You must pitch a 30 minute animated children's show starring a Roman legionary. What do you do?

You must pitch a 30 minute animated children's show starring a Roman legionary. What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tWEeb0nEFok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Run away.

Rip off some popular sci-fi setting and story but have the main character be a Roman legionary.

>Roman Legionary
>No shield
>Fucking bronze breastplate
Put on some Lorica you fucking Goth.

Asterix and Obelix contre Cesar
Cesar is an imperialistic douche as usual.
Asterix and Obelix keking on Cesar every episode.

Make it like reverse-Asterix, about the adventures of Legionary Snafus, who always seems to "volunteer" for the most dangerous missions deep in barbaric lands.

Reboot Asterix.

I remember reading like a greek/roman YA detective book. Something there, historical detectives are always popular.

/his/ please

Set on Fallout post apoc world, a soldier in the Ceasar's Legion gets lost on the Wasteland.

An 80's style bowling cartoon starring Roman, everyone's favorite Bowling Star.

Yes.

Thats a lorica musculata you dumb pleb

Triremes. Barbarians. Persian heavy cavalry. Horse archers. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Huns attacked. Only the Consular Tribune, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he resigned. A hundred years passed and my frater and I discovered the new Consular Tribune, a Praetor named Aangus. And although his commanding skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to conquer anyone. But I believe Aangus can conquer the Oecumene.

Make a child friendly SCP show with SCP-1510 as the protagonist, (starring SCP-076 from the MTF Omega 7 - "Pandora's Box" series)

Marcvs is a 25 year old Tesserarius that is in change of a century was building the via aqua when a tribe of spirits attacked them and he lost most of his century and were transported to the aether, now he accounts the adventures of his 3 tents of men fighting demons, spirits and themselves. Hilarity ensured when marcvs reveals that he was already dead.

samurai jack but with legionaries

Kinda like that. Remember GATE and how shit it was? Kinda like that setting but made better.
A setting like this with a nonRoman gorilla fighting with the advanced enemy and reacting to all that cool new shit

An Alix adaptation.

Maybe something about the Legionary being sent to different regions all over the empire and keep running into the local mythological creatures and figures that either interfere with his goals, or drag him into some conflict or adventure.
Hilarity ensues and when reports to his superiors no one ever believes him.

Punic wars.

As the Romans do.

Will he get aided by Carlos?

stay with me here

Warriors from all over history are taken from their time line and work together to fight evil or something

For Honor the cartoon?

I'd watch it

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST!

Series finale: Teutoburg forest

Like Predators where they were hunted or with another goal?

Isn't that just Drifters?

Drifters is slow shit though

go with a new vegas angle and basically just recite everything i remember about the legion

i mean im assuming i dont have any prep time here

I make a "Romans did nothing wrong" Asterix cartoon.

Nah. [Spoiler]Edessa.[/spoiler]

A 3D animated series with a monster/problem of the week nature. The main cast will be sailing to discover new lands only to get cast away, gaining new friends on the way.
>hot head sailor bro
>young and curious astronomer
>wise legionary vet
>(later added) Persian trader who helps them with the occasional language or culture barrier

The astronomer will start each episode with a puzzle that will be solved by the end, being simple enough that many children could solve it with him.
Legionary and Persian will be at ends with each other but bond over shared goals such as helping the sailor learn and the astronomer become brave.
End goal is to teach kids: Self improvement, problem solving, acceptance, and teamwork.

The 3D models will be cell-shaded and styled like the art on Roman pots. This way after the inevitable end (2 seasons?) the models can be continued into a series of puzzle-adventure videogames.

I'd just make Up Pompeii! but with more violence and less sex.

I'd keep the asides, give the legionary a wisecracking slave.

I just wanted you to know that I appreciated the effort you put into this post

Endgame is China, right?

this

Imagine an epic saga about the three wars filled with Senatorial and international intrigue, crazy battles at land and sea against Carthage itself and the Illyrians, Cisalpine Gauls and rebel Italian states, and absolute fucking badasses like Fabius, Hanno, Hasdrubal, Paulus, Cato the elder, and Hannibal and Scipio themselves showing up, culminating with the final downfall of Carthage, the war against Phillip of Macedon kicking off and the seeds of Rome's decadence taking root as endless rows of slaves are brought to serve the rich and the lower Romans class of farmers and land owning citizens come back from war to become destitute paupers in the cities, all seen from Polybius' point of view.

later you could adapt the Jugurthine/Cimbrian wars, the servile war, and the Social war, all leading up to the civil war between Marius and Sulla and demonstrating why that was the real point in which Rome's Republic died from it's own inadequacy, corruption and entrenched interests incompatible with the needs of the people, and an authoritarian Empire rose.

it would have to be animated to play up mythological imagery to contextualize the world view of the time, look very dark and gloomy at times, with special attention put towards the somewhat ritualized nature of warfare and superstition, and to give the events transcurring a feeling of historical impact.

also it would need a pants-shittingly intense soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=tWEeb0nEFok

But Alix is a Gaul

M.A.S.H but with Roman legionary fighting against time-traveling scots.

Samurai Jack like premise where the soldier is lost, not necessarily in time but he is wandering aimlessly looking for home.

Starting two ex-legionnaires in early medieval times who are absolute bros wandering from town to town looking for money/women in a Road to El Dorado like daze. Getting caught up all sorts of wacky shit, like sea serpants, viking warriors, and also old Roman demigods, lost and confused without a folloeing or purpose.

Height of the Roman Empire
Legionnaire Longinus is sent all across the Empire to sort out weird shit, bringing a few trusted companions along with him on his travels.
Goes to Britannia and sorts out some shit at Stone Henge, goes to Egypt to fuck about in the pyramids etc. etc.
Hidden behind the mystery plotlines you'll have a story about how all these people from across the empire can find common ground, with Longinus' mates being picked up here and there.
Eventually, when you run out of ancient mysteries and wonders for them to explore within the Roman Empire they get a mission to scout outside the borders of the Empire, or they just get blown away in a storm and end up in the Americas or some shit. This serves to up the ante since now they no longer have the Roman infrastructure to take care of them while solving the mysteries but must rely on either themselves or on making new friends wherever they end up.

I like it.

>/his/
>anything but a christcuck circlejerk

Season 1 would end in China as a home-away-from-home until ratings come in.
A videogame would be released after the Season 1 to introduce new items and characters that might be carried over.

Season 2 will have the cast learn about the Chinese trading with “red haired men”, Legionary will mention that red heads live across the Alps. The way home will be made clear.
>Nordic/Germanic overarching villain (made temporary ally in last few episodes)

so you want the story of the lost legion/lejiun

bump

Samurai Jack but europe

Rape of the Sabine Women. Except they're all children.

Punic Wars. Roman Legionaires going at it against Carthage armies. Lot's of PUNs allowed.

>"ALPHA, RITA'S ESCAPED"
>"RECRUIT A TEAM OF HISTORICAL WARRIORS WITH HONOR"
>the roman legionary protagonist
>samurai
>fucking viking
>aztec warrior
>female spanish pirate or whatever