Why can't they just make a feature length, fully CGI Warcraft movie?

What was the point of having real live actors that clash with the overall look and feel of everything else when we could've had more of THIS instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-long-and-how-much-does-it-take-to-make-an-opening-CGI-trailer-for-games-like-WoW-or-FF14
youtube.com/watch?v=ErAXL5pspP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blizzard's recent cutscenes are michael bay tier shit. that last one was particularly awful

i actually like cheese but not low quality shitty cheese

Because one of those 4 minute cinematics takes months and months of work and a lot of money.

So a full length movie should take about a year or two. That's normal for most movies already.

this and it has been said 100 times. Why is op a fag and why does he repost this shit?

Kill yourself

quora.com/How-long-and-how-much-does-it-take-to-make-an-opening-CGI-trailer-for-games-like-WoW-or-FF14
That would equate to around $3M USD and 12,000 man-hours of production work. That 4–5 minutes could be accomplished in about 80 man-months, or around 9–12 calendar months with a 20-person team

So again not beyond the scope of most Hollywood productions.

>m-muh money
Blizzshills please leave. The only reason you would make a movie that's 90% CGI instead of 100% is because you're incompetent.

are you willing to wait 10 years for your movie? chances are it will be outdated by then

This isn't 1990.Feature length 3d animated movie are possible. They have budget up to 200 million dollars. With the budget of the warcraft movie alone they could have made something decent.

No distribution company is going to pick it up unfortunately. If you want money for a 3d movie it has to be marketed for young children, not manchildren. Which is probably why the warcraft movie was live action

>more of THIS

More of what?
>rotting elf rapebait leading the horde to its doom for her own gain
>pathetic fuckboy that takes big black dragon dick on a daily basis

The BfA cinematic was garbage. Pic related, it's the last good WoW cinematic.

it would take 8 years and cost 3 billions dollars. aside from all the shit posting about blizzard and wow, they really do put effort in their cinematics

a lot of the stats and such for that quote are misleading.

Production gets cheaper (per second) the longer you go because you have more and more reusable assets.

Also it takes the same time to make a good looking model for a 5 minute short as it does for a 90 minute movie.

And they mention that you can't start the whole pipeline at the same time because you can't be "building models when you're animating them", which is true, but you can be building the models for the orcs while animating a scene that only uses humans, or elves, or whatever. So there is a lot of overlap.

The real reason you aren't getting a CGI WoW movie is because audiences are stupid. If you say a movie is CGI, audiences think that means cartoons and it's for kids. Yet you call it live-action, and it's SERIOUS BIZNESS for adults. Avatar made billions because it's "live action" despite the movie being 90% CGI, and the only real difference between Avatar and PIxar is stylistic choices.

Is that the golden one?

I feel like a cartoon could be surprisingly decent for WoW

He's a mentally ill child from Sup Forums

Source: I work in an animation studio

>this is what blizzdrones axshully believe

outta my way plebs

Nobody said anything about 3D
3D is for retards who can't see anything wrong with sitting in a dark room wearing sunglasses for two hours. Absolute fucking idiots, basically

>t. soyboy apologists

Thinking a company like Acti-Blizz can't make a proper CG movie when they basically did that with the movie we got just with jarring live action actors thrown in is the absolute state of corporate cuckery.

I wouldn't say the last good cinematic but definitely the best by an unfathomable margin.

>>pathetic fuckboy that takes big black dragon dick on a daily basis
Nice headcanon, faggot.

CG looks like garbage, nobody wants to watch that shit besides kids and NEETs.

They don't have to do it themselves with their small cinematic department. There's other good CG animation studios that can work on it as well you know. It'll shorten the production time.

Good post

Because WoW is shit, blizzdrones are retarded and will eat whatever blizzard shits out.
Guarantee you it would still make profit if the entire movie was some slideshow crayon drawings. Blizzdrones are that mindless.

nothing they have done in the past 13 years comes even close to this

youtube.com/watch?v=ErAXL5pspP0

Blizzard peaked in 2003.

because only autistic people would see a full length warcraft cartoon. movies have to appeal to normies too

That's only because they hire shitty koreans.

Anonymous
11/28/17(Tue)14:06:36 No.90815491

#
nothing they have done in the past 13 years comes even close to this

youtube.com/watch?v=ErAXL5pspP0 [Open]

Blizzard peaked in 2003.

Anonymous
11/28/17(Tue)14:08:16 No.90815524

because only autistic people would see a full length warcraft cartoon. movies have to appeal to normies too

Anonymous
11/28/17(Tue)14:09:43 No.90815558

#
That's only because they hire shitty koreans.

>ICC raid released
>expect the spire will have the same spiral walkway
>perhaps even hear the same whispers from old friends and foes as we ascend
>instead it's just a teleporter
>mfw

One job, Blizzard.

lich king cinematic is the only good one, killer track too

The days of Blizzard North and the other passionate visionaries at Blizzard are long gone. This latest cinematic was the least impressive one they've ever made. The tone is confused and the cinematography is poor, there is no direction. What should be an incredibly massive battle instead looks like a minor kerfuffle. Everyone cracks a grin before they attack. There is no gravitas - something Blizzard cinematics were once renowned for.

didnt they?

that was some corny shit, take your nostalgia goggles off

If you watch the documentaries on how they make these they explained they didn't know how snow would move so sent people out to the snow for a week just to film them moving snow across ice like Arthas does so they could get there animators to make it move exactly like that.

They waste a shit ton of money on these.

I thought the WoD cinematic was great too - just tied to the worst expansion in the history of Warcraft

>>instead it's just a teleporter

One of my biggest problems with Raids since the end of Wrath.

Guldans at the top of the Nightspire well i bet we fight our way up to him. Nope you just teleport up unopposed.

Its one of those things you notice a lot with wow from Wrath on wards its like the people working on it don't understand basic things about design and progression of a story.

Like why did we start at the top of Hyjal. Vanilla leads you up to Hyjal then you are left waiting instead of continuing this on and fighting your way up the mountain to reach where the druids are and help them you just roll downhill.

i prefer live-action because i want to see young and handsome. but i hated the warcraft movie because young and handsome son was killed.

they got a lot worse at draenei holy shit

Draenei always looked like shit, literal rubber faces.

>STILL thinking vidya movie adaptations are a good idea

games have the shittest stories that only get hyped because people think it makes their 'hobby' less shallow. Warcraft got made cos it was a cash cow, not because any producer would look at the plot and think any of it was film worthy.

Sup Forums kiddies don't relaize their AAA videogames have bigger budget than Hollywood blockbusters. You don't like Uncharted because artistic talent but because a lot of money has been poured into it.

Yeah, huge turnover and bigger focus on Overwatch.
Blizzard cgi department is the very last place you want to work in, its lowest paid and puts you in a position here you have no influence over any creative decisions unless you are one of the main leads or the director, which you just wont get due to nepotism and the size of the studio.
A better deal i to work there for a year or two and get a job at a studio like Blur where you can quickly land a lead position over a small ad.
Or to just move to Blizzard main studio rather than to their d team of trainees.