Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_QD2Uy_H_w
youtube.com/watch?v=bdel6QsNYWE
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's finally over.

It lowered everyone's expectations for the Amazon series

i didn't have to watch the last two because the first was so awful

Great themesong. Almost managed to recreate the comfiness of the Shire. Stephen Fry kinda worked as the mayor.

Other than that they're a mess. The script is a mess, the tone is a mess, The structure is a mess. The third movie is god-awful in almost every way.

Loved Bilbo's performance at any rate

there were like two or three good scenes in the third one. The one I can remember right now though is the scene where the dark haired dwarf brother dies and the lady elf says the sad words and the man elf says "because it was true"

a little confused how a bad movie managed to stumble onto a genuinely good scene tbqh.

I guess the special effects were oooohhh NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Misty mountains cold was a good song, and the song at the dinner table was okay

And it was clearly the best one.

really great background flick when you're tripping

If it were 1 .. or at MAX 2 movies like originally planned; both prep'd & directed by Jackson from the inception & not picking up Del Toros scraps. Then it could have probably been kino.

no it wasn't he overdid it way too much

Gollum scene was beautifully recreated, so was Smaug's introduction.

The dwarf song was nice

It had decent acting and enough good scenes to create the Maple Film Cut.

That scene was gay as fuck. Here's what the exact words:

Tauriel: If this is love, I do not want it.

Thranduil: ...........

Tauriel: Take it from me, please.....why does it hurt so much?

Thranduil: Because it was real.

There's no reason why he had to say that to her. The slut turned his son Legolas into a fullblown beta orbiter.

post the webms

Yeah that was shit

This scene got me teary though
youtube.com/watch?v=F_QD2Uy_H_w

the scene when the town is on fire and he kills the dragon.. that whole part was pretty cool

also, scene where bilbo talks to gollum, and scene where bilbo talks to smaug... those two scenes were excellent

Cate Blanchett is prime mommyfu

I liked the first one just fine. The rest was just a mess.

I am fire. I am death.
Was a good moment

I'll amend ...
The Smaug intro was pretty great. That's it.

fpbp

Came here to post this.
Throw everything else into the trash.

Misty Mountains Cold is probably in the top 5 LOTR songs for me.

I can't do it.

I will never forgive PJ for not including the chapter where Bilbo and co. talk to the Eagles.

Smaug was pretty based.

The first film and the first half of the second film was absolute kino.

Sauron vs Gandalf was pretty dope, really enjoyed seeing Sauron actually fucking shit up by himself.

I never underatood the hate for the hobbit movies? Whats wrong with them? Obviously not as good as LOTR but still top tier kino.

>I never underatood the hate for the hobbit movies? Whats wrong with them? Obviously not as good as LOTR but still top tier kino.

I thought legolas was bad enough in the OT but they made him into a fucking anime character.

The misty mountain song was nice

It finally showed Jackson for the hack he always was.

I actually thought they were ok too. But they overdid it with the cgi (by a longshot), the acting is pretty meh most of the time, it was a trilogy when it should have been a duology (WB cashgrabbing), there’s loads of pointless shit (like Tauriel) and its just nowhere near as good as LOTR

Thanks for the meme pictures mate, really backs up your agrument. Are you such a brainlet you can't write what you feel and must express yourself through pictures? Tell me why you do not like the hobbit movies instead of shitposting shitty memes you fucking melt.

The idea of each dwarf having a sort of standout moment was a great idea, and examples of how this could be executed are done extremely well in the first film with scenes like Balin's scene providing the backstory on Thorin to Bilbo, or Bofur's speech about how his people don't belong anywhere, but unfortunately they didn't follow through with it

It's a shame they didn't actually carry through with the idea. We never really got a scene with Oin demonstrating his skills as a healer (he literally gets out-medic'd by Smoking Hot Elf Chick in the one scene where he ought to be doing his thing), we never got a scene with Dwalin swallowing his pride and accepting help from Bilbo, we never got a scene with Bifur giving a heartfelt motivational to Bilbo entirely through hand gestures, or more neat little scenes like what we got with Balin and Bofur in the first film.

I loved what they were going for with giving each dwarf a little more personality and recognizability... but that basically stops after the first act of the first film and devolves into one note running gags like 'oh look Bombur's broken another chair!' or 'oh ha ha Oin misunderstood what someone said again!' for another two and two-thirds movies.

>it should have been a duology
no

>Are you such a brainlet you can't write...?
That's fucking rich coming from a guy who writes schlock like "top tier kino"

cgi was bad, did not require 3 movies, was padded with rubbish. it could have been 1 or 2 movies and been much better. i literally do not remember the third movie

this is the worst thing i have ever seen

Bilbo's confrontations with Smaug and Gollum were great.
Despite all the fuck ups, the trilogy is still kinda impressive, considering Peter Jackson and the crew practically made it up as they went along.

So you have no argument or any actual points to make then? Thanks for your input you fucking sperg.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdel6QsNYWE

So you hated the franchise because of this badly done scene? I myself thought it was a funny scene but bad cgi.

what the fuck is happening in this webm? his forehead is sticky?

tried to give the dwarves all distinct looks and personalities

tried to make it less anti-climactic by building up bard's character, having the dwarves fight smaug

referenced lord of the rings with sauron's ring briefly taking hold of bilbo's mind, and sauron's shadow

not saying these were well done, but they were good ideas

aye

possibly the greatest improvisational movies ever

He has the head of an axe stuck in his head and he dives at the orc to kill him with it. It gets stuck and so yeah, the axe head finally comes out of his head and he can finally speak english again.

Neck yourself buddy, you aren't worth the breath.

>SEETHING

>tried to give the dwarves all distinct looks and personalities

Idea of this is good I guess,
still feel the dwarfs ended up looking very goofy.

Legolas was h*lla fr*ckin epic

riddles in the dark
Just turn it off after that

Meh. The hobbit is in the end a children's books and it is supposed to be a lot more whimsical. It's why the cartoony dwarven antics didn't really bother me. I thought the first 2 films were fine, obviously not as good LOTR but still I enjoy them more than bland shit like Marvel (probably because I was a LOTR fanboy).

Third movie really was pointless though. I think people give it a bad rap because they're unable to think of it as a children's book and expected something more LOTR-y. Sorta like how a lot of children's movies nowadays are judged by how adults liked them (with basically only Disney kids movies doing well).

The Misty Mountain song scene was good.

Scenes in the shire.
Only think I really didn't like was Bilbo passing out.

>company has lost its way Mirkwood, Thorin has lost hope, everyone looks to Bilbo for courage and leadership
>Bilbo doesn't know what to do
>Bifur gives him a beautiful, passionate speech about leadership entirely in Khuzdul
>there are no subtitles to tell the audience (or Bilbo) what he means, but the emotion and sentiment behind them are clear
>when he finishes he smiles, pats Bilbo on the shoulder, and goes to rally the rest of the Company

you can edit it down into a pretty good single movie

>no bilibo on the third poster
Why the inconsistency?

>They made the stone giant litteral stone giant

no
that scene sucked ass

The one thing I liked about it was the idea of the Dwarves as sorrowful displaced people desperate to return. Thorin is quite a forlorn figure.
Its there in The Hobbit but its a kid's book, Tolkien doesn't really make much of it so it was interesting that this part of it was brought out, made me think about things a little differently.

Would have been fine if they were off in the distance

But noooo, can't go five minutes without throwing in some fantasy peril (mild)

Smaug was perfect in the 2nd movie

This, I'd honestly love to see someone take the whole lot and whittle it down to a solid, well-paced three hour movie. Cut most of the Gandalf/White Council shit, cut the orc subplot, cut all the shit with Legolas and Tauriel, cut the fluff, cut 90% of the third movie, etc etc

What is so bad about this?

Can we all agree to this ranking?

>hi i'm retarded please help

it was one movie stretched out to three and filled with tension-less, narratively inert videogame cinematics to pad the run-time. the best thing you can say about them was that the casting and visual design was all on point. as storytelling they were dire

>this is your average elf
how the FUCK did the orcs even come close to winning

summer blockbusters haven't reached their standards since

A massive steel bar hits the ground after the cloth does

>top tier kino

It looks like shit

I hope you mean the song during the baffling bar-flair cutlery scene and not that Misty Mountains crap.

>THAT'S WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES

I remember the scene where Legolas runs across the collapsing bridge
I could hear people in the theater make exasperated sounds

eh I'd put Bombur higher purely from the fact that he was exactly how I imagined him as a kid. I'll never understand how the source material had an obese dwarf as comic relief, yet somehow Peter Jackson sidelined him completely to the point where he doesn't have a single line in the entire trilogy. You'd think Jackson would've gone wild with Bombur.

A major studio approved this scene. They spent time planning and shooting it. They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars doing post-production and CG work for it.

are these actually from the movie or wip versions?

Have you got the actual GoPro barrel footage?

When that happened, without even saying a word me and my friend simultaneously turned to each other in the cinema and made 'what the fuck is this' expressions at each other

He has one line in the extended BOFA, specifically this scene ironic since he had the most lines in the book next to balin and thorin, iirc

The first half hour of the first film was great

>still feel the dwarfs ended up looking very goofy.

this isn't a problem. they're fucking dwarves, and most of them were workers and toy-makers, not badass dwarf soldiers

Thorin's death onwards in Battle of the Five Armies (excluding the scene with Legolas and his dead) is Lord of the Rings-tier kino.

Personally I like An Unexpected Journey a lot, it's just the other two that are misfires, but that's because of Warner Bros forcing Jackson to turn 2 films into 3 in the middle of filming. Jackson did a good job with all of the stuff that's in the book, it's just the original stuff he had to come up with on short notice in order to fill out DoS and BotFA that sucks. The 4-hour Maple Edit of the trilogy is genuinely kino. There's an incredible movie in there, it's just hidden within shit.

>They spent time planning and shooting it.

watch the Appendices, user. The reason why the films ended up being so bad is because they literally DIDN'T have time to plan and shoot them.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

why would a trebuchet require that tiny amount of force to trip
why would the trebuchet be throwing rocks directly horizontally
why would it throw a dwarf directly, perfectly into the troll's mouth so that it survives
how does the troll choke to death so quickly
how does the troll choke to death when the dwarf isnt even that far in his mouth
why does the troll turn his head sideways when dying so as not to crush the dwarf

I never understood the intense hate for this scene

Sure it's stupid but aren't elves described as being lighter than air and having supernatural reflexes in the books

>render smaug as a dragon in the first movie
>edit him in the extended edition and later movies into a wyvern