Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qal8lTLPyXo
youtube.com/watch?v=s1rnqaXZC5w
m.youtube.com/watch?t=316s&v=riM_7uq-WaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No it fucking isn't.

no, but it's better than any fucking christmas flick

No, it's Christmas kino.

Gremlins is the superior technical christmas movie.

Yes, it fucking is.

It takes place on Christmas eve moron.

Post best Christmas movies

Everyone knows the best Christmas movie is Batman Returns suck my dick if you disagree you faggots

>HO HO HO
>I'VE GOT A MACHINE GUN NOW

what did he mean by this?

wow what a great debate that has more to do with the viewer's sensibilities and nostalgia faggotry nad nothing with the movie's content,

LOTR is a better Christmas movie

it was released in the summer so no

>DUDE IT TAKES PLACE DURING CHRISTMAS LMAO
Lethal Weapon is a Christmas film, then.
just fuck off with this shit. the idea of a Christmas film isn't just the backdrop

It's not a Christmas movie. This has been established time and time again.

There is a difference between a movie set around/during Christmas and being ABOUT Christmas -- the latter would qualify as a Christmas movie.

Autism, is that you?

A Christmas Carol isn't a Christmas story, then?

It's a christmas movie because it is commonly shown during christmas period. The Great Escape and Casablanca are also Christmas movies.

One of the best Christmas movies takes place just before Easter.

kys

I guess that makes this a Christmas movie as well then

Why? Because Santa doesn’t show up and teach everyone the power of being nice? Christmas is the whole reason the movie takes place - the building being nearly empty because most of the employees left for the holiday, the party taking place to give the bad guys hostages, the police force taking longer to react than usual because a lot of cops get the day off? Hell, Christmas is why John McClane is even trying to get back with his wife because Christmas is an opportune time to try.

Know what other Christmas movie involves a father and husband trying to fix his mistakes? IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE. And before you forget, that movie had World War Goddamn 2 in it, if you think violence disqualifies something from being a contender for a Christmas movie.

I hate this shit. Just because it takes place around it doesn't make it a Christmas film.

I think Christmas should have to play an actual part in the film for it to be considered.

This shit is so stupid.

Definitive list of Christmas kino:
>Home Alone
>Home Alone 2

>It's a christmas movie because it is commonly shown during christmas period.
No its not. They say it is because it takes place on christmas eve, when it literally doesn't matter at all to the plot in a way that couldn't be easily explained away.

>No Christmas Vacation

Come on son.

fucking kek. grow up

Shut up soyboy

Seriously kys if you don't enjoy gremlins.

I guess it counts but I'm fucking sick of all the plebs naming it as their favorite christmas movie while thinking they're so fucking special and that no one except them have ever thought of it.

Fuck you guys, I'll post it then.
youtu.be/qal8lTLPyXo
17:03

If we're going to count movies with Christmas backdrops as Christmas movies then Die Hard is definately the most pleb choice there is. True patricians watch Eyes Wide Shut

JMs stable of prostitues (3 total) we’re trying to get out of paying their money to him, and because of the American education system he can’t even spell “Hoe” correctly. He’s informing them he has a gun and is coming to get what’s his.

Die Hard is actually an allegory for the failing American school system and how it forces women into a life of prostitution

>Best Christmas of all time
>set during Christmas
>opened in theaters on Christmas day

How is it not a Christmas movie?

>I think Christmas should have to play an actual part in the film for it to be considered.
the whole reason John is going to LA is to see his family for the holidays

Because autists say “just because it’s set at Christmas doesn’t make it a Christmas film”

I’d argue that Home Alone is a coming-of-age comedy about a kid of gets left behind on a family vacation and has to learn to fend for himself, that happens to be set at Christmas. By the same arguement it’s not a Christmas film.

> At a Christmas party
> Not a Christmas movie
What?

>tfw you watch Die Hard every Christmas Eve, are going to do so again this year and no amount of Twitter attention-seekers can stop you

Can't help but think of this bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1rnqaXZC5w

Then why is it full of Christmas songs?

I swear the people who say it isn’t a Christmas film haven’t even seen it.
>Christmas music and jingle bells constantly
>entire premise of the film is a Christmas party gone wrong
>many of the film’s best and most memorable moments are Christmas related (Now I have a machinegun, the night before Christmas)
>characters are constantly saying merry Christmas with increasing irony
>the set is littered with Christmas shit, we’re constantly reminded of it

This meme just comes from people who think Die Hard being your favourite Christmas movie is a cop-out because there’s literally no other good Christmas movies.

>all these soyboys who never watched the second film

why do they care about this so much? well of course there's not gonna be any snow in LA. die hard 2 is a more "christmas"y movie than the first one

It's a shit meme that's for sure.

There's nothing more reddit than watching Die Hard on Christmas

It's a comfy schlock flick, so yes.

It’s just buttraged babies who think that everyone should be nostalgic for Miracle on 34th Street or some trite bullshit like that.

Leave

Die Hard and Gremlins are both Christmas movies and anyone who says otherwise is a huge cunt.

Anti Christmas fags BTFO

It is absolutely 100% a Christmas movie.

>t. reddit

It's a Christmas movie that happens to take place during Christmas.

It even ends on a Christmas song, for fucks sake.

It has all of that but still lacks the most essential thing to make it a Christmas movie - the Christmas feel.

>because there’s literally no other good Christmas movies.
kys reddit

L.A. fag here. The whole “fireplace and snow outside” vibe never resonated with me. Christmas around here is gray, brown and covered in skyscrapers, which reminds me a lot more of Die Hard than it does A Christmas Story.

die hard is about the lengths to which a man will go to reunite with his family at christmastime. do the people who think it's not a christmas movie think that a christmas movie can only be about the birth of jesus or santa claus?

How much of a soyboy do you have to be to dislike Gremlins?

>do the people who think it's not a christmas movie think that a christmas movie can only be about the birth of jesus or santa claus?

Nailed it.

The world doesn't revolve around you José

Not particularly, it's more like a morality play or something. Christmas isn't about ghosts unless you wanna get really theological on me

>christmas stories can't talk about morality
wat

Pray tell, what constitutes as Christmas feel?

Now, now. It can also be about last minute presents buying.

If diehard ISN'T a christmas movie then Spider-man ISN'T a thanksgiving movie either.

Are there any good films about the original, pagan origins of Christmas then?

Discussing whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not is a normie meme. Like discussing whether pizza should have pineapple or not or Pepsi vs Coca-Cola.

ITT: Clueless Sup Forums contrarians argue whether or not Die Hard is a Christmas movie

kek

Yes, of course it is, for me and many others
The first two at least. They take place on Christmas Eve, and Christmas is visually and verbally mentioned very often

It's mostly subjective, but popular culture apparently made it into a Christmas movie. I don't get the meaning of an argument around that

Only Millennial soyboy fags would thing this wasn't a christmas movie

Let's be real here, the only people who are pushing this meme are people who are too insecure over the idea of liking Christmas movies so they have to go overcompensate by fellating an action movie, because that makes them different and quirky.

There are so many better Christmas movies out there that are edgy without being retarded, like Gremlins, Scrooged, Batman Returns, etc.

Hard to describe by words but we all know what it feels like and if you think it's invoked by action and horror movies set at Christmas you're an edgy contrarian 14 year old faggot.

>muh feels
I assume you didn't switch to soy because of lactose intolerance.

Damn, user.

Does this mean Tangerine is a Christmas movie too?

"Not a Christmas movie" side loses automatically, because of that bellend using the clap emoji

m.youtube.com/watch?t=316s&v=riM_7uq-WaI
No but there's this video

Die Hard 2 is the ultimate christmas movie.

What if you're not into Christmas movies and that's the only movie that's ever made you like the genre?
Your post reeks of insecurity

>any movie that takes place "during christmas" is now a christmas movie
I mean, technically, I guess.

It takes place on Christmas, the central plot point is Bruce Willis trying to get home to see his family for the holidays, Christmas songs/decorations are very visible throughout the film, so yes, it's a Christmas movie.

I think it the hipster soyboys who won't shut up about it and like it for the sake of making themselves look like hot shit are the real reason why everyone is split. If reddit and normies didn't ruin it, you'd all be praising it as kino.

Taking place during Christmas doesn't make it a Christmas movie you absolute brainlet.

Maybe this argument would be cleared up easier if we actually defined what a Christmas movie is.

You're thinking entirely about the superficial end of it. A Christmas movie doesn't need to have Santa or Jesus or whatever, but it should at least have themes that have to do with the holiday. It's A Wonderful Life is about how one man's life can make a difference where the spirit of giving saves the day. Same with A Charlie Brown Christmas. What themes does Die Hard have except "kill bad guys, go to family"?

All of that could have happened on another holiday except for the McClane marriage bullshit excuse for a cop to try take on an ongoing hostage situation in an action movie.

so is Eyes Wide Shut also a Christmas film then

>is about how one man's life can make a difference where the spirit of giving saves the day.
More or less the same with McClane. I don't have such precise requirements for Christmas movies

partially yes

>batman returns is good
>not the memest opinion of all

So Jingle all the way isn't a Christmas movie?

Not an action movie.

>>is about how one man's life can make a difference where the spirit of giving saves the day.
>More or less the same with [action hero who saves the day in an action movie]
Holy shit that's a lot of Christmas movies then if it's that simple. Speed (1994) is my favorite Christmas movie now btw

Is it a christmas movie? No

Is it a good movie to watch on christmas? Yes

What themes does Home Alone have other than "it's fun to booby trap inept burglars?"

this is also a christmas film

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Did you even watch Die Hard

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
brainlet. die hard, lethal weapon, ironman 3, and Prometheus are all christmas kino

you cant dispute this.

>(You)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

did you forget the entire old man living alone subplot?