STOP INVINCIBLE SON

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON
>Between the time I raise my hand and look at you meaningfully, slowly shaking my head to tell you to STOP, and the hurricane devouring me, there's enough time where you could just run up to me like a normal person and push me in the car, protect me with your super body without anyone having to see it and then we could re-emerge in the rumbles of the car or a few hundred feet away, BOTH OF US ALIVE "miraculously" having survived, but I guess forcing you to let me die this way is more cinematic, dramatic and feels like an important plot point on your ""character development"" so...........STOP
*INHALES*

CEASE, INDESTRUCTIBLE BOY

Reminder that Snyder wanted to bring him back in Justice League

HALT, INVULNERABLE PROGENY!

What makes this even worse is its now canon that DCEU Supes is as fast as DCEU Flash, which means that he could've rescued Dear Old Dad, with literally NO ONE seeing this as it would've taken a 1000th of a second to do.

WHAT NOW DCPAJEETS and SYNDERFAGS?

>the absolute state of mousepajeets

According to this new movie, Superman may be as fast as flash in this universe, meaning he could have saved him without anyone even noticing.

>Inb4 some Snyder fag says Whedon wrote that or something so it makes it okay

>Cant understand Clark was young and inexperienced at his powers (like its showned later in the movie)
>Cant understand the father-son conflit about Clark want to do more vs his father who believe humanity will react angry at his powers/alien nature

Keep with the Marvel "we're the revenger because we want revenge" movies OP, do not land yourself too far.

Say wat now?

OP here, even if he isnt as fast as flash he couldve just
>run up to him like a normal person and push him in the car, protect him with his super body without anyone having to see it and then they could've re-emerged in the rumbles of the car or a few hundred feet away, BOTH OF THEM ALIVE "miraculously" having survived

This shit didnt make sense since the beginning, showing superman being as fast as flash is just adding insult to injury

>like its showned later
>showned later
dont you have a street to fill with shit?

>I guess forcing you to let me die

So Clark's own indecision isn't even a factor for you. All responsibility falls on the guy who's not your self-insert power fantasy.

Thanks. That's all anyone ever really needs to know about you.

What a hack

much like the martha bit, EVERYONE understands the intention

it's that the execution is sloppy in addition to it being a pretty shitty lesson to try to teach people in a superman movie

>DC shill can't use proper English
Hmm

>t. Brainlet

The whole point of this scene was pa Kent's last AND MOST IMPORTANT lesson to Clarck: YOU CANT SAVE EVERYONE.

Without this incident in his life he could've never have coped with the millions of deaths from the Zod invasion and he would've just left the planet or commited suicide you fucking idiot.

RETARD, NONPERISHABLE SCION

>So Clark's own indecision
yeah except the movie clearly shows him ready to move in until his retard father raises his retard hand and tells him to stop

CEASE FORWARD MOVEMENT, MY WIFE'S ADOPTED SON

>was pa Kent's last AND MOST IMPORTANT lesson to Clarck: YOU CANT SAVE EVERYONE.
LMAO

Literally 2 scenes later
>Kal-LEL look
>"Lois!"
>You can save her, Kal-LEL, you can save them all
Then he goes and saves everyone.

It was a pretty crazy storm though. There's no evidence that superman could survive it.

>Okay Clark, to teach you this lesson I will put myself in a position where you could easily save me, but I will shake my head and put my hand up, therefore foreboding you to not save my life and instead watch as I am consumed by a tornado. I know that there are a couple people under that overpass that are definately paying attention to the tornado and not me, so you can't take the risk of being found out. Even though in the event of this disaster any claims about a "super man" saving me would be dismissed as lies or seeing things they really didn't due to shock and disbelief.
Brilliant

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON
D-dad! I can easily save you!
>No son. You need to let me die. It is inevitable. This huricanne is moving towards me in great speed. I cannot escape it, I assure you. And I cannot let you demonstrate your super-human powers in front of all these people. The time is just not right yet.
DAD! This whole time it took for you to say all that shit I could've saved you 100 times!
>NO SON. Its just not right. It wouldnt be believable you see. All those people would suspect that something is up with you, they would suspect you are an alien with super-human strenght you see Clark. And I just CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. SO STOP
DAD! NO!
>YES INVINCIBLE SON! JUST ACCEPT IT! YOU CANNOT SAVE ME! .........goddamn how long does it take for this fucking hurricane to reach me? oh here it comes. NOOOOOOOOOO

Would that have stopped you? Would you have expected your father to wave you on into danger or do something similar? Would you have disobeyed?

Jonathan raised Clark as a human being and did his best to never treat him as anything other than a human being, because he understood that it's probably a good fucking idea to raise the kid who's probably going to change the world to make his decisions like a human being and not an invincible alien god.

>Would that have stopped you? Would you have expected your father to wave you on into danger or do something similar? Would you have disobeyed?
no but he did, thats why its retarded as fuck

Which question are you answering "no" to?

Superman is so powerful he's like a god in comparison to us. A perfect cosmic being, capable of any feat in the universe. And yet, when the time came for his father to die of natural causes, Superman was powerless: he can lift moons, cross galaxies, defeat any foe with his limitless power and strength--but he can't stop nature, a simple heart attack. The most tragic thing of all, the one thing in which we, mortals, can feel related to such incomprehensible being, the all powerful Superman: death is inevitable, unbeatable.

And what did Snyder do? Oh, Jonathan Kent died because a tornado came and the dog was scared and Jonathan ran to save him, but he broke his leg and... well, this was not only a preventable death, but a very stupid one. Almost a comical situation, if Martha (whatdidyasaythatname) had just a little self awareness, she should have recorded the whole thing and submitted the video to "1000 ways to die".

And they say Snyder makes smart capeshit...

>Would that have stopped you?

meant for you

Whoopty-fucking-do. How can you not see that's a lesson for the audience, not Superman? Live your childhood with super-hearing and ask yourself how well-acquainted you'd be with your own powerlessness in the face of death by the time you were ten years old.

And how old are you? If you were a seventeen-year-old kid still living with your parents, think you might have hesitated, too?

Literally what? That lesson to the audience would be the equivalent of "you could pull your friend or gf from a burning wreck and save them but that could be compromising to you so just dont"

How old are you? Im 29. When I was 18 I was working construction with my father and literally threw myself in his way to save him from a falling wall which luckily landed just a few feet away from us.Wouldnt you have done the same?

I'm talking about the heart attack scenario, brainlet.

>"Oh look how he's just like us. He can't save his dad, either."

It's the biggest cop-out there is to make the character relatable. He would already know he couldn't stop it. We already know he can't. It's bullshit second-hand pathos that teaches the character nothing and tells the audience nothing they wouldn't already know.

Yeah, but I'm not sitting on one of the world's biggest secrets, either. Fact of the matter is that Jonathan probably hoped Clark would make that his moment, or at least show he was starting to make his own decisions. He wasn't.

yeah its also the most realistic since that shit literally happens everyday instead of watching your father get fucked by a hurricane when you could easily save him

the scenario snyder presented is literally what people who had that happen to them probably think
>if I had superpowers I could save -insert loved one- from that natural disaster

noone thinks "If I had superpowers I could save my dad from that heart attack"

Related question: you think your dad would have *wanted* you to risk getting hurt?

It would have already have *been* happening every day for the kid who can hear a mouse fart from three counties away.

If he had the time to advice me like superman's dad he obviously would've said "dont do it" but that would literally mean nothing to me.
This scenario in this movie is retarded because 1)he had the time to say "dont do it" which could've been spent running
2)If youre a normal person like supposedly superman was raised you wouldnt give a shit what the person you love and is about to die tells you

>hurricane

Do you pajeets not have tornadoes where you're from?

See? There's the difference. Unlike the rest of us, Clark knows that his father thinks there's something at risk beyond him getting physically hurt. He may not understand it completely, but he understands at least part of it.

>Clark knows that his father thinks there's something at risk beyond him getting physically hurt
except there isnt...unless you view the movie from a dragonball z spectrum where you cant present a character unless he reaches peak strength

>Scolds Clark for saving a bus full of people and saying he should have let them all drown.
It really just felt like an insult to the character.