Biblical Cinematic Universe WHEN???

When are we getting that nice comfy christian cinematic universe that Mel dreamt in his wet dreams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m2bdy-ZFk5s
youtube.com/watch?v=OVRixfameGY
youtube.com/watch?v=7Tma_QZrwSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>posts absolutely heretical noah movie pic

didn't they do that in the 50s?

A Book of Job movie would be neato.

Mel is making a sequel to passion. And after that I want him to make a revelations movie that is just offensive to everyone else.

Noah was shit, and only retarded new age Protestants enjoyed it btw.

The bible has some of the greatest stories ever created.

Too bad studios are either too atheistic or too shallow.

King David biopic would be great. A movie about Saint Paul would be great too.

I hope he presents hell in an interesting way. I wasnt particuarly enthused with the glimpse we got in Passion.

Why did he add the devil character in Passion of the Christ?

Genesis- Sodom and Gomorrah movie when?

>tfw jesus duplicated bread and fish for the people
>jesus came up with successful cloning thousands of years ago, before any modern scientist
Atheists BTFO, will they ever recover?

Prequel to passion about the life of Jesus directed by zack Snyder

Based

LEVITICUS kino when? I must have all those delicious roastie tears.

>christian
>only (((old testament))) bullshit allowed all the time
>only time Gibson does the new one, all the (((establishment))) shits on it of course

mid-credit scene is a montage of lot going balls deep in his daughters

Being religious, I would pay to see this. But only if Mel directed it.

Isn't Marvel already the Jewish Cinematic Universe?

"add"?

Satan makes himself known to Jesus in the Bible multiple times... lol

You could make literally 100 movies based on the Bible, and we have two, maybe 3

Samson and Delilah?
Joseph, Prime Minister of Egypt?
Daniel: In the Furnace
Daniel II: President of Babylon
Daniel III: In the Lions Den
Walls of Jericho
Maccabbean Revolt
Lot in Sodom
The David Trilogy
The Judges Trilogy

All these would be okay with Jews too, so why aren't they made. Jews can even use this to brag on their own history, and Christians will eat it up too. So why isn't it made?

This scene freaked me the fuck out in the theater.

I want Mel to do a movie pn Constantine the Great, or better yet a Last Romans Trilogy:

>Constantine and the conversion to Christianity
>Julian the Apostate and the last gasp of the Greco-Roman Pantheon
>Justinian and Belisarius trying to restore Rome, ft. Saint Augustine

Keep a good mix of politics, war, and the early Christian Church and you've got one hell of a trilogy.

It works best as a scene in an Abraham epic, especially if done by someone of genuine faith. Audiences today would have a problem with an entire city being destroyed for a litany of sins that include being butthole ravaging fruits, and there isn’t a whole lot to work with beyond that. Modern audiences also wouldn’t understand Lot and his actions and it would be picked apart by the anti-religion vultures before it ever got to opening.

I just want to see Abraham plead for Sodom. I always liked that.

What did Sup Forums think of Book of Eli?

The reveal at the end was stupid, but I liked it. A little too violent, but it never reveled in it. Also God wouldn’t save a King James Bible.

Noah is too kino for Sup Forums

The problem is that modern audiences have been polluted by humanism (even christians). When Silence came out, everyone was so eager to accept that the priest should step on the image of Jesus.

In the book and the movie it is little more complex. A cock crows signalling his betrayal in allusion to Peters betrayal of Jesus. All these Japanese Christians were willing to die for their beliefs and the priest deluded himself out of it.

What would he save?

Capeshit has basically become the modern religion, with superheroes filling the role of the old pantheons. So it sadly makes sense that the next step would be to go back and capeshitify actual religion too.

And the thing is, I like movies like Prince of Egypt and Passion of the Christ, and I look forward to Mel's Passion sequel. But they have to be done right to not feel like consumerist cash-in garbage, and actually feel like they're made with reverence.

Greek New Testament or Septaguint. Torah too.

A vulgate.

Maybe those too.

the septuagint includes the kike's torah, fyi

Generic post-apoc movie where I'm led to believe that the most common book in the entire world has all traces of it vanished. Twist that Eli is blind was fucking retarded.

What would modern audiences think of this scene?

What's the best translation of the Bible so I can read some of the stories mentioned in this thread?

uh actually he didn't duplicate it he simply had his baskets never deplete even though they specified literal numbers and basically that means that hoarding and materialism and fiat currency aren't devilry like the actual living person christ would have you believe

If done right, would be a beautiful, tense scene of actual commitment to ones God. Unfortunately, modern liberals would fuck it up...

Dont listen to anyone; KJV is the best.

youtu.be/m2bdy-ZFk5s

Nah. It’s not. It’s not even close to the best.

Hopefully never if it includes this talentless cast again

What's the best then? And why?

>Christians think killing your son for God is beautiful
lol

Exodus would be legit. Moses vs the Pharoh, Moses going crazy in the desert with whiny plebs making an extra extravagant shrine only to leave it behind, the red sea, the eventual deus vult siege of cities. Would be kino if the right director got a hold of it.

It's only strength nowadays is the fact that many of our english idioms stem from KJV. But in terms of actually reading and understanding the bible, why the fuck would you choose the version written in the 16th century in an archaic dialect?

this movie was a fantastic bit of postapocalyptic sci fi
>inb4 fall from eden not the apocalypse

Literally already made. Go watch The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston

ynw have being of heaven appear before you and give you direct instructions from God. It was an act of faith which is why they intervened before it happened. God was testing him... I bet you think he actually killed his son huh.

>he thinks i believe any of this shit
haha

>1956
I think we're due for a modern version.

KJV is actually quite easy to understand once you master some of its grammar.

Just do a translation comparison of various verses and you will see the diffrence in how things are conveyed.

Its called faith for a reason. But when your an overweight atheist I can hardly expect you to understand anything other than the size of your BIG GULP and when the Mcrib is in at Mcdonalds.

Its called Exodus and they fucked it up.

Christkino is back on the menu bois

Robert Alter has a great series on the Old Testament with a lot of commentary and notes. It's very eye opening.

>Capeshit has basically become the modern religion, with superheroes filling the role of the old pantheons.
I'm afraid it has indeed. But like this user said that's just a new jewish one, with the outcast people (x-men) and chosen ones. They've all been created by jews anyway.

>modern version
Oh, so it can have marvel quips and shoehorned blacks in the cast? No thanks, the 1956 movie is just fine as it is.

Communism.

a movie about Paul seeing Jesus and then traveling across the ancient world spreading the gospel would be absolute kino.

Thanks I'll look into it.

nice strawman

what are you talking about have you never read the gospels?

>he thinks christians actually read the bible
lmao

Is everyone ready for Malicks Catholic kino?

> The Austrian Franz Jägerstätter, a conscientious objector, refuses to fight for the Nazis in World War II and is executed by them in 1943.
> When he heard of the faith of the Austrian priest Franz Reinisch, who had been executed for his refusal to take the Hitler oath, he was destined to go his way.

>malick
>catholic
you just have to watch tree of life to see it's fucking new age bullshit.

I thought this was pretty good.

more ww2 movies, just what we need

why are jewish fairy tales so stupid

lol

The vulgate uniroincally. Most complete and accurate translation of the Septaguint and Hebrew texts, but the only problem is you need to know Latin.

King James would be fine if not for a few iffy translations, and a couple of outright fucked sections like in the case of Luke 1:28. Also ripping out the books labeled Apocrypha fucks with the flow, my dood.

>muh nazis

How about a movie about the Ustashe? Za dom spremni.

What are some good bible resources? Video, essays and audio?

youtube.com/watch?v=OVRixfameGY

Pastor Greg Lorie has a good series on YouTube that covers all of the Bible and some other shit as well

I really enjoyed Testament The Bible in Animation
youtube.com/watch?v=7Tma_QZrwSk
The creation scenes were pure BIBLEKINO

>Moses does some majick
>AYOO HOL UP

> YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I

>Noah was shit
t. soygoy