David S. Goyer Could Potentially Direct ‘Green Lantern Corps’

heroichollywood.com/david-goyer-green-lantern-corps/

>“This one doesn’t have a director either, but it has a writer and it has a producer. I’m hearing David Goyer could very well wind up directing Green Lantern Corps himself. When you look at screenwriters that are taking the plunge and directing these movies themselves, we saw rumors last month that Simon Kinberg was going to direct the next X-Men movie. David Goyer is responsible for this entire DC Universe, he wrote Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He wrote Man of Steel, he is the architect, if you will. He is writing and producing Green Lantern Corps, so it’s just very well, what I have heard, one of those situations where he could be like “Listen, I think I may be the best guy for the job, nobody knows this like I do.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please, please don't. Zack and Nolan are the kino makers, Goyer is a freeloading shill.

Why do people just point blank HATE Goyer?
He has written good things. Even if you don't like MoS, he wrote (co-wrote?) the Dark Knight trilogy.

>inb4 the Dark Knight trilogy is bad
Yeah yeah, we know.

Don't forget the JSA.

He's responsible for some seriously bad comic books.

>Zack and Nolan are the kino makers

Even when it's clearly just bait, seeing Snyder's name there still makes me laugh.

Thanks user, I needed that.

Goyer is responsible for this getting into the film.
youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

I have his eternal thanks because of that.

But why?

He wasn't baiting, but he's probably a tourist/underage.

I think Snyder IS a good filmmaker though.
He has a distinctive style. Remember all those 300 copycat movies/movies that tried to make their fight scenes like 300?

Remember when half of Sup Forums was defending th promotion of this idiot?

When batman fans wer seaying Johns as a writer of batman would kill the movie?

When he shilled Cyborg so hard WB though they could give him a movie but then reality made them force him into the flash movie killing it too??

But sure, lets complain about Snyder and goyer

Paul Dini should be the one in Johns position in the DCEU desu

Only virgins hate him.

Geoff isn't the smartest bulb in the shed.
Nice guy though, and that counts for something. It shows in his comics at least.

He's hired as the "comic book guy", but has less knowledge and love for superheroes than your average fake geek, even the (amazing) Blade movies have very little to do with the source material, and in panels and such he's always shitting on the fandom he made a career out of peddling to Hollywood execs. That and he's just not good. The Dark Knight trilogy, and even MoS and BvS, those movies are good despite of the robotic, lifeless and often nonsensical script.

I was baiting. He isn't. And I remember The Matrix doing the slowdown "epic" fights way earlier, and way better.

Is too fucking early to say that he has hurted a single DC movie you tard.

DC is not rushing the Batman movie, that's all there is to it.

>Goyer directing
What could go wrong.

I liked RLM's view on this: the quality of movies Goyer writes is largely dependant on who directs them

>He wasn't baiting, but he's probably a tourist/underage.

Any compliment to Snyder is by definition bait.

>I think Snyder IS a good filmmaker though.
He has a distinctive style. Remember all those 300 copycat movies/movies that tried to make their fight scenes like 300?

Nope.

You're making the mistake of conflating an identifiable style with quality. Michael Bay also has a distinctive style to the point where it's probably correct to call him an auteur (don't take my word for it, Google it and you'll find lots of essays on this).

But auteur doesn't mean good, it just means the director has a distinctive style.

Snyder is simply garbage. This is just objectively true: he's never managed to achieve anything about mediocrity.

>and way better.
Rewatch the Matrix.
The wirework in the Matrix is very distracting compared to 300's uber-megastylized approach.

No, he's responsible for good comics. You're thinking of Guggenheim.

>But sure, lets complain about Snyder and goyer

We and all good people should always be complaining about them. Your first thought after waking and your last thought before sleep should be cursing them, and every moment in between.

He talked shit about Martian Manhunter and anyone who cares about him.

Like what?

>Is too fucking early to say that he has hurted a single DC movie you tard.

CYBORG and BATMAN, his script was shit, do i need to remind you he put parallax in the GL movie? He wanted a sinestro corps sequel to get those royalties

That's a hard no. Paul Dini literally only cares about Batman, and even then he does some gross shit with it. Like him, or jump-on-the-clueless-contrarian-bandwagon-despite-him-being-a-Sup Forums-favorite-before-you-Sup Forums-shitters-came-on-board, Geoff is a Waid level DC loremaster.

>Any compliment to Snyder is by definition bait.
>Snyder is simply garbage. This is just objectively true: he's never managed to achieve anything about mediocrity.
Wow. Well, I don't agree.
This absolute foaming at the mouth hatred of Snyder thing is fascinating to me.

Based Dini already gave WB the perfect template for decades of movies with the DCAU.

All they had to do was take that and adapt it to live action.

>He talked shit about Martian Manhunter

Yes, and Johns kicked him out of the JL in both movies and comics.

What's so contrarian about Dini's work?. I have read pretty much almost all of his DC work, and nothing came out as contrarian. You might be confusing him with Bruce Timm which is the contrarian one

Why do I always get the feeling that DCAU fanboys don't really like the comics as much as they worship the cartoon?

>Geoff is a Waid level DC loremaster.

Nope, he didnt knew shit about wondy

>Wow. Well, I don't agree.

That's the good thing about objective fact: you don't have to agree for it to remain true.

Check out the ratings on anything Snyder has ever done. It's just a simple truth that he can't achieve anything beyond mediocre, and that's AT BEST.

Yeah yeah, his JL sucked, please type more better.

I don't know, that sounds like a personal problem. Maybe your parents didn't give you enough affection when you were a baby?

>Is too fucking early to say that he has hurted a single DC movie you tard.
Cyborg is literally not happening anymore

You just have to ignore them, they're the original clueless MCU normies shitposting on Facebook about comics they have no intention to read.

m8
I don't even know hoe to try to respond to you. I want to try to ask if you're baiting or not, but I have a feeling you're not, so then there are other things I want to ask...
I don't get it.
I don't get you.

Johns is also fucking mediocre at comics level. Let's forget about his movie scripts.

They will stay as long as we share the board with cartoonfags.

What's the point of jumping right to extreme hostility?

Okay, but I doubt he called his fans virgins. That was just gratuitous and petty. You can hate both Johns and Goyer, you know.

Sitting out of Geoff's JL was a blessing, this is like bitching about Hickman writing the FF out of current Marvel. And MM got a bigger role playing leader to Stormwatch, JLA and JLU than he would in the customary monitor duty lifeless couch potato (now Cyborg). Nevermind the pretty fun solos.

>I don't even know hoe to try to respond to you.

That's okay, I know this can't be easy for you, so I'll help out:

1. Apologize for being wrong, sincerely and from the heart.

2. Find some time when you can sit and be alone with your thoughts. Then look inside yourself, and really think about where you went wrong.

3. When you finally understand your error, come back to Sup Forums and make a post explaining your journey.

That's the best way to respond. You're welcome. Each of us has a sacred moral duty to reject Snyder's evil, but I understand that it can be harder for some so I would never criticize you or anyone for being slow to it. There's always a helping hand.

If trusty Cereal Lord is mediocre, you just have to drop monthly superhero books, there's absolutely no shame in that.

His JSA run, AKA "That time Alan took his title a little too literally"

At least they have more ground to stand on than EMHfags.

This is what I mean.
You're either an obvious troll, or a socially inept autist on the level of the guy who spergs out about muh casuals muh barrier of entry muh elitism.

It's sad that Sup Forums is home to such deranged retards that I even have to entertain this.

I hate Snyder's direction but a consensus of opinions isn't a hard fact.

I do, i just find pretty hypocritical to hate and and defend the other.

Then type it out, he literally did. Also said She-Hulk was a boring character made to be a cumdupster to Hulk, he's asinine.

COUNT
DOWN
The Alex Ross one-shots are terrible too, casuals should stop obsessing over that middle aged cosplay weekend painter.

Nah man, Snyder is just that bad.

If I can go a step further, you know how Morrison has said he created a "fiction suit" so he can enter and interact with the fictional comics world? And the world of fiction is just as real as ours?

I think he's right, but that it goes both ways. The fiction world can come into ours. And Snyder is, literally, Darkseid manifest in our world.

Darkseid realized that in the fictional world he could never win because of the constraints of the narrative. So he came to our world where he could kill the very idea of the heroes he fights by destroying them as concepts, draining them of hope or joy and rendering them as broken and monstrous as he is.

I was talking about Johns in comparison to Goyer. I know Goyer is a stupid asshole.

>And Snyder is, literally, Darkseid manifest in our world.
Oh my god guy, give it a rest.

Maybe Goyer just really wants to fuck his cousin and is projecting with She-Hulk and Hulk.

>So he came to our world where he could kill the very idea of the heroes he fights by destroying them as concepts, draining them of hope or joy and rendering them as broken and monstrous as he is.

You are such a not muh faggot.

BvS supeman is heroic and human as fuck

Okay. My original post was replying to why Goyer was hated, you're the one who brought up Johns.

You dumb nigger, you're not supposed to engage with OCD types who can't break character like this idiot.

Geoff is literally perfect, he might have shit up JL, but he made my lifelong boy Aquaman into a B+ seller respected by casuals, wrapped up one of the GOAT pure heroic runs in GL, and you will never convince me these Geoff haters aren't memeing or clueless.

That's not exactly a novel idea/comparison user, people have been memeing that for years.

No, my friend, neither I nor any good person could or should "give it a rest":

>Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

> John Stuart Mill, in an address at the University of St. Andrew (1 February 1867)

Please don't lose heart so easily. Never stop.

He is jewish. But I think it's more likely he never read a She-Hulk comic, and has no knowledge of the character besides her name and maybe outfit.

I didn't say its was my idea. What's right is right.

>Please don't lose heart so easily. Never stop.
Look I don't feel like playing this game, so can you just tell me if you're talking like that just to play your character, or if this is REALLY you.

I don't give a shit about Snyder, but you creep me out. You seem very disconnected from reality.

Not until after he leads the animated movie line into a rebirth.

Goyer can be good when he works with others. Not so much when he works by himself.

You're right and that's why I liked BvS more than MoS. Terrio's influence.

>Green Lantern Corps

>I don't give a shit about Snyder, but you creep me out.

Then why are you so slavishly devoted to him?

>goyer
why make it at all?
its gonna suck

Why do people try to bring people down on one statement about one thing?
He worked on JSA and Blade. He obviously is fine with going full comic book.

He has written a lot more shit than he has written good stuff (that were largely helped by someone else)

And when he directs what he writes you get stuff like Blade 3

Ah yes, the guy calling all the shots made the decision to let his own script get a complete rewrite.
Between the people who have taken credit for some of the decisions that people have been divisive over and what has happened since Johns "promotion" there has been nothing concretely detailed that indicates Johns being anything other than an idea guy who doesn't look to have any actual authority.

I think it's Nolan who ultimately ruined the dialogue in the Batman films. He's a talented director but he should not be allowed within a mile of a script

I'm not. I just like his style and his films.
I am however fascinated by this extremely over the top intense vitriolic burning hatred for the guy.

Blade was nothing like the comic. For the better sure, but let's not pretend otherwise.
I kinda have to wonder how much of the Blade goofiness is intentional vs goofy shit that Goyer and the director legit thought was cool.

Well, you can say that, but I felt the similar stlye of awkward dialogue carried over to MoS as well. In that regard there is only one least common denominator when it comes to the dialogue of all 4 movies.

>Blade was nothing like the comic.
I didn't mean to say that it was. I just meant that it wasn't realistic.

The Blade movies have literally jackshit to do with the Blade comic books before it. It's a case of Bendis GotG. And in JSA he was co-writing (doing jackshit) with actual JSA fans in Robinson and Geoff.

Goyer can't write dialogue by his own admission though (source: Blade commentary).

see
Jesus, I thought I was being clear.

I just saw that now, dipshit. Being goofy 10+ after release doesn't make it "comic book", David S Goyer no self awareness in his raped mom subplot and the boring main plots of these movies, and all the good one liners were improvised by the notoriously belligerent Wesley Snipes, who is quite literally motherfucking Blade.

DIRECT? I thought he was a writer! Get a good funny guy like Nolan and we can have another good movie like Dark Knight. The dialogue jokes combined with visual jokes in that film were great! Too bad about Batman and Joker though.

I notice a common theme in arguments about hte merits of creators where when people point out good things about a work by the person the other user doesn't like, the other user tries to say "well that wasn't good because of him/that was good in spite of him".

See: The memes about Lucas not being the reason the original Star Wars is good (muh saved in editing, muh Gary Kurtz)

These arguments never really ring true after I bothered to read about what really was going on during the making of Star Wars and found out that Lucas himself was the one who decided the edit was too "classic" (and he wanted a faster pace), and brought in new people to help cut WITH him.

I know I went off n a tangent, but my point is that I think arguments like that aren't born from the truth, but from a place of preconceived dislike.

>Geoff is a Waid level DC loremaster.

This makes me wish Greg Weisman was also involved in the movies instead of being wasted on YJ.

And you have a preconceived dislike of these kinds of arguments, making you believe there's no such thing as a leech or freeloader, there's only one conclusion if you analyze Goyer's history, behavior and skillset.

Snyder is basically the Trump of movies.

>Greg Weisman
So it'd just get cancelled with no resolution? I guess that's not so bad, given our option.

what level of irony are you operating on
Tell me before I give you a response.

Uh, none. I just mean that certain people have this weird, irrational hatred of him and think he's always wrong no matter what.

I don't read a lot of monthly superhero books anyway. The last time they were good was when I was a kid.
But Johns won't be anywhere near my list of top 10 cape writers.

YOU'LL NEVER FIND THE ANTI-HYPE EQUATION, DARKSEID!

makes sense

That's fine.

>Goyer in charge of anything but copy pasting panels from the comic books

D E A D M O V I E

Lantern movie would be great, as would Suicide Squad 2 by Mel Gibson. Personally I would have liked a Captain Marvel movie, especially set in another universe. Would be a great setup for a Crisis movie and easing people into multiple universes.

Bro, where have you been? The Weisman Curse is no more.

If they would have just made First Flight into a live action they wouldn't ahve these problems now

Should GL be more serious or lighthearted? Should Aquaman?

At this point it doesn't even matter.

Aquaman should be completely serious with juuuust enough self-awareness to keep itself in check. Like that Hercules movie with the Rock.

Better, hopefully, by tonally similar.

I'm in the minority here, but I want ultra seroius like BvS.

We've had SO MANY campy Batman and Superman movies, and the one GL movie we had was quipy as fuck.

James Wan should go full eldritch horror for Aquaman.