Starship Troopers

Donnie Darko

Fucking this.

Fight Club

deadpool

watchmen

>t. brainlet
Evangelion is 100% earnest homage

How did it satirize the genre? Give me examples.

Maybe not exactly what OP is asking for, but I think the Austin Powers series was a major reason the Bond series has gone gritty/Bourne style

Scream

Cabin In The Woods

OP's use of "satirize" is probably a little inaccurate, but Leone's spaghetti westerns were designed to be sort-of deconstructions of the western genre, which at the time were all wide-eyed idealistic movies about the valiant hero and all that. Just compare Leone's movies to the American ones from the 1950s and you'll see what I mean

Not a movie but seinfeld

More like Bourne is the reason Bond went Bourne.

It's both but I think some of the people running the Bond franchise have said that Austin Powers had a lot to do with it

Not a movie but The Simpsons

Blair Witch

Try watching Austin Powers now and it seems so dated. It's basically unwatchable

other than Leone himself saying that's what it was?
you wouldn't really understand if you haven't seen any other western made before it. it was a breakdown of the idea that there were clear cut "good" and "bad" guys in the old west and a more realistic than romantic depiction of the west.
so you think Austin Powers is what changed the spy genre to move away from campy action? that's an interesting idea.

So? It still answers OP's question

>Just compare Leone's movies to the American ones from the 1950s and you'll see what I mean
>dude there was never a western with a bad protagonist before leone!
Your pleb is showing

Black Dynamite

>want to make conversation on Sup Forums
>get batted away like a mosquito

There, there, sport. We meant no offense. Here have a drink on me.

I'm sorry bro, I thought you were telling me I'm wrong which I obviously could never allow

no

i'll just move on

Daniel Craig pretty much admitted that in an interview that Austin powers permanently changed the bond formula
>"We had to destroy the myth because [the Austin Powers movies] fucked us,” Craig said. “I am a huge Mike Myers fan, so don’t get me wrong, but he kind of fucked us, made it impossible to do the gags.”

what genre? sci fi? not really genre defining

Not sure if it counts but pretty much every time Hans Zimmer is the conductor for a massive motion picture, all other directors get their conductors to copy that film

Vera Cruz (1954) is an obvious influence on the Dollars trilogy.

Lol your pretentious is showing my dude. Nobody said there weren't westerns like that. Hell, even Searchers (arguably the best and most well known western) has a sort of anti-heroical protagonist. The point is that Leone was an outsider who did it his own way and with a clear intention to "deconstruct" the genre who somehow managed to make his Dollars Trilogy THE movies people think of when Westerns are mentioned

>makes an anime about «stop whining being a beta otaku living in your anime bubble and grow upto face reality, things aren’t that bad»
>otaku nerds enclose themselve in the otaku anime bubble evangelion created

SHREK

>le anno made Evangelion as a critique of otakus meme
Where do people keep getting this idea?

2001: A Space Odissey - not really satire, more of a "look how it's done, plebs", that changed sci-fi forever
Goodfellas - a more realistic portrayal of the mafia, contradicting The Godfather romanticized view
The Big Lebowski - satire of noir movies, that wound up influencing every stoner comedy since

No, millennials think the dollars trilogy for westerns because they don't take themselves seriously and are about narcissism which is the biggest personality trait for millennials. They are also edited for degraded millennial attention spans.

>dude old Hollywood westerns are boring lmao

None of his movies are a deconstruction of the genre though. Defying a few of the conventions of typical westerns doesn't make them a deconstruction or even satire

>defining anything
It was the usual crap you get from Whedon

2001 is shit compared to metropolis and woman in the moon

Cabin in the Woods does it really obviously. It makes fun of horror movie tropes by having an underground group basically inserting the dumb tropes into the narrative. They talk about how they have to throw some sex in, how the people have to DESERVE to die, how the main female can sometimes survive, etc. In doing so, they highlight how unnatural a lot of the tropes are in any story.

ding ding ding

>edited for degraded millennial attention spans
TGTBTU is slower than most classic westerns

Watchmen. Thank you Zaddy

"no"

Team America

what the fuck is a conductor

Idk, where does the starship trooper is a critique of fascism meme come from ?

It’s fucking obvious and written all over it, retard

It's easier to say "we had to go gritty because camp didn't work anymore" then it is to say "we're trying to cash in on the Bourne movies because they're popular at the moment"

t. brainlet american

Cannibal Holocaust was made as a grotesque criticism of exploitation films and a self damnation of the director/filmmakers/humans in general need to be disgusted and satisfied by violence at the same time but has come to be the favorite example of schlock shock movies and hard gore, both by people unironically loving it for the wrong reasons and people hating it because they misunderstand it.

>It’s fucking obvious and written all over it, retard
You realise the subject matter of Evangelion is a reflection of Anno's state of mind during the creation process, right? It's well documented that he was deeply depressed and manic throughout the production of the series. The argument that the show is a jab otaku culture is pretty weak and pretty much the only scene that backs it up is the hospital scene in EoE. It's common knowledge among fans that Anno's state of mind lead to the prevalent themes of depression and isolation. Otaku culture has literally nothing to do with it

No, redditors like it specifically because the pacing is fast and has "muh epic music" playing every couple minutes.

Watch 50 1930s westerns before you pretend to know what you're talking about

Good bad and ugly is nothing compared to the treasure of Sierra Madre in terms of darkness

The searchers was pretty depressing too

High noon was also depressing as fuck and that's a classic Western it even stars Lee van cleef

He's right though, Leone's westerns border on tongue-in-cheekness. It's over the top and campy for a reason

uh-oh, reddit's coming for you

>It's over the top and campy for a reason
To make it shit?

>even stars Lee van cleef
It doesn't

>It's campy

Wtf, no they aren't

What are we defining as satire? Most of the films posted in here aren't satire

>pls take muh goofy faces srsly

GBU is still a great movie I just don't think it's a "epic deconstruction' of Westerns

He was modest in the campiness, which I like. He still wanted to make a good movie but at the same time give that satirical edge. They're true masterpieces. Even the humour is great. Like that half-shave in AFDM and Tucos QUIPS in TGTBTU "If you're gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk" (an example of direct, spoken satire of the western genre)

A minor role. He's one of the goons waiting at the train station

>you wouldn't really understand if you haven't seen any other western made before it. it was a breakdown of the idea that there were clear cut "good" and "bad" guys in the old west and a more realistic than romantic depiction of the west.
what an illiterate post. in commieghetti-westerns we literally have gunslingers repeatedly shoot hats off people's heads, pistols out of hands and other capeshit-tier junk. give me an average anthony mann or budd boetticher flick over the best leone any day in week.

That's a great fucking scene

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2gKcLkygI

You can fuck right off

>QUIPS
cancer

corny schlock

the guy wielding the baton in front of an orchestra.
doubt hans zimmer can do it.

Black Dynamite
Commando

It's a joke you twat

>in commieghetti-westerns we literally have gunslingers repeatedly shoot hats off people's heads, pistols out of hands and other capeshit-tier junk
Vera Cruz did it first in the scene with the shooting demonstration for the Mexican emperor.

there seems to be some knowledgable anons, so i want to ask y'all, is this a good chart? does this roughly encompass the genre? or is it missing some important ones (if so, what?)

these are the only correct ones

and while I think spaghetti westerns are almost a different genre than standard westerns, not really satire

pic-related used to be one of my favorite westerns until i learned the product as we know it barely has anything to do with john ford, the studio boss literally hired another director and editor to alter the movie. ford almost disowned it but ultimately didn't because of that sweet credit shekel.

>give me an average anthony mann or budd boetticher flick over the best leone any day in week.
Thank god someone with taste.

>Hurr fuck drama

Then why even bother making a movie?

ding ding ding

I'll also suggest The Wild Bunch

John Ford was always a hollyjew hound, but it's still a good movie

>I liked it until I found out I wasn't supposed to

Jesus Christ

>drama
read you illiterate bumfuck

>Dollars Trilogy
>edited for millenial attention spans
They came out in 1966 you absolute fucking idiot

You're just calling a dramatic scene "corny" because you have no actual criticism.

i don't see the naked spur and the man from laramie in there. best way to do it:
>stagecoach (literally set the tone for decades to come)
>the cavalry trilogy
>the searchers & liberty valance
>3-4 movies from the james stewart/anthony mann collaboration
>2-3 budd boetticher flicks
>shane
>high noon
>howard hawks' films: red river, rio bravo, el dorado
>the rest as you wish

>I don't know what post-classical editing is
t. brainlet

WRONG they only get better with age faggot

making a goofy face every couple seconds isn't very dramatic, kid

And compare the pacing to High Noon, which runs almost in real time. No dramatic pauses there, the train arrives at noon and the main character has no time to waste.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Gremlins

>every western is high noon
watch more westerns faggot

Shaun of the dead
Best zombie movie of all time

You must be autistic and incapable of reading emotion if you think every look in that scene was "le goofy face XD"

Not even the best zombie comedy.

b8