw an actual mexican
>tfw excited for good mexican movie because tbol was literal shit
>tfw white 'progressives' shit on the movie saying is cvoultrable abropration
>tfw white progressibes ruin everything
>mfw

underrated

Both of you should stop trying to hold a culture none of you belong anymore.

Who said that I hold onto anything? I'm a Mexican American, but otherwise I just carry on like a normal person. The only "cultural" shit that really comes into play involves food or any traditional catholic crap that happens because of family and friends events. There's cool things about my heritage, no doubt, but I'm not all MUH CULTURE like those Latinx asswipes. I just wanna read comics and watch shitty horror movies.

>I'm from Boyle Heights on here in LA
Ewww

So, is Our Lady of Guadalupe going to be in this movie? Since she's a bulwark of Mexican culture, I mean?

And moreover because this involves the lands of the dead, which in Mexican culture heavily feature Catholicism?

That would be very offensive to muslims and atheist, so, never.

She was in Book of Life in the background as a statue and later as a painting.

>TFW cultural appropriation

Don't forget plagiarism..

>Every Christmas movie is the same movie

>It's the story of a mexican boy who loves guitar.
>He goes to the land of the dead and reunites with family members.
>He learns he is never alone because ghosts are real and his ghost family loves him.
>Oh, and there is a conflict around him wanting to play guitar over what others think and he is threatened to be trapped in the land of the dead.
>Spanish guitar renditions of popular songs.

actually, virgin mary it's an important and respected figure for the musulims

Desperado is a pretty great movie.

I don't mind, it's a nice and thoughtful tradition, plus the candy is great.
t. Mexican.

You, on this very moment, are appropriating upon hundreds and hundreds of civilizations and cultures all over human history.
All and everything in humanity's walk on this earth has lead to this moment of your sorry ass complaining about yet another banal thing you want everyone to complaining about so you don't feel lonely in your pathetic first world bubble.
So you know what? You keep complaining about this stupid shit and let the ingenious men and women of today's world carve a true path toward the future, so you can keep on living comfortable pampered lifestyle where your only worry is when is the next phone watchamacallit is coming out.

They exist in mexico too

So is jesus, muslins have a lot of other worst reasons to bitch

It's a Xoloitzcuintle, a type of dog popular with Aztec people, so popular in fact that they were buried with their owners.