Likable hero

>likable hero
>mega babe female lead, hottest Disney has ever had
>top tier villain easily
>great music

This movie was just fine, plot issues aside (it's Disney) and historical accuracy aside (IT'S FUCKING DISNEY) this shit is a great movie...I feel like the only people who hate it are autists mad about it not being true to Greek myth as if any Disney story is anything but stolen stories rearranged in the way they want, people who were too old for it when it came out, and people who are triggered because they never heard black singers before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q&t=89s
youtube.com/watch?v=-O26j6K2qm0
youtube.com/watch?v=FqDaoMtIujs
youtube.com/watch?v=xJqC_AcFV18
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Calm the fuck down, we love it here, jesus fuck

WHADDAYA DOIN'
GETYA SWORD

People dislike this movie?

Talk about shit taste.

Surprisingly awesome platformer but the running sections were murder.

I didn't know that people hate it
w-e-i-r-d

It's definitely my favorite Disney movie.

It got me interested in history, too.

Good luck finding people who dislike it here.

RULE NUMBER 95, KID: CONCENTRATE

Anyone who dislikes Hercules simply hates good animated movies
Zero to Hero itself could carry a movie

Honestly, I didn't start hearing about people hating this movie until the Nostalgia Critic said he didn't like it. I personally enjoyed this movie and me and my siblings would watch it as part of our weekend Disney marathon back in the day.

It and Emperor's New Groove are tied between my favorite 1st party Disney movies of all time.

This is interesting, because the "Nostalgia Critic" and "Chick" would have you believe it's a hated piece of trash that simply failed

Doug also said that Fembusters was better than Ghostbusters 2, as well as calling stuff like Osmosis Jones and Small Soldiers shit.

Ignore him.

Well that's one way to utterly destroy your credibility.

i learned Scarfe did the art the other day
really explains the weird architecture and designs

i'll get my sword for you danny

>he doesnt like what I like and likes what I dislike
>destroy your credibility
yay autists are at it again

>mfw I've seen some faggots actually complain about the black figure pottery muses being black

That's such an underrated joke/justification for the gospel musical direction, man.

That's a lot of dicks with teethed vaginas on the end of them.

NO BLACKS IN MY DISNEY, BLACKS ARE FOR WARNER BROS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait, no one understood that joke? It's so obvious I even got it after the gospel scene finished.

I love the movie and Megara has the hottest personality of all the disney girls.

I want to have sex with her brain.

What did you want this thread to be about, OP? The first half of the post would've been just fine if you just wanted discussion.

>Nostalgia Critic
>Chick
>Literal Whos

Never heard of either of these losers. Googled NC and I can pretty much say without even having to see more than the first lines of images that he's the type of person who needs an asskicking.

>Small Soldiers
>Shit
This guy needs to commit suicide via live feed.

Hating people who hate Hercules
And also Hercules

Doug also probably thinks the shitty Transformers movies (That ripped the fuck off SS's plotline but with bland robots instead of the toys with actual personality.) and Avatar (Also ripped off SS "Weird, but good-hearted non-humans being terrorized by evil soldiers" as well as the general being a blatant rip-off of the Commandos leader.) are god's gifts to man.

Wait, they were supposed to black?

Definitely my favorite Disney movie along with Mulan and Tarzan.

>he's the type of person who needs an asskicking.
Some Sup Forums loser is going to determine whether a man who actually makes money doing what he enjoys needs an asskicking? kek

Are you kidding? He rips those movies apart any chance he gets, and oddly enough it's just as cringey as the scenario you're describing

And wtf is SS

Then again

Disney's Hercules is the best Superman movie of all time.

Prove me wrong.

>And wtf is SS
Suicide Squad. He meant that Avatar ripped off Suicide Squad. Isn't it obvious?

You mean Man of Steel is the worst Hercules movie.

>all of them voiced by black voice-actors
>singing gospel music
>while being all sassy
>while being the only really dark-skinned people in a movie about olive-skinned people

What the hell did you think they were supposed to be?

I meant Small Soldiers.

Athena is a babe.

I never saw the English version, only the Hungarian. I guess I never made the connection, since hungarian voice actors can't really emulate certain accents. I just assumed they were clay colored or something.

>Avatar (Also ripped off SS "Weird, but good-hearted non-humans being terrorized by evil soldiers" as well as the general being a blatant rip-off of the Commandos leader.)
You're talking about the comic version of SS and not the movie, right?

My only real problem was that Hercules is the roman name for him the original Greek name was Herakles.

Also Atlantis the Lost Empire is best Disney

I Won't Say I'm In Love best song.

Don't forget Treasure Planet!

What is the best Disney song and why is it "I'll Make A Man Out Of You"?

yup also a great film (minus the music on the surfboard scene)

But the fat one still had the stereotypical mannerisms of a fat sassy black lady! It transcends languages!

I mean, I was watching it dubbed as a kid as well and I grew up with ONE (adopted) black in my school during the entirety of my childhood, but I still recognised the typical black lady mannerisms and music style from... Pop culture osmosis I guess.

The tallest one with the biggest hair was also streotyical black.

youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q&t=89s

I would notice it today, but I only got immersed in American "culture" when I was 16, and I never interacted with or really seen any black people before I was 14.
This dub every TV stuff, that still goes on here today takes away a lot from the essence of the original shows/movies etc.

"I won't say I'm in love", because it has rape-statues in it.

Atlantis was great, but the story was a little lacking.

Also, character designed by Mike Mignola

One of the best Superman movies if you think about it

That is pretty cool it gives off a totally different vibe from what I remember. I guess I should rewatch these in english.
The version I saw is also good, but so different in some way youtube.com/watch?v=-O26j6K2qm0

I found her character fascinating. A lot of Disney girls are kinda naive and inexperienced when it comes to love, and they tend to have bubbly, open personalities. But Megara had past experience with romance, things had gone very wrong, and it had made her cynical and difficult to approach. She was so full of distrust that she didn't want to let anyone get close to her and hurt her again. She didn't even think Hercules was genuine when they first met; she assumed he was faking his awkwardness in an attempt to charm her.

Her portrayal felt very different from a typical Disney girl, and she appeared a lot more mature than most of them. Also, her sultry interactions with an uncomfortable Hercules were fun to watch.

This song sounds good in any language

A cool, cynical, strong and smart girl who can't stop falling for the nice guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=FqDaoMtIujs

Why can't I stop beliving this could happen IRL.

True, most versions are on par with the original, but some are noticeably better or worse. youtube.com/watch?v=xJqC_AcFV18
I wonder how much it depends on the actual language or the skill of the singers. Some languages are probably inherently more melodic than others I guess.

>who can't stop falling for the nice guy

She's not been falling for the nice guy, though.

>watch this in HD for the first time
>"I thought my heart had learnt its lesson"
>all the statutes she's walking by are depicting angry/sad women being abducted by half-human beings that were considered to be brutish and horny in Greek mythology
>"it feels so good when you start out "
>the statue is of a couple dancing in sync, with the man holding the woman up as she smiles and turns back to look at him

All her relationships started out seeming perfect with the guy being nice but the men always turned out to be brutes who just wanted to fuck and use her, and she thinks she's learnt the lesson that all nice guys are actually just brutes ACTING nice.

Is this the most well-hidden "deeper" meaning in a Disney song number? You couldn't even catch this shit when it was on VHS because the quality was too low.

I think it depends on the translators in charge of the song the most. If they know they're shit then they can substitute good words to keep the meaning somewhat the same without fucking with the rythm. If they're bad they fuck up the rythm or they straight up change the meaning of the song. Or they just use a weird word that nobody would use in the real world because it's a literal translation, making everybody who understands the language scratch their head on why they're using such a stilted word.

Then comes the singers ability, lastly the language.

He said the live action parts of Osomosis Jones were shit, and that he thought the animated bits were alright. I haven't seen the other reviews you mentioned but I'll assume you're talking shit.

Oh shit, somehow I never noticed the rape statues until now.

don't you have mediocre videos to be making, Doug

Wait, do all the women have blindfolds pushed onto their foreheads as well? They were blinded by love. Only when they removed those blindfolds did they notice that the men were centaurs and fauns and started struggling to get away from them, but it's too late.

I like it but the plot does feel a bit disheveled even compared to other Disneys. The setting and atmosphere are cool and memorable, the actual story is just boring. I feel like the TV series was a better fit.

>all those ad hominems
Why.

Since when are they authorities?
Doug also fucking loved Korra.