What was an African american doing in an Irish gang?

What was an African american doing in an Irish gang?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people#Black_Irish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was black Irish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people#Black_Irish

Mediterranean Celtic ancestry.

>if we put africans in our movies, no one will realised that we’re all serial rapists
>good thinking schlepstein

>What was an African american doing in an Irish gang
Someone had to do the washing and fetch coffees and such.

because they were the good guys so they were racially inclusive. it wasn't so much a pure irish gang vs the natives, it was more that the people that lived in that area happened to be overwhelmingly irish.

I wish we would solve our problems with gang fights again

>Someone had to do the washing and fetch coffees and such.
You mean the Irish?

Unlike the real Dead Rabbits, I didn't feel like this gang was meant to really be all irish. To me it seemed more like an amalgamation of all the members of society that were spat upon by the traditionalists Natives. Also he gets literally ripped the fuck apart at the end of the movie so there really isn't any room to take the "muh diversity" schtick with this one.

Whats a Dead Rabbit doing among the Natives?!

What'sa nigger doing in the church?

You run with the Native you go PRAY WITH DA NATIVES!!!

it's called the black irish
look it up

he was a black though not black irish, he had no irish accent

Pay attention in history class you dumbass. Once upon a time the Irish were looked at as less than regular whites.

>THEY KILLED THAT ONE GUY
>which one guy?
>was he that black guy?
>oh yep, there he is hanging by a pole
>that sucks lol
And that's about all I felt. They never did anything with his character.

WHAT'S A NIGGER DOING IN THE CHURCH?

The Irish and niggers had good relations back then because they both had absolutely shit lives which they deserved

What was DiCaprio doing in an Irish gang? Dude looks like he could maybe be a quarter Irish. Hardly at all.

>angry black man

Neither did Leo.

WHERE'S WALLACE?

>The Irish and niggers had good relations back then

No, no they did not. In fact, there were race riots quite often between the Irish and blacks.

i don't know, friend. why would a member of one disenfranchised group be in a gang with people of another disenfranchised group who are standing up to the people who are shitting on both groups?

it really boggles the mind.

I think you might've missed a bit of the movie there user

Kike propaganda. The Irish hated the blacks even when under discrimination themselves. If you want to see how the Irish treated blacks watch Roots.

He's really just there so as to not have Scorsese accused of ignoring black characters during the Draft Riots, which to be honest is a lot more urgent pov than some criminals who just happened to be there at the time

John Adams described the mob that provoked the Boston massacre as “a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes and mulattos, irish teagues (immigrants) and outlandish jack tars.” In any major American port especially 1860 NY there would be a large amount of commerce between the lower castes. It’s not at all odd that an Irish gang would have a black associate especially since black gangs were still basically nonexistent.