Is he right about DC movies?

Is he right about DC movies?
youtube.com/watch?v=G6IZHrIviFo&t=39m28s

We all know this just going to be another Company war thread, fuck off and leave that shit elsewhere.

Ok.
But he also states that the Marvbel movies hopefully change their formula too.

Right in what way?

That all their movies have been handled stupidly, but at least haven't tried to ape Marvel's tone and formula? Sure.

Will hopefully run out of steam soon? If the box office results so far are any indication I don't actually see that happening soon. Not unless the next couple of movies do dramatically worse than MoS and BvS in theaters.

Yes DC is shit and run by retards always has been

Thankfully after JL bombs so bad it bankrupts WB we'll never have to see these fucking retarded characters again

To be fair, he keeps saying the second point whenever he sees a cape movie his dislike. It's just his perception about his own fatigue that he keeps pushing as something felt by others when reality is different.

However the first point is spot on and something I wish fans of said movies could understand how others feel about it.

>If the box office results so far are any indication
SS made less money that BvS and unless you think WW is going to make more than SS then you are stupid as fuck. DC has already blown their load using their most profitable characters from out the gate and that still hasn't gotten them a billion. You can only coast on your characters for so long until people stop giving a shit hence why Supes went on a hiatus alongside Bats until WB could finally get their shit together.

>Ugh! Stop having discussion in a discussion board!!

what time in the video do they discuss the relevant topic?

>shitposting about movies on a comic board is discussion
lol

the time where that link takes you to.

Wat

Superman IV was 1987
Batman was 1989
All throughout the Burton and Schumacher era WB was trying to get a new Superman movie made

Batman Begins was 2005
Superman Returns was 2006
All throughout the Nolan era WB was again trying to get a new Superman movie made

There has never been a Super hiatus, just failed clashing projects until they made Man of Steel out of desperation.

I don't know maybe 39m28s?

we're discussing how fucking shit DC is

I had figured considering nobody else in the thread asked the same question, it's just it didn't work for me

thanks

Fuck off Sup Forums.

>9gag
Disney shills aren't even trying are they?

This flag does not seem legitimate.

better?

Nice samefag Sup Forums.

9gag > Degenerate Creeps
Make Mine Marvel.

Sure is Sup Forums shitposting and falseflagging in here.

I'm not a fan of these films but I do feel like I understand why the fans seem so obnoxious. And it feels like it's because you can barely get a word in edgewise if it mentions anything even slightly positive about DCEU films.
And I'm not talking about here. Too much shitposting to be considered real conversation in these parts. But even before BvS came out it looked like it was next to impossible to argue the potential merits of the DCEU in good faith. So the fans just got louder and louder til they started arguing in bad faith too.
And I'm not gonna come down on the "Both sides are just as bad" line. There were people who'd carry on about how bad MoS was in comments sections about international policy on the Atlantic. Or Gizmodo articles about what new reasons they had for hating Apple. It wasn't just MCU fans either. Tons of people who claimed to have a vested interest in genre films seemed to have decided that the DCEU was enemy #1 of good blockbusters.
Normies and geeks alike online felt that it was their duty to shitpost about the DCEU wherever they could. And there's gotta be a line right?
Even X-fags eventually moved on after a string of movies they hated. People stopped talking about Fantastic Four films 2 months after they came out. But the DCEU flicks a switch in some many people's heads that even saying something like "I don't know if I'll have soup or --" turns into someone going "Oh. Let me tell you everything wrong with Superman in the DCEU"
Like, calm down. It ain't that important. Let someone else have an opinion. Even if it may be lousy.

It means DC is so beloved that people will go out of their way to shit on egregiously bad versions.

the reason we keep shitting on them is because unlike Fox and Fantfourstic the retards over at DC don't know when to fucking give up

Welp. Can't argue that. I myself don't think they're that bad. In fact at most they're mediocre. But you all do and you all really care. So there's a validity to your neverending shitposting.
But I do find it at least 5x more obnoxious than any defense of them either.
And since there's no way to have a discussion of the merits or failures of the DCEU in good faith on any side, I'm just gonna bow out here. There's nothing more for any of us to gain.

>And since there's no way to have a discussion of the merits or failures of the DCEU in good faith on any side
This is why this board (and Sup Forums) are shit.
Everyone just talks past each other and tries to "win" every discussion.

I didn't visit reddit for years, and I still don't post because i'm too lazy, but I lurk there now, and they actually talk like civilized people.

Everyone here acts like fucking animals. It's god damn pathetic and I had a system shock because I forgot what common decency online looked like.

The only reason you think that Reddit is anymore civilized than here is because any dissenting opinion is downvoted in oblivion, never to be seen again.

>Reddit

Yeah you fucking moron of course you can find actual discussion on Reddit because they only have one opinion and anything else that isn't conforming to that opinion everyone acts like it doesn't exist.

No, that's not it at all and you know it.
While what you're saying is true, the simple truth is that the posts people make there are just less vitriolic and/or aggressively stupid.

He's right about DC, but wrong about Austin Powers. In Austin Powers, hitting on 20 worked because #2 could see through the card. Austin stayed way too low and lost.

TFW I originally wrote austim powers out of habit.

I think that's probably due to two things. The first is because the vitriolic and the dissenting opinions get downvoted so you don't even see it. The other is that on Reddit, you have a username and an identity. You can get harassed or doxed long after you made whatever dumb comment you said, so people don't really say what they really feel.

>Shazam
>played by the Rock
Who will be the normal form? Also he's not even a jew.

The Rock is playing Black Adam. That chart is incredibly out of date.

Completely.

The Rock is Black Adam, has been attached since Nolan or earlier

Have you been living under Stone Cold

so that's why reddit is so fucking boring

>and that still hasn't gotten them a billion.

Who cares, retard? Marvel makes a billion with one movie thanks to china.

But guess what? China keeps most of the money that they made so if Marvel makes 200 milliin in China they only see like 10 million out of that money.

So technically Marvel has never earned a billion with their movies.

The billian dollar thing is a retarded ass goalpost, BvS and SS were among the top 10 most popular movies of the year, that's a sign of success

The moment DC makes a Teen Titans movie, Avengers is over

>giving up
Or maybe have faith in director
Or understand why DC comics, Superman or Batman works and should in films.

So you mean since austin knew he wouldnt win, he let it crash?
Interesting theory.
If he wouldnt make this face in the end. I would believe.