Is Superman: Yellow Sun worth reading?

Is Superman: Yellow Sun worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

giphy.com/gifs/wwe-walking-vince-mcmahon-WvX7457FFkVW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hell yes.

Yes

100% Yes.

It's honestly kinda weird that with all the buzz about minorities and stuff these days, this book is pretty much the only one that actually takes place in a foreign country

Yes.

>minority character that also happen to be a great character in a great comic
>gets ignored

Why can't DC capitalize this stuff like marvel does?

Because DC isn't ran by a bunch of Vince McMahon clones like Marvel is.

I really liked the Chinese Freedom Fighters.

The media doesn't care about the japanese or the chinese or the africans or the iraqis. They care about asian americans, african americans and muslims that were born and that have lived in the US and A for the majority of their lives.

Because at the end of the day they only care about the ones that are American enough.

They've been crossing it over a little bit but it's best to give it a chance to gain its own identity and see if people actually like it. I'd assume he'll get more of a push later this year.

The art looks kind of weird at times, but otherwise it's a strangely solid book

Reminder first trade comes out on June 27th.

The author is also keenly pushing the fact that Kenan would have language barrier issues with most heroes he crosses over with unless they also know Chinese like Lex and Superman. It's a good reason to not cross him over that much.

Solid book, but I have to admit that I started to get bored with it and planning to drop it.

The book likes taking its time setting up arcs. Kenan will probably beat the Chinese Superman prototype because of the training he's currently getting.

Because the last time DC did that tactic, we got Nu52 Alan Scott.

Who or what is Skelebro if Superbro is back?

Superboy

Reminder that Dr. Omen is probably fondling Papa Kong's body right now

Prototype Chinese Super-Man

He was a dumb idea but execution wasn't too bad
At least until the book started going like it did

yes

Gay Murder Lantern was great, fuck you.

>Yellow Sun
not
>Yellow Son

Actually Vince is a robot and so are the Marvel execs
Here's proof:
giphy.com/gifs/wwe-walking-vince-mcmahon-WvX7457FFkVW0
Sorry for link I am phoneposting

That's not true. They didn't promote it at all. Robinson off-hand mentioned it in an interview and gave the reasoning for it.

Only if you're entertained by assholes.

90% of the people who bitch about a lack of diversity, only care about diversity in white countries, and showing other people how not-racist they are, because in America (much like Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia) the accusation is as bad as the crime.

The Chinese are not a minority in China
they are 99.99999% of the majority

This isn't about a "minority" character this story is about a Chinese character

Because the only things that get shilled by Mary Sue is Marvelshit

This is so true. Marvel has always been a bunch of pitchmen selling mediocre comics.

"New Super-Man" by Marvel Comics.

>Written by a Chinese-American tumblrite hack.
>Kenan Kong is Chinese-American, lives in New York.
>Book starts with characters that have never interacted with him saying how wonderful he is.
>Kenan is also the most intelligent Chinese man.
>He decides to go to university because he is tired of saving the world every week.
>Characters refer to him as "The REAL Superman".
>It is praised by "The Mary Sue" and "Comics Alliance".

Probably the best book to come out of Rebirth.

No, if it was by Marvel a white guy would be writing it

The Chinese are not a minority, period. There are somewhere between 1.2 billion and 1.6 billion Chinese in the world, or ~20% of the total population and the largest ethnic group.

While identifying as Chinese American.

yfw you remember Alonso saying since his wife was Korean that basically makes him Korean as well

This is dumb. They aren't spread evenly throughout the world.

But back to the main point, if people did care about having heroes who are different from each other they would be supporting a big 2 comic set in a foreign nation.

>they would be supporting a big 2 comic set in a foreign nation.

They didn't support Batwing either.

To be fair they also didn't buy it when he was American.

>if people did care about having heroes who are different from each other they would be supporting a big 2 comic set in a foreign nation

You're right. They don't actually care. They mostly wanna read self-congratulatory schlock about how their own culture is superior and how people of all stripes can belong to it. Occasionally they'll want a different spice on the surface, like 'Kamala is Muslim' or 'Riri is black' or 'Cindy is Korean,' but at the core these characters are all functionally Americans in behavior and culture.

Overrated as fuck, but definitely not a bad read.

yup

It's very enjoyable

Feels very Bronze Age even though the dialog is very modern

I don't think it feels much different from other modern comics. What feels "bronze age" to you?

It's one of the best titles DC is currently producing.

It's a well-written cast in an interesting setting that's a logical progression from the existing DCU, and has interesting ties to well-known characters and has non-forced non-white characters. In other words, close to perfect. DC Rebirth's best along with Deathstroke imo

it's only by far the best book DC is publishing written by someone who is actually a recognized genius comic book writer

it's truly wonderful, a joy to read and people who hate it are either genuinely racist and/or dumb as fuck and think Superdad is sooooo deep
Rebirth literately is boring as fuck besides New Super-Man and Red Hood +Outlaws

that it was the weirdest thing in the world
how can you possibly identify with your wife's ancestry?

New Super-Man is a perfect example of how all of these recent "minority" teen legacy characters should be handled. They're going out of their way to ensure people know "The Super-Man" and "Superman" are distinct entities. Superman in some form is still around and isn't tossed aside because Kenan exists. Kenan is struggling to live up to an incredible standard while being knocked down at every turn, be it by his own arrogance or someone else getting in his way. He isn't immediately treated as a flawless prodigy and is still very much a rookie. He's growing, but it's clear he still has a long way to go.

Kenan doesn't feel like he's just filling a quota. He's his own distinct character with his own goals and motivations, his own allies and enemies, and his own personality. Hell, even his "S" means something different than the real Super Family's.

Well, I wouldn't say Marvel is Vince clones. Not enough BIG HOSS..s

>likes RHatO
>doesn't even mention Deathstroke
Shit taste senpai.

Don't forget says random non nonsensical Chinese words every other sentence.

>What the holy gung xi fa cai are you doing here?

I want more of the Chinese Justice League.
Isnt a Flash getting introduced soon?

Love how this is so much better than any of Marvel's diverse characters and their comics

Last issue.

Deathstroke is a meme

Kenan's like Jake Long but less annoying

>Yellow Sun
Well played op

>tfw no Chinese Aquaman
>tfw no Chinese Mera to go with him

>ignores Deathstroke
>ignores Nightwing
>ignores Young Animal

Neat. Hopefully i can go inyo town to pick it up. Was it good. Link to storytimr
also hope they have super sons

Nightwing has never ever been good, Deathstroke is overrated and the only genuinely good book from the YA line is Shade, the Changing Girl but it gets the least amount of hype

>Deathstroke is overrated
Look at this pleb. Did you not read the last issue

>China
>Respecting the ocean
Also Dr. Omen didn't see the need for one

Honestly this book is great and last issue had probably some of the best written Sex Luthor in a while. Dan Jurgens can't write Lex worth shit in Action, atleast not the god tier nu52 rendition.
This book is one of the most fun books at DC right now and I hate that it's basically on life support right now and needs a huge boost in sales soon.

Marvel has literally zero books as good as Deathstroke right now.

Chinese Plastic Man when?

Moon Knight, Gwenpool and Nova tell you to suck it

>Gwenpool

Ah, so you are retarded? You should have said it before.

Those are all enjoyable but only Moon Knight comes close. Please do not shitpost in a good thread.

Nah he would add random foods from American Chinese restaurants

>Holy Kung pow Chicken!

Robinbot > All other Robins

How can human boys even compete?

Bendis is a big hoss, and he makes people job like a motherfucker.

Completely accurate post except for this:

>Written by a Chinese-American tumblrite hack.

It would be written by a white dude who has worked at Marvel for decades and who is long past his creative peak. He has never been in the same building with a Chinese person but he once saw half of Mulan on an airplane and Marvel considers that more than enough qualification for the job.

None of them are as good as Deathstroke, faggot.

I like what Seeley is doing but that's because I'm a total fag for Dick

Not the guy you're responding to, but Gwenpool actually is one of the better books coming out from Marvel lately.

yes. it's one of the best DC ongoing.

>Moon knight
My man. Also old Man Logan is quite good.

Lemire is too good for the Big 2 but wish he got to write more Superboy

I agree with you dude. Rebirth is freaking boring and I'm only enjoying RHATO and NSM.

Nightwing is medicore-decent at best and Deathstroke is overrated. I definitely think the latter is better than the former and Priest is the best thing to happen to slade in years, but I don't consider it one of the greatest books.

Yes!
Thank You!