Is it bad that I have been reading DC for 15~ years and have never heard of El Diablo or Slipknot (that I remember...

Is it bad that I have been reading DC for 15~ years and have never heard of El Diablo or Slipknot (that I remember anyway)?

I mean, i'm sure they made brief appearances in Infinite Crisis/COIE, but I've never read a book where they had dialogue that I can recall.

If you can, try and get the box with the ACADEMY AWARD WINNING blurb on it.

If there is one.

None of them appeared in Infinite Crisis or COIE.

In fact, this version of El Diablo was created after these two events.

fuck off retard
This is a thread about comics. Go play in Sup Forums or something.

bump

Slipknot is shit. Their music is terrible.

God damn it. Why is Sup Forums filled with so many fucking tourists?

Thanks for knowing about comics.

bump

niggers

I only knew who Slipknot was because I had read Ostrander's Suicide Squad a few years back and then again when the movie forced DC to reprint the run in collected editions, I need to see if Vol 5 is out actually. I was pleased to see him get taken out in the movie pretty much the same way he was in the comics. What I wasn't thrilled about was the addition of Katana over Dutchess, feels like they really missed an opportunity to have more than just batman link their films together.

Slipknot was a pretty minor villain who was also the first person to actually test the Suicide Squad's Loss-prevention bracelets.

Duchess was fucking awesome, it's too bad she eventually goes back to being Lashina

Lazarus Lane/ El Diablo was in this movie?
I didn't think it was a western?

That would have been such a perfect fucking hook for Justice League and a set up for a Suicide Squad 2 or even 3, it would have also provided the audience to get to know a character who would later get into brawls with wonder woman.

Not to mention the pairing of her and Flagg in the movie would have made far more sense.

Slipknot is a Firestorm villain. Firestorm rogues popped up often in SS books because Ostrander wrote both books at the time.

Happy to oblige.

The only bad thing is that you have been reading DC for 15 years.

Not that reading Marvel would be better.

Dave Sim please just go.

Well El Diablo was in the most recent run of Suicide Squad, so you haven't read any suicide squad in the 2010s.
And Slipknot is Z list, literally used to be shown the bombs are for real I'm the Ostrander run, which means you haven't read any Suicide Squad stories at all possibly.

>which means you haven't read any Suicide Squad stories at all possibly.
Yes, i'm ashamed to say. I started out as an event comic pleb (with other team books on the side)., but I got really into DC when I read Final Crisis, and now i've read all of Morrison's stuff.
Tons of other stuff too of course, like Young Justice (PAD) John's GL, Every well known Batman story and some not so well known ones, Most of the post Morrison JL, lots of various other DC books like WillWorld, Emperor Joker, One Million, Robin etc...

I'd heard good things but SS never really caught my eye. They only Ostrander stuff i've read is his Star Wars stuff, which is great.

I've been reading comics for for over 15 years and i have no idea what mr sinister's powers are

Ostrander's SS is arguably one of the best cape comic runs I've ever read. I'd definitely recommend reading it all.

Really I haven't read an Ostrander book I didn't like, be it Suicide Squad, GrimJack, or Spectre.

I'd say find his old run and give it a look. I know for sure they reprinted at least 2 trades worth of his SuicideSquad run.

He's a space dracula that has orichimaru powers and is obsessed with the summers family. I'm pretty sure I've seen him shoot a laser out of that diamond on his forehead though.

Forgot to mention I have the entire Shade comic by Milligan in floppies. Good but overrated.

I'll get on it the next time I have fun money. Thanks m8s.

bump

it's like we live in hawaii

Slipknot was introduced in the original Suicide Squad comic and killed off in like the first or second comic in almost exactly the same way.

Why does this happen.

had to wiki it because even though i've read stories with him all i knew was he likes to clone jean and was bulletproof or some shit.

Master manipulator and planner
Superhuman strength and durability
Genius-level intellect
Regenerative healing factor
Telepathy
Molecular manipulation
Shapeshifting
Virtual immunity to injury
Energy projection via telekinesis
Teleportation via tesseract headquarters
Prolonged longevity

to be fair Arkham City while overrated is still a good game

SS is worthless

>SS is worthless
Source?

Talking about comics on Sup Forums.
I remember.

no

slipknot was a small time Firestorm villain from like the 70s-80s

there's been like multiple characters called Diablo

Now post the Ham City version.

Back when the casting was announced, I scanned the Skwad for which one would inevitably be the sacrificial lamb to show that Waller was serious. I figured it'd be mister armpits here. No fans, expendable, the kind of idiot who'd mouth off and get his head blown up.

And sure enough...

>No fans
I live and breathe Slipknot you slime.

That's a shop.

That's... sad.

>it's a bluff, like Boomer said

Wow, that's exactly what happened in the movie.
I really don't get the people who say that the DCEU hates the comics.

Nah, just Goyer.

Snyder and Ayer are legit fans, though Snyder is an idiot and Ayer got fucked but the studio. Goyer has open contempt for comics as a medium (which is odd, given that he's written a few) and stated in an interview that anyone who knows who Martian Manhunter is must be a basement-dwelling virgin.

bane

So how is the extended cut of the movie?

Not that different. It does make the Joker/Harley relationship a bit more one sided like the comics though.
And there are a few more character interaction scenes spread throughout the movie.

It's the better cut, even if you liked the original.

Don't be ashamed. Everyone has to start somewhere and no one can read ALL the comics.

This might not be the one. I'd play a game called Batman: Ham City though.

Slipknot better come back in the Blackest Night movie as a Black Lantern. He should be the strongest!

Is it sad that the thing most offputting to me is the Game for Windows Live tag?

Katanna is actually a replacement for Vixen, in terms of the token 100% hero tag-along for the movie SS. Just like how Harley Quinn ended up replacing Nightshade and El Diablo=Bronze Tiger

>I need to see if Vol 5 is out actually
Pretty sure I saw it and maybe even six at Barnes & Noble a couple weeks back.

>stated in an interview that anyone who knows who Martian Manhunter is must be a basement-dwelling virgin.
Well since he knew who Martian Manhunter is then...

Fuuuuuuuuuuu- Thank you, I need to get those for my shelf.

T H E
M A N
C A N
C L I M B
A N Y T H I N G