K I N O

K I N O

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_resistance_to_Nazism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bamp

Extended cut was a straight 8/10, also top tier Achilles haircut

Moview soyboys will never understand?

I love this quote. There's truth it and it tells you everything you need to know about Achilles

We can use a strong trips like yours

H E C T O R
E
C
T
O
R

He's the biggest guy I have ever seen

Man I would have loved a Sean Bean Odyssey

BLOATED

Valkyrie was surprisingly good. Had no idea that it was all a true story too.

why do we never get nice things

It's actually pretty accurate as far as historical films go too.

based cruise looked just like him too

underrated film. i think nat geo or history channel did a mini documentary about it. hitler and his inner circle barely survived on pure dumb luck

crazy how history has all sorts of shit like that

Yeah, it's been a long time since I've looked into the film and the real history, but I remember it was one of the most accurate movies based on real events I've seen. Whereas some movies completely alter events or make them up, this movie's artistic license was stuff like just not giving you the whole picture.

They didn't really describe the kind of government they wanted to replace the Nazis with, which wasn't all that much different I think. It definitely wouldn't have been democratic, and that detail would have made Americans identify with the protagonists slightly less. Like....that's it...

Pitt was really bad in this.

>54% on RT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they were mostly german hardliners and nationalists but traditionalists in their ways

they didn't like how the nazi's just kinda of ran shit as some crazy shit with the gestapo, etc

they most likely would have wanted peace at least on the eastern front because they knew they'd be BTFO by the soviets

>Helen of Troy
>Cast a blonde German

iirc they were mostly traditional prussian aristocrats or officers from the pre-nazi era too, right?

>war was over greeks and Trojans fighting over the only white woman in the world
makes sense.

I miss these historic epics that feature big battles. 300, Kingdom of Heaven, Red Cliff, LOTR (fantasy but still), etc.

Greek Mythology Cinematic Universe when?

eh that Crowe Robin Hood really is nothing special

i think so, i can't remember, it's been a while. they still wanted to annex shit, so they didn't want full peace but the military guys aren't idiots and knew 2 front war would be suicide

we almost got it with clash/wrath of the titans

Imagine if Brett Ratner's Hercules was just the 12 Labors of Hercules, played straight?

She was supposed to be the most beautiful woman int he world, so it makes sense.

This is more to your liking?

post the bane version

Ethnic Ancient Greeks are pretty hard to pin down, while they're certainly not blonde Scandinavian, there is evidence that the hair color existed and there was some allure to it. Brown/Blonde hair was similar to red hair for us today.

>Valkyrie
Kino, no idea why everybody hates it

>pure dumb luck
You should read up on how Archduke Ferdinand actually got killed.

She was perfect looking

What's the context

Talk about ending up outside the wrong bar.

Quite a "meta", 4th wall breaking casting of Brad Pitt into the role of Achilles.

Reminds me of Brad Pitt's casting as Jesse James too, it was 4th walll breaking too in a sense..

His best role was probably Jesse James or Father in Tree of Life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_resistance_to_Nazism

Extended cut removed the great vocal score that was pretty much the only thing making the movie great.

that i do know

the driver was retarded
the assassins' were retarded and lucky and the stupid shitty ww1 grenadeds

I was thinking this way back in 2004, good things never come

is that a boy or a girl?
either way I'd fug

>Helen not listed
Your rabble-rousing had one job

what do you mean

>mostly traditional prussian aristocrats
Yeah most of the middle-ranks of the Wehrmacht were made up of them (Junkers). They were pissed at the regime because it eroded a lot of their nobility privileges, and they were pissed at Hitler specifically because being Prussian they all came from military backgrounds, and knew his strategy was garbage, while any who spoke up got shit on even further. They weren't Doves by any means but they were definitely against the current war, most of them didn't give a shit about Nazi ideology either (a good half of them came from estates populated by mostly Slavic peasants, they had no reason to hate them anymore than Germans).

To think Europe used to be dominated by red headed celts throughout the lands. Sens shivers down my spine.

This is is literally

Kid: “he’s a big guy”
Brad: For U!

It's been a while since I saw Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford, but the themes were fame and defame, famous person and unknown persons. Narration / story set up Jesse as a handsome, famous, rebellious man that other men envied, much like Pitt (handsome, famous, envied/men want to be him).

and it's been even longer while since I saw Troy, but I think part of the same 4th wall breaking casting applies.

that's not 4th wall breaking that's just good casting

well somewhat good casting, actors can possess rare necessary qualities to play certain characters while still not actually being great actors

remember this *unzips dick*

This is the kind of ambition and heroism that capitalism has replaced with profit. Most Western men exist entirely within the economic realm - profit is our purpose, profit is our raison d'être, and profit defines morality and virtue. What is moral? Whatever is profitable. What men can we look to as exemplars of virtue? Men with wealth. What is worth preserving? Whatever is profitable. Profit defines all senses of "worth." Anything that does not directly contribute to profit is seen as a waste of time and is attacked as a mortal sin.

Achilles did not fight in the Trojan War or slay Hector for profit. He was no mercenary. In our modern environment, Achilles would be disregarded as a suicidal fool with antiquated ideals and the mercenary would be seen as the virtuous hero, the industrious and hardworking paragon of what it means to live a full life of true meaning.

I'm not a communist, I am more complaining about the consumerist attitude that capitalism promotes than I am about capitalism itself. A modern person cannot live according to the ambitions of Achilles without insincerely translating them into economic terms, losing the true meaning and value of those ambitions in translation.

Shit sucks but at least I have air conditioning I guess.

I think his casting as JJ is meta-casting, but we can agree to disagree.

valkyrie is unironically Cruise's best film.

Minority Report

Collateral, actually

The Last Samurai actually

You sack of wine!

I wonder what kike had this commissioned. "The shame". fuck off jews.

for you

Those 3 + Valkyrie

>Tom Cruise sucks

The last samurai is horrible. Seriously guys I'm tired of y'all pretending this movie is good.
>will you tell me how he died
>no... But I'll tell you how he lived
Douche shivers son. That movie is atrocious full of cringe as fuck dialogue and dogshit acting.

Robin Hood and Kingdom of Heaven were boring.
The others are fine.
Was bummed when it looked like some lame Hollywood flick. Proved to be compelling and I've not doubted Cruise sense then.

t. baka gaijin

t. roastie

N------------------------N------------------------N
------O------------------O------------------O------
-----------D-------------D--------------D----------
----------------N--------N---------N---------------
---------------------O---O---O---------------------
N---O---D---N---O---L---O---N---D---O---N
---------------------O---O---O---------------------
----------------N--------N---------N---------------
-----------D-------------D--------------D----------
------O------------------O------------------O------
N------------------------N------------------------N

Odysseus is supposed to survive, dude.

that's not 4th wall breaking, it's just that pitt almost always only plays himself in movies

>That profile

Why is Cruise so fucking based jfc

For you.

uh?
except that it is the only idea of the film and that it makes the dialogue of at least four scenes .... one after another: annoying, boring, repetitive
i bet Weinstein fucked the author of the dialog

Would you want the mouse to make it, with excessive quips, or wb to hire snyder to make it and insert hamfisted allusions to greek tragedy in his greek tragedy?

go to bed steven

>tfw no matter how many times you read the tragedy/watch the movie, Hector always dies

Eric Bana was 10/10 in this movie

>watch this movie with little sis
>Hector goes to face Achilles
>sis: "ew why didn't he just order the archers to shoot Achilles"
Is it a biological thing?

t.soy boy

Some people still believe that Rommel was killed by someone strafing his staff car

>it's all about honor you'll never understand
>by the way I stole your bitch in the middle of the night lmao

For Youssius

intelligence?

Mission Impossible actually.

T.weaboo

you can't expect women to understand honour when war has been almost exclusively fought by men since the dawn of civilization

>movies with horrible dialogue, horrible fighting scenes, horrible acting are classics if ithey depict samurai
Seriously rewatch the movie as an adult. It's laughably bad.

The Crowe can’t fly low

you're right.

No they’re not. They’re basically modern Greeks but less mixed within the tribes, and without some Slav admixture in the Peoponese and Macedonia

Cowardice.
There is a Serbian epic poem about a priest that became a haiduk and was one of the best fighters in many battles. He challenged a captain of the ottoman army to duel to the death.
Turk was afraid and a dog with no honor and called for the guards to shoot the hero from the city walls tower.

Nah Greeks were actually peaceful blacks who invited civilization until whites brought disease that wiped them out and upon rediscovery of these great buildings and structures designed by the black Greeks, whites moved in and claimed that they built it just like they do everything else.

Turks are filth, always have been

the story is great.
a nation on the verge of a cultural and social revolution. a man sent to aid this transition is captured by those he was sent to dispatch. He finds something beautiful in this culture on its death bed and more importantly he forms a kinship with these honorable but stubborn men. In doing so he finds himself.
Though the setting is appealing because it is exotic and distant. What makes the movie great is how it depicts the internal struggle of man, and of nation.

WE THE POISONOUS BOYZ N THE HOOD
POISED TO DEPLOY AND DESTROY ALIEN BARBARIANS RAGING ON ROIDS

yfw you realize Troy existed

trips of thruth

They left out the part that Stauffenberg wanted to kill Hitler to restore the monarchy

>what makes this movie great is that it has the plot from dances with wolves

i agree. but all the retards who say its kino are just weeb retards and that movie is just a power fantasy for them. fuck weebs and fuck japan

Based

Still better than East/West Germany and the Merkel regime