This show is so boring

It's like 90% talking and business meetings, and 10% passable fight sequences.

Also, this Danny Rand guy is kind of a dick. Very unlikable.

Other urls found in this thread:

martialartsentertainment.com/elodie-yung-electrifying-elektra/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>90% business meetings
>"for the fans" they said

well sjw's hate it that means we have to like it. same with age of ultron

>Also, this Danny Rand guy is kind of a dick. Very unlikable.

Congratulations. You now understand Danny Rand the character.

Straight up single-hero comic-style stories are a shit. Period.

>Jessica Jones had a noir style that would have been a pretty good show without powers.
>Daredevil S1 had the Kingpin to hold it together, S2 had other heroes to play off DD.
>Luke Cage had its homage to blaxploitation that made it a legit fun show, plus strong integration into the other shows.
>IF is not bad, but nowhere near where the other shows were, because just... FUCK Danny. Never leave IF alone. Ever. Any comic writer in the past twenty years will tell you that.

I agree. It has moments of greatness, but from what i've seen thus far its the weakest of the netflix shows. DD s.1 and JJ s.1 are still the best

The problem is that they stretch out his character growth. I was expecting him to have a realization in the hospital and figure out how to control his Chi well enough to overcome the meds.

I kept waiting for him to have the epiphany that he was having trouble controlling his Chi because he was letting all of the stuff with his family clouding his judgement. I am on Ep. 8 and he is still having trouble controlling his Chi and only working it up when he gets beat up a bunch. I am hopeful that in the last few episodes he comes together and actually manages to control it well.

I will say, however, that I'm a sucker for the whole "No, really, I'm telling the truth, but you won't believe me until I do some crazy shit" trope, so I had a lot of fun with the first few episodes until they find out it IS Danny.

it's just something I enjoy for no particular reason.

I thought JJ and LC were pretty shitty. Can't imagine how bad this must be.

All the Netflix wannabe serious shows are shitty compared to Agents of SHIELD

I was gonna correct you and bring up Immortal but Fraction had the 7 others there as well.
I like Living Weapon but it proves yours and OPs point directly

I'm on episode 6.
Does it get any better?
It's just so slow.
I'm never going to get FatCobra am I

S2
:^)

Jessica and Luke were shit shows.

Why do sjw's hate it?

DD is about a white guy, so SJWs hate it, and Sup Forums and Sup Forums have to love it.

LC is about a black guy (described as a 'unapologetically black show'), so SJWs love it, and Sup Forums and Sup Forums have to hate on it. Also Sup Forums because 'muh cultural marxism.'

JJ is like LC, except replace 'black' with 'feminist.'

IF is again, white guy, and this time he's CULTURAL APPROPRIATING Asians, even though you know damn well if it were an Asian they'd be calling him a stereotype. Anyway, they hate it, so Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and yay-white-guys! Sup Forums will love it after the initial 'capeshit' screeching stops.

Does Danny stop acting like an autist after the first episode?

FUCK OFF

Gao make it a 10/10

Actually gets kind of worse by the third. (last episode I'm on.)

But I think it's believable for a guy who's been half-dead, half-mystic warrioring in another dimension for 15 years.

He's facing problems he's never had to experience or think about before.

But I'm digging it, so I'm definitely biased.

I mean has he never heard of the police or understand he needs to register and get an id or something?

Sup Forums likes LC.
Sure, it wasn't as great as DD season 1, and Diamondback was shit villain compared to Cottonmouth, but it was still cool.

JJ was bad because Jessica is unlikeble character, but Nuke And Killgrave saved the show.

>JJ was bad because Jessica is unlikeble character,

Maybe I'm weird then. I thought her being a massive bitch was part of the appeal. Her grey morality made the whole thing much more unpredictable.

But yes, Kilgrave was the high point, no question.

Why would anyone get excited about these Netflix shows? They just go around punching people, they're like the least fun shows to watch

He 'died' when he was ten.

How's he going to get an ID?

How would he even know how?

And what are the police going to do, aside from lock him up in a mental hospital?

>How's he going to get an ID?
>How would he even know how?
Go to police. Tell them he doesn't have any id and is likely registered as deceased and wants to get some id and back on track.
>And what are the police going to do, aside from lock him up in a mental hospital?
Send him to the proper city authorities he needs to talk to about undoing his official status of deceased.

Looks like you are just as autistic at understanding how the city works. Do you think police refuse to help anyone unless it is to arrest people? What a fucking idiot you are.

JJ was bad because it was a horrible psychological thriller that runs on idiocy and had nothing but terrible dialogue and cinematography
>Killgrave saved the show.
By making it even more unwatchable and cringeworthy?

user your baby card at hospital might have your finger prints, but most of the documentation to prove who you are is when you get social security card and other identifying information and without a match in any system, he wouldn't have any way to compare which is their point.

The shit you get when you're a kid wouldn't help him and he eventually did go to hospital to try track down medical records, which got burned.

He went about it early on idiotically but he realistically did not have an easy way to prove it.

>He went about it early on idiotically
So you agree with me 100% or is your reading comprehension as stupid as you are acting?

Someone should go to TV Tropes and cull the YMMV page of the SJW bitching he's white

Don't let the bastards grind you down

the barefoot asian girl with a phat ass and yoga pants is doing wonderful and terrible things to my dick

Someone should delete that shithole site off the face of the internet

This one too.

ymmv means different opinions. You mean just state the points and cut the soapboxing.

It's boring as hell, but the redpill whiners will pretend it's the greatest show ever made because their lives revolve around hating SJW's.

If it's bad, it has absolutely nothing to do with him being a white guy. But the reviewers let that color their opinions.

As Morgan Freeman said, ending racism means ignoring race.

>If it's bad, it has absolutely nothing to do with him being a white guy

There's plenty of reasons why it's bad which have nothing to do with him being white. If he were played by a black guy but everything else were the same, the show's endless business meetings would still be boring as fuck, and Danny would still come off as a spoiled egomaniac who never has to struggle for anything.

No one watches a show about a magic karate man named Iron Fist so they can watch him complain about his stock investments for hours at a time.

Sat through 3 episodes, got Iron Pissed, and couldn't deal with any more of it.

>a major plot point is literally that every single piece of identifying evidence has been destroyed
>why doesn't he just go to the cops and have them declare him a billionaire by fiat just because he asked and has no id of any kind but a stolen passport in another man's name

Like he's pretty good at martial arts or whatever but I bet Black Widow could still kick his butt, probably even Agent May

Marvel should pull the plug on their Netflix shows. Daredevil goes to shit halfway through both seasons, Luke Cage was pretty dumb from the very beginning, and Jessica Jones was only decent because of the villain.

What elevated them above trash like Agents of SHIELD and the CW shows was the fight choreography and graphic violence, both of which become stale at some point. How many more hallway fights are we going to see?

I think it's great
Gao is my gal

No shots of dudes getting blasted in the face with a shotgun like in Daredevil.

>muhhh grittiness
AoS has superpowers, costumes and world ending threats
Netflix has ninjas and some dudes who kinda hit hardish

>what are street level heroes

if they're not named Spider-Man, they're boring

Agents is serious while still being a fun superhero show.
Netflix shows are just angsty essays on social issues.

dubs of truth

Damn, how did anyone think that garbage was acceptable to air?

because it's fucking awesome
Daisy could kill all the Defenders without blinking

Some boogieman thing about sjws hating it cause hes white instead of asian or some shit

>SJWs hate it
DD has been pretty universally praised, with the only "SJW hate" I've seen being that of "Why didn't they cast an actual blind guy?"

so they want an Asian guy to do karate?
that kinda seems racist

But Danny doesn't do any martial arts in the show.

the boogieman doesnt exist
the sjws that hate him cause hes white don't exist

You know what shouldn't exist? Whoever choreographed the fights cause holy shit do they all suck

Your post reads like a certain retard's tweet, go figure.

>they could have made a kung-fu tournament plot with drug trafficking like enter the dragon but with super powers
>we get board meetings: the show

what about all the fighting

You're thinking of Daredevil. Iron Fist is the boardroom talking show.

I've noticed a lot of the general reaction is that it's actually fairly good but slow paced, with a few people complaining about performances and such. Not great, but not horrid, either, in the middle of the Netflix shows.

How did a slower pace and some bad dialogue lead to it getting torn into as hard as it has been on the review scene?

I enjoy it. Ward is a fucking prick though.

>i've only read reviews saying its pretty good
>how did so many people give it bad reviews
Have you tried reading those bad reviews?

>i've only read reviews saying its pretty good
I haven't read any reviews save for the occasional skimming through back when they first came out, but have mostly just read through the tags on Twitter for people's raw reactions, but sure.

You have my interest with the business meetings thing but I haven't watched any of the other Marvel shows. Do they make any references to the other three, or can I jump in with this one?

skip to just all the fight scenes

There's a few characters from the other shows that pop up, I believe, but I don't think you need to extensively know them, so you should be fine to give it a shot.

I don't watch shows to see fight scenes. Even "good" fight scenes are always boring nonsense with shakycam and fast cuts.

Thanks. I guess I'll check it out later today then.

>How did a slower pace and some bad dialogue lead to it getting torn into as hard as it has been on the review scene?
I just finished ep8 and it has started to pick up the pace a little. But the reviewers only got the first six episodes and if you had asked me to review the whole series after just the first six I would have torn it a new asshole too.
The main issue is the pacing. The pacing absolutely drags balls across sandpaper. You know pretty much beat by beat whats going to happen next and your sitting there playing on your phone waiting for shit to just get to it.
The elephant in the room however is that the twink playing Danny isn't a good enough actor to sell you on the more fantastic mythical shit and he's sure as sure not a martial artist. Pretty fucking hard to watch a show where the MC is the one braking your sense of immersion. To be fair to the twink he is getting better and if he continues to do so the last 4 or 5 episodes should pass mediocre and move into good.
But those first six episodes? They suck.

>Jessica Jones was pretty dumb from the very beginning, and Luke Cage was only decent because of the villain.
FTFY. Kilgrave is garbage.

Is there seriously a villain named Kilgrave? That's like naming someone Murdercoffin.

>Is there seriously a villain named Kilgrave? That's like naming someone Murdercoffin.

He named himself Kilgrave.

but punisher and mafia user

>DD is about a white guy, so SJWs hate it

What the fuck are you talking about? Daredevil was universally praised.

I mean, Arrow S1 had real good fight choreography, only DD S1 had better. And don't make me laugh by mentioning LC's "fight choreography"

That only makes things worse.

That is worse. Purple Man is bad enough as a villain in the comics, but in the show he's a dumb manchild with a boner for an even (somehow) dumber main heroine.

>Arrow S1 had real good fight choreography
Yeah, weightless punches, feeling like you're watching some boring self-defense video filmed in a McDojo because enemies never even bother to defend themselves from holds and locks even a weak manlet would break out of, fantastic stuff.

>weightless punches
Not in the first season. After that, sure. And it's a problem in DD S2 also. Elektra especially wasn't believable as a fighter.

>Not in the first season
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

8 years

No.

Yes. I was laughing through the whole season 1 because of how shit the fights were.

You might be mentally challenged.

>Elektra especially wasn't believable as a fighter

Guess what?
Elodie grew up in Seine-saint-Denis, in Le Bourget, where she practiced karate and obtained her Black Belt.

martialartsentertainment.com/elodie-yung-electrifying-elektra/

Directors fault?

Nah, I'm just not a blind faggot with low standards who eats up trash and thinks it's good food.

That's like all the other Netflix MCU shows. And most "action" tv shows.

The first three episodes are really bad, and the best episodes happen in the second half. Reviewers only got to watch up to episode 6 and almost every review sounds like it's only actually reviewing the first one or two episodes since all their complaints come from those two. Mix that in with a lot of reviewers going in wanting to hate it because "muh #AAIF" and you get a critical thrashing.