Biggest Mary Sue in Marvel

Who is the biggest Mary Sue in Marvel Sup Forums?

I'd have to say America Chavez. Every minority character seems to be stronger than the next.

Its a tough call considering how many there are over at Marvel
>Miles Morales, can one shot everybody with Venom Blast and constantly gets his dick stroked for doing nothing
>Moon Girl, smartest person in the Marvel Universe because fuck you thats why
>Riri, built an iron man suit for shits n giggles and got praised for doing jack shit in Civil War 2
>New Hawkeye

No wonder why Sup Forums don't like these characters.

Insecure white guys who can't stand seeing anything darker than mayo?

leave katehawk out of this, she is a good girl

i like kamala, she actually has a personality

simon baz and jessica cruz are way better than any of marvel's modern minority heroes tho

I'd add Wiccan, who's superpower is reality bending to make his life like bad fanfiction.

Depends on who's writing and when. Right now? Yeah probably America because the writer is obviously using that book as a mouthpiece and literally has a page talking about how everyone likes her.

Not because of her powers, or her lesbianism or whatever. Just because the current writer is a shit.

Ever? Probably something Claremont wrote his fetishes into.

So many forced mantles...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Fem Thor.

If Miles Morales counts, him too.

Bait as it might be, we can't stand every new is a minority just for the sake of it.

Or how these people are all powerful, super this, greatest that ever for no particular reason except Marvel can say their fictional universes greatest "blank" is anything but a straight white male, and is in fact probably a minority female lesbian just to be extra social justicey.

Plus he was created to be a Heinberg's perfect self insert. Gay, Jewish, the son of one of his favourite characters, hot space prince charming boyfriend, plus the power to do fucking anything he wants because "fuck off, I do what I want".

I really, really hate Wiccan.

Hey fuck you, I like Robbie Reyes and Kamala before she went full retard

Miles Venom Blast is super overpowered for sure. Bendis sure is stroking himself off over his OC.

Moon Girl was originally a white woman under EC Comics. Black washing anyone? I hate her costume and stories. My man Devil Dinosaur got dragged in as well. :(

If they made original characters that are minorities and aren't Mary Sues I wouldn't care.

I love Robbie Reyes. I wish Marvel would give him a good writer and not make shit stories about him

>Implying anyone these days gives a shit about original characters that don't have a legacy name attached to them, black or not

>I wish Marvel would give him a writer and actually make stories about him
FTFY. If you havent noticed, hes barely appeared in his own solo book, which has just been canceled

I really liked Echo/Ronin from the Bendis run of Daredevil.

I know! I was super excited when they announced his new book. "Four on the floor" is the worst ghost rider comic arc I've read.

They shafted him. Now we have to wait another two years for a ghost rider run. There's actually some interesting nuggets in the story though. I want to know more about his power increasing.

Miles isn't that bad since he actually comes off as likable and down to earth. He's a very pleasant, enjoyable character who, IRL, would be bearable to hang around at the worst. Just nerf the venom blast already and he's pretty much fixed.

America Chavez is by far the worst. Everyone fawns over her despite her not having any real likeable or enjoyable personality traits. That opening montage of her book where everyone kisses her ass is just embarrassing, especially when she goes and acts like a complete tard for the entire issue, disproving all of that buildup.

As for the rest of Marvel really you can argue that a lot of characters get more than what they deserve in terms of storyline pushes, but I don't see that as a flaw with the characters, I see that as an unfortunate result of event culture. Kamala and Miles and everyone else shouldn't be front-and-center in massive events until they've already had a chance. Miles being a major player in CWII and fucking Secret Empire after Secret Wars was just overkill, for example.

Whereas his mother had to struggle with her powers, Wiccan has total control and it's a cake walk for him.

It's high time sneaky old Uncle Chthon paid Billy a visit.

user do me a favor and describe Miles character

Geez, i wonder why marvel doesn't create more original characters instead of legacies.

her name is america chavez, not mary sue

you even said so in your post

idiot

Kate is okay but otherwise this is correct.

Would Sup Forums like Moon Girl more if she was a sidekick to Moon Knight

It's Doom.

Pet peeve alert.
It annoys me Americans use "mayo" as a "whiter than anything" word. Proper home made mayo is pretty yellowish, but I wouldn't expect fatsos on the scooter line of the McDonald's drive-in to know that.

Just a humble, ordinary kid who wants to do the right thing with the incredible amount of power he's been given. He's very friendly, outgoing, and supportive of his peers. He's also down-to-earth and realistic, kind of like the mythical "boy next door".

In other words he's basically the classic teen hero archetype.

You're ignoring characters like
Sentry
Silk
Runaways
Maria Hill
Fantimex

Marvel can make good new characters when they try.

Don't even bring up that dumb ghetto character. I hate the Nuhumans

You basically described 90% of superheroes. Now tell us how Miles stands out among the rest.

Nice b8 m8

>Who is the biggest Mary Sue in Marvel Sup Forums?

Groot

Look at this motherfucker. Look at this shit. I fucking hate this motherfucker with all of my heart. I am so fucking sick of his bullshit pessimistic attitude, his "clever" quips, and everybody kissing his fucking ass because "xD he's a cool tree guy". Fuck Groot, I would throw him in the goddamn wood chipper and repurpose the remains for toilet paper which I would wipe my asshole with and flush down the toilet, right along with the shits, because Groot is nothing but the goddamn biggest piece of shit to ever fucking exist

>sentry
>silk
>good

I don't dislike Silk but come on dude, not having "spider" somewhere in her name doesn't mean she's not girl Spider-Man

not the same guy, but I saw a panel where he was talking about how he didn't /want/ to be known as the 'Black Spiderman', he wanted to be 'Spiderman'

so he has a modicum of self-awareness

Doom is great but constantly gets his ass kicked by everyone. He's powerful but no Mary Sue

On that note: new challenger.

Blue Marvel as Kevin Grevioux's "I thought this character up as a kid. Does it show?" is a strong contender because of the fine powerlevels obsession.

He doesn't have to in order to avoid being a mary sue. Hell, being generic makes him the opposite of that.

Two possibilities:

1. All of them. All capeshit is Mary Sues. That is the fucking point.

2. None of them. That term only works for fanfiction.

Every new marvel character is a mary sue.

Not really helping your case user. Hes basically a less interesting Peter, if that

This motherfucker is bomb as fuck.

That's not really saying anythin, at least not when it comes to having a protagonist that actually engages you.

At least back in Ultimate he had the stigma of being seen as a Spider-Man knockoff and having to struggle with honouring Peter's memry. Here in 616 he's got nothing, one day he dressed as black Spider-Man and here we are.

Blue Marvel is trash

Again, not a mary sue, though, which is what we were discussing.

He saved the multiverse and was told by some cosmic entity that if he ruled the Earth it would be the best place ever. And they were right.
Maybe he jobs a lot (on the count of being a villain), but that's due to his one and only character flaw: hubris. And even that is just another way of saying too ambitious, which is barely a flaw.
He also has a win over his arch-enemy that no other villain could claim: Reed owes him his daughter's life, and she loves Doom more than her dad. No amount of jobbing can erase that.

I always measure powers of superheroes to each other. If you compare a hero to a human yeah they all op.

Mary Sue is not a powerlevel thing you retard.

I don't think the guy who asked you to describe Miles was talking about the mary sue thing, but your claim that he was enjoyable.

He's not a Mary Sue that's for sure, at least not when pretty much every new character gets the same "suddenly showed up and the entire world loves them" treatment. He's just uninteresting.

ayyyyyooooo

He's enjoyable in the sense that he's not fucking America Chavez

the bar is very, very low for Marvel

Still not really a Mary Sue. All his stories have always felt good, and not forced or ham fisted. Hickman really did him justice in Secret Wars.

>America Chavez
seguro que en venezuela la adoran cuando no se estan muriendo de hambre

ain' no one wanted mosaic tho

>Mary Sue is not a powerlevel thing you retard.
It's a fanfiction character that gets the fanfiction story focus instead of the canon characters. It's about how a character takes the focus.

All protagonists are Mary Sues because of course the damn story is about them.

Now in a big arc, if a brand new character starts taking away focus from established characters, yes I can see that as being Mary Sueish. But they can't be Mary Sues in their own titles because the titles are supposed to be about them.

Also, in a canon work, eventually it just becomes about how new characters eventually displace old ones a lot. And sometimes what's actually happening is a story should have just ended a long time ago because there's really nothing more to say about it and people get bored.

Well I can't argue with you there.

Marvel is going down the shitter.
All the writers just write glorified tumblr fan fiction. I stopped respecting Marvel when CM Punk wrote a comic.

>All his stories have always felt good, and not forced or ham fisted.
That's like, your opinion, man.

I'm not white and I hate these fucks. I liked old KAte.

I think the thing that bothers me about America is that I don't get what exactly she's supposed to be representative of.

Sort of the same thing with Robbie Reyes. A California Mexican who has a muscle car and is just above his environment. No cousins that get him in trouble or issues with his da and uncles trying to provoke his machismo.

People aren't stereotypes but you have to include broad strokes a little bit

Did she turn Groot gay as well?

At least katehawk has flaws. She consistently fucks up, jumps into situations without full understanding of what's going on, and makes assumptions.

Only things she's really good at is shooting a bow and being plucky.

Racist as fuck.

I can deal with bullshit ridiculous powers; I can't deal with retarded writing and authors who apparently forget what their character's main fucking power is.

America Chavez broke up with her girlfriend in the space of a fucking page becuause said girlfriend didn't want to leave her entire life in NYC behind so America could go to SUPER SPECIAL COLLEGE FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE. America can fucking teleport whenever she wants. This isn't even the only plot hole in the first issue, and I guarantee you it was only done so America could get frisky with another girl next issue guilt-free.
A USA-themed intergalactic brown lesbian superhero should be the raddest shit ever but Gabby Rivera somehow managed to fuck it up.

America is particularly bad because she is literally appropriating a culture and people still claim she's representative

>I thought this character up as a kid. Does it show?

Blue Marvel really only exists to be a black power fantasy, doesn't he? A star athlete ex-marine super scientist who becomes one of the earliest and most powerful heroes on the planet and befriends an all-seeing cosmic being, but white people are still oppressing him somehow.

>the biggest Mary Sue
Did the meaning of this word change all of the sudden?

>got praised for doing jack shit in Civil War 2

Didn't everyone do jack shit in Civil War 2?

It's mostly about self insertion into the universe, which can happen in comics simply because there's so many authors rotating in.

Calling a character a Mary Sue because you don't like that they take attention away doesn't cut it. I hate X-23 and they shit her into everything. She's still not a Mary Sue. Well not in that sense. I don't know how she's written now. Even taking the mantle of Wolverine doesn't make her a Mary Sue even if it is retarded.

Miles isn't a Mary Sue. Until a black guy comes in and writes him beating up Peter and fucking Mary Jane and everyone loves him for it.

Nick Spencer

Nah, I think America really hits about every trait possible for a Mary Sue. Presented as uniquely gifted, everyone loves her and cannot stop talking about how great she is, her negative traits (being a cunt) are shown as positives, even has the ultra special unique background (brown lesbian from a universe full of brown lesbians that was a utopian wonderland).

Miles shows up a lot but isn't shilled in universe as the greatest hero ever. Moon Girl doesn't quite have the shilling though she's probably the closest. Nobody remembers Riri anymore. Hawkcunt is basically Forced Meme: The Character.

The only one who maybe matches up to America is Moon Girl but I'd say America edges her out and actually is an unexaggerated Mary Sue. Or I guess Maria Susana.

You're proving his point. Mosaic's an original character, something fans say they want out of Marvel's minority characters, and nobody even bothered to give him a chance because "lol who cares gonna go read me X-23verine and then yell NOT MUH some more".

Haha. Spencer BTFO.

That's what I think. I read America #1 and it read like dog shit. She is literally a Mary Sue.

>he's inhuman

That was the first nail the coffin. Inhumans are a tainted brand because they're against x-men

You just don't get it, Sup Forums!

It used to be that I called Whor the biggest Mary Sue but Marvel outdid themselves with Moon Girl and Riri. Don't know about Chavez but I'll be avoiding her like the plague.

This garbage cannot flop quickly enough.

While still forced, I did buy the explanation someone on here gave for it. That we do have language like "holy shit" related to body functions and gendered ones wouldn't be as odd for them.

But I do wonder why they menstruate if it's an all female society. Seems like reproduction should be vastly different.

>muh european food
Nobody gives a shit.

How's the new Bishop Hawkeye? I liked the Fraction run though the Bishop parts were pretty meh.

>>Riri, built an iron man suit for shits n giggles and got praised for doing jack shit in Civil War 2
Not
>shits and niggles
I'm disappointed, user.

As a woman, getting rid of menstruation would be a top priority in any utopian society. It's messy, annoying, and costly in terms of bodily resources.

You're an idiot.

Who else

>Sentry
Fuck off, m8.
He was good only as a part of Jenkins' non-canon mini.
When they brought him to 616 he was a pile of shit no one knew what to do with.

Not really, the 'slam' was so shitty that when I read it I thought it was a picture of the first guy getting BTFO since I don't know how twitter works.

I love whenever brings up 'the right way' to make food, or 'the best' kind of whatever dish.

It always ends with people being confronted with the fact no one outside their area gives two fucks about their local oodle kaboodle recipe, or has ever heard of their 'world famous' and variant of something.

>Mary Sue: Any character i do not like

So by this logic if they were all White they would cease to be Mary sues

Pretty much. Their only argument against these characters is "hurr , they ain't White". Then read something else, you know like the 50 billion White super heroes that do exist?

Like Superman the original Mary Sue

In my experience whenever men talk about genetic engineering they always go on about greater strength, super-intelligence and the like. For women the first thing out of their mouths is usually "GET FUCKING RID OF PERIODS."

>holy menstruation
You mean like how in the middle ages diseases like Smallpox were just "god's will"?

>implying Sup Forums is even 80% white

There are a lot of non-white people here. Hell, I'm not white and I hate America Chavez.

He's a black kid in a black costume, he'll always be the black spider-man. He could have been ultimate spider-man but that universe doesn't exist anymore, he really needs his own code name

Oh put it back in the deck you baiting faggot

*and creating catgirls

Oh snap, I've been waiting for this.
My vote is simple, the shittiest retcon of a character.
Blue Marvel
But fuck the new Marvel PC squad. I can't think of a single interesting new character or story like these.

So you're an idiot?

>Threads like this are why Sup Forums is fucking unreadable these days. Used to be able to blame it on summer but this faggotry is a year round thing. All because fags don't want to stay on their contaminant board and feel the need to politicize every fucking thing.

Just imagine if your father had only shot you into a condom , a napkin or onto your mothers tits, we could be spared your faggotry.