Hi Sup Forums so I'm your local mythology and folklore enthusiast...

hi Sup Forums so I'm your local mythology and folklore enthusiast. I love stories of lore from all around the world and would love to see more of it in animation.

so Sup Forums what kind of mythology is your favorite? if you could see it done animated what would you want to see and why?

pic kinda related.

I kind of like the lore set in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It'd be cool to see a modern cartoon about it, but it would be hard to top the 2010 show.

Greek mythology person here.

> if you could see it done animated what would you want to see and why?

Anything that doesn't make Pan or satyrs out to be a tin can eating goat. Or turn Hera more sympathetic. They keep doing that. Also stop making Hades the literal devil. He's not.

what got you into greek mythology?

High school required reading.

Sometimes school does teach you things, kids.

Mesoamerican or incaic. Shit is bloody and gruesome.

Also they cthulhus before it was a thing.

Atlantean Hermeticism, which encompasses all mythological Traditions across the high cultures of the earths civilizations.

how is this book? I liked Sandman but the rest of Gaiman's work is iffy if best

I just love all mythology in general must be because im apparently descended from witches

I fucking hate mythology because so much of it has become absurdly oversaturated and all too often used to excuse lazy writing and an utter lack of creativity.

Like, originality is complete whoreshit, but at least don't be pretentious about it by repeating minor variations on the same eons old stories and calling it artistic. Goddamn.

Fuck off Mexican shit

T. Geoff Johns

Truly the dumbest board.

Not that guy, but I agree with him to a point. A lot of writers just lazily mine mythology and regurgitate its plots and characters without adding something new or adapting it to the story they're writing. Rather than an inspiration, it's become a crutch for shitty writers.

I love Egyptian mythology.
It's fucking ridiculous. Just read the Contendings of Horus and Seth and you'll know exactly what I mean. It's super short. Like, 7-8 pages?

The God of the moons crown was made out of Horus' magical talking sperm. It's truly the best mythology.

Nigga, the crown thing isn't even the craziest part of that story. There's strong competition between "Uncle Set tried to rape me, and I can prove it because Mom tricked him into eating his own jizz.", and Ra randomly breaking down in tears cause someone called him a pussy, and only being calmed by his mother breastfeeding him.

And don't even get me started on that damn fish.

I was trying not to spoil the best parts but let's also not forget that there is an alternate version of the tale in which Ra's sadness is only cured by his daughter Hathor flashing her gaping vagina at him and it made him laugh.

Read a bit of hindu mythology the other day.
Everything is basically dbz/this isnt even my final form-tier.

>so Sup Forums what kind of mythology is your favorite?
Egyptian, it was kind of everywhere in the mid 20th century and is still reasonably popular today

The farthest I went into Hindu mythology was the Ramayana and some god whose body was cursed thousands of vaginas all over it. The Mahabbaratta is way too much of an undertaking for me.

After I watched Moana, I spent 5 hours reading about Polynesian mythology. It's pretty dope.

Nah, bring on pretentious artsy reinterpretations, that's the whole point of mythology. People retelling shit, paying homage to their context and adding more to it is what binds it to culture.

Warcraft-styled "retellings" can leave though, where they just copypaste what they see on Wikipedia while barely changing the names.

>Also they cthulhus before it was a thing.
Elaborate?

>hermeticism
you're one of those fedore tipping autists who think that the fact they're using the term hermetic you are actually smarter than everyone else

>Norse Mythology

>not even the fucking right hammer

fucking americans

I want a fucking comic about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. You would think it would sell very well.

there's lots of fucked up myth like that. I just heard of a Navaho (american indian) myth where a female god masturbated with a purple cactus and gave birth to two demons

Don't masturbate with a cactus

>brits
>americans