How come there weren't any blonde, or redhead for that matter, characters in either of the Avatar shows?

How come there weren't any blonde, or redhead for that matter, characters in either of the Avatar shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Ostrich_horse
avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Transportation_in_the_World_of_Avatar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

White genocide.

Because it's in an Asian fantasy setting, dummy,

>Implying

Because it's an Asiatic world and asians don't have blonde hair retard

Contrary to what anime would tell you, Asians don't get very different hair color beyond black to light brown.

because none of the characters were white obv

Because there weren't any whites in South Pole/China/Japan/tibet

>It's an OP shows that he's an idiot thread

white people, black people, Indiana, a middle easterners and so one probably totally got blown the fuck out by spirits 10,000 years ago. And the remaining survivors took shelter on turtle lions who grant shitty ass useless bending powers like love bending and shit bending. And they had to starve to death

/thread.

>Indiana
I almost forgot Hoosiers were a race of people.

Other anons got it, there are no whites in the Avatar world. It's like Asian Middle Earth.

>someone bleaches their hair blonde in book 4
I wonder where they'd get the idea for that, or even if they'd call that hair color blonde and not yellow. There's no naturally blonde people for them in the setting to copy.

But I want representation and diversity. You could a few white people in ancient China, so why wouldn't they represent them in a fantasy world?

>You could find
Fix

Because we saw the entire planet in ATLA and there's really nowhere you could fit a white culture. In fantasy the non-white races usually come from somewhere off the visible map, but Avatar's had a full map since day one.

So what? The mutation happened in our world, why couldn't it happen there? Especially since we see people with green and blue eyes?

user, don't be that guy.

Wouldn't it be the same logic as someone dying their hair purple in our world? And it's not like they won't see other living creatures like animals with the coloring.

You're being oddly autistic here.

On a more serious note, where the fuck are horses? I don't remember seeing any, although it's implied they should be fairly common.

So did Bolin hit that or what?

The front page is dominated by them lately

Also there was Yue to copy.

sigh,just fucking go back to your safespace

That was white rather than blonde, I thought. Old people have white hair too.

That isn't real

>getting angry that someone is invading your own safe space, so you tell them to go back to theirs

I would like to think that if she was a natural redhead that she would have been impregnated multiple times by many different men to help spread the redhead gene.

actually, white people lived in the swamp. But we only saw old men swamp-people so we don't know what they look like.

>Celebrating Saint Paddy's day

Quick, pinch Zuko and Aang!

>horses
You mean horse lizards right

Actually, it is dyed. It is mentioned on the same episode they see her for the first time.

>Other anons got it, there are no whites in the Avatar world. It's like Asian Middle Earth.

Wrong. Middle Earth is a small portion of Arda. It is analogous to Europe. Harad is analogous to Africa, with Far Harad being the Sub-Sahara and Umbar being North Africa. Rhun is analogous to Asia. The West, where the elves live, is the New World although humans haven't migrated there yet.

Meanwhile Avatar is an Asian themepark world.

>No non whites in a region of a fantasy world analogous to Medieval Poland
>ERMAHGOD racism, white privledge, whitewashing, THEY WUZ KANGZ, Europeans don't have a identity so change it!

>no whites in Asian theme park world
>look at all these crying white males, can't you see it's a asiactic asthetic and that whites can't exist? God

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Ostrich_horse

That's not what I'm talking about of course. When Sokka first sees your ostrich he calls it a "bird-horse thingy". So for him that thing is more exotic than a normal horse.

I doubt Sokka meant them too. He lived in the South Pole, I'm pretty sure there are no lizards there.

>That's not what I'm talking about of course.
It is an example. There is no single horse equivalent, but the ostrich horse was a popularly used one.

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Transportation_in_the_World_of_Avatar

>When Sokka first sees your ostrich he calls it a "bird-horse thingy". So for him that thing is more exotic than a normal horse.
Because he lived in the South Pole in a dying civilization

The bestiary nomenclature in Avatar is dumb. At least they lampooned it with the bear.

So, there were horses in the South Pole, but they disappeared? Or what? If the word "horse" is only used for the Ostrich horse, then how come he knows the word but not the animal?

>So, there were horses in the South Pole, but they disappeared? Or what?
No, he just never had seen the ostrich-horses because they're not native to the south pole

the south used arctic camels, like the article I linked says

>If the word "horse" is only used for the Ostrich horse, then how come he knows the word but not the animal?
same reason they knew of all the different variations of bears but not just "bear"

Both are stupid attitudes, though. Why would you choose to be stupid just because your opponents are?
If I want to create a fucking fantasy world I should be able to fill it with the races I want without catering to anyone. That includes making an all-white world.

Hackneyed writing?

..There was an anime a long time ago about a blonde guy going to another world and people treating him like some sort of God because of his hair color. Anyone knows the name?

Asian fantasy setting

>Airbenders - Tibetan
>Waterbenders - Inuit
>Earthbenders - Chinese
>Firebenders - Imperial Japan

This.
Incest for millennias does that to a population's hair color.

I thought it was supposed to make things crazy

see: dog breeding making all kinds of wackiness

Why does Ty Lee look so derpy?

?
Two Labradors will always make other Labradors.
Incest isn't dangerous or even 'bad', if we're talking about a couple generations. Just like with humans.
But a diverse gene pool is just as good for them as it is for us. Even better. Pure breeds generally don't last as long as crossbreds. They have higher chances of developing diverse degeneracies, diseases etc. All due to the ways we obtained said 'pure breeds'.
Humans work kind of the same way. But it's much harder to get that kind of sample, for obvious reasons.

She ate it