Why does Sugar let this happen?

Why does Sugar let this happen?

Because no one who cares matters. The executives don't care. The main demographics (kids and hipster women) don't care. The people paying for ads don't care.

None of the money cares, so why should they worry about what some spergs on the internet think? Especially ones who just pirate the damn show.

She went from amethyst size to ruby size.
Fucking sad.

I hate stubby Garnet, she's supposed to have a tall womanly form.

Man, that's fucking sad. Can Peri please get her robot limbs back, please?

is this le meep morp girl

It's an influence of TTG.

If Sugar wants SU to stay alive, they have to cater to this retarded animation styling.

>Both of the middle ones

Fucking hell

Bring back best peri form

Is Sugar a pushover?

storyboarding was a mistake.

It's not Sugar, it's Zuke.

It's all Zuke. Everything wrong with this season has been Zuke.

Did Steven shrink to the size of a five year old?

I'm not seeing the issue with this one, isn't it just Garnet looking smaller than before when put next to Steven but only because she's farther away in the second picture?

look at her legs

>middle bottom
Holy shit, is he 2 feet tall? And what is with that smug look on his face?

They're closer together? They're a little fatter?

I think that's just nitpicking honestly, it's not as bad as Peridot deteriorating.

>And what is with that smug look on his face?
You haven't watched Restaurant Wars? It's like one of the four or five actually funny episodes in the whole show.

>early on the series
>can reach the counter no problem
>later on the series
>needs a fucking stool to reach it

No. He is eye level with her waist in one and eye level with the middle of her knees in the other. Read up on how perspective works.

It's not nitpicking, you are just blind.

2nd is the best look she had.

Zuke's written maybe 3 episodes this season. And Last One Out of Beach City was good.

She ruined Peridot's character, but it doesn't explain her design. Lapis is way more on model usually.

>let me use greentext to state the obvious
fucking newfags

This lack of proper scaling upsets me.

>And Last One Out of Beach City was good.

here we go again.
steven universe doesnt have height models so storyboarders can have more freedom.That has been since S1,but people are just now complaining about it.
If youre a fan of the show you will get used to it.S4 has other problems.Gremlin peridot is nothing compared to some of the mistakes this seasons had

Yeah but really their has to be some sort of quality control on this shit. I mean it cool and all that sugar wants everything to be free form and unrestricted but their needs to be some sort of no no book. Plus I'm pretty damn sure theirs a comparison rule they go by as in amy is always half a pearl and such.

>characters being on model is a tool of the patriarchy - Rebecca Sugar

The fucking :3 face is worse than the height inconsistency. It's the defining quirk of Katy t3h p3nguin of d00m

HACK
A
C
K

what if she gets new limb enhancers

There's going off-model for effect and there's literally every character shifting size and completely changing their proportions for no fucking reason. Look at Gamagoori from KLK for an example of shifting size done right, or at least not done in a jarring fashion. He varies from 8 to 20 feet tall but it's done in a very self-aware way for comic effect and most importantly HIS PROPORTIONS DON'T CHANGE. He looks like the same person, just bigger or smaller. This shit going on in Stephen Universe is just retarded. Stephen looks like a literal tiny-ass midget in half of these screenshots.

What a stupid fucking post. That doesn't even happen in TTG because they have pre rendered models, which are always the same size, while in SU is the storyboarder that gets to decide how everything will look.
If you don't know shit don't try to be a populist Sup Forums bitch saying obvious self wanking garbage like "ohgosh ttg and su sure sucks eh guise?!"

TTG is a lot more consistent and better-looking than this show.

I mean storyboarders making characters look like midgets with big heads instead of staying on-model.

That isn't the same thing. TTGO is on model, you just don't like the art style. This is incompetence of the highest order.

That's just a common style inspired by what japanese called SD (Super Deformed), known nowadays as Chibi.
It isn't bad, it serves a great purpose of the disproportional head and chubby bodies applying cuteness or a more appealing look.
TTG isn't even that, it's just super cartoony.

>TTGO is on model
Not compared to the previous series.

>This is incompetence of the highest order.
It's people making ""cutesy"" midget-shit because TTG has retardedly enough become the flagship of CN and all the other shit that's dying is trying everything they can to bump viewership.

>TTG isn't even that, it's just super cartoony.
Their bodies and limbs are shrunken, with their heads disproportionately large. There's not as much roundness/chubby like chibi, but I'm not comparing to chibi.

This made me sad.

Didn't the creators admit that the characters don't have a set height because it's a social construct?

Holy shit

Thank fuck for Gumball

>Not compared to the previous series.

They're diferent series with diferent artstyles, TTGO is a lazy one but also a consistent one in its shittyness, let it go

Is this real? I dropped SU shortly after they killed the cluster or something like that. What did those storyboarders do to her? as if she didn't get shat on enough after she stopped being evil

They killed her character. She's been flanderized like crazy. They completely skip the important parts of her character like how she's the one with the most knowledge of Homeworld and it's technology and military. Instead she's struggling to understand a voice recorder and making trash art.

>If youre a fan of the show you will get used to it.
Being a fan obligates one to have shit taste in art?

Yes its real, i really don't know who's at guilt here but its clear there's people working in SU that can't fucking draw

Is honestly feels like the show is on hold while the writers fight over the direction of the story and major plot points. I mean they can't even do SoL well anymore

Didn't you know? Breaking the fundamentals of animation and making errors all over the place is now a "style"

All that is required for Zuke to flourish is that Sugar does nothing.

To be fair, Smoky Quartz is supposed to be hideous.

Why? Why is she supposed to be so revolting and difficult to look at?

I think there's another problem with that gif buddy, something about the animation

See if you can figure it out champ

Because she's made of the worst character in the show and Amethyst.

We had this exact same thread the day before, with the same pictures and many of the same replies to them, like

fat kid + pic related = ugly

That is so fucking pants on head retarded and tumblry that it simply cannot be real. I refuse to believe that.

Something about Amethyst's lips offend me.

Extra thick lips look bad on relatively cartoony characters.

This is pretty much the standard quality of cartoons now.

I like su, but sugar PLS. Rein in your storyboarders this is beyond unacceptable

Especially since steven is 13-14 but who knows how that works. Seriously whats going on with that, is he in a stunted body or is it his mind?

>is it his mind

Considering he acts 5-7 years younger than he actually is, that's probably the case.

Give examples of other shows that do this

Because its cute

To be fair, it's literally a plot point that Steven's height changes abnormally depending on his mental state. There have been several episodes dedicated to it, including one whose entire plot was that his girlfriend was worried he'd stay a midget forever.

here, is she perfect now?

other than the stupid ass third arm placement yes

God damn young Vidalia is hot.

It's like a mix between Grimace and Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop.

Anybody have a link to today's ep?

How long before Smoky Quartz mirrors Steven and goes from fat to midget with huge head?

This will happen eventually

Because SU is such a shit show that even her creator doesn't care anymore

not with the current ratings

This is the worst one, Garnet on the right looks like fucking Cotton Hill

please

This is one of the most cancerous schedules I've ever seen for a network, and I like Gumball, TTG, and even think Cloudy is pretty entertaining.

The only way this would be acceptable is if they were having a one day "TOONBOOM ANIMATED SERIES MARATHON!" shit but this totally isn't the case. This is just been going on forever. At least in preivous schedules, I saw GLIMMERS of Bear Bares and Steven.

This is just three shows on loop and 1 movie.

The framerate is slowed down.

I honestly completely forgot Peridot looked like the 2nd one on the left.

So I dropped a while ago and after vaguely hearing about all of the fuck-ups that've been popping up this year, I'm glad that I did.

I'm guessing the show is getting Adventure Time'd to the point where even its creators are tire of it, or have no clue where to go with it anymore?

The face makes her look like a very obvious trap.

The tits however, counter that. Of course, whether or not she/they/it has a dick is a completely in the air.

>your pokemon adventure starts now

It's getting Adventure Time'd in the sense that it's dragging itself out too long and the storyboarders have been given too much freedom to do things their way. The only good episodes left, like Mr. Greg, have heavy involvement from Sugar, but she doesn't step her foot down often enough. It's been a downhill slope since Ian JQ left, since he was a competent director that helped mold a consistent vision for the rest of the crew.

So now Gumball is also taking over the network?

Not surprised, most shows jump the shark when they reach or go past 4-5 seasons, cartoons included.

First we need to get back the old character

why blonde, that's dumb

why tall and skinny, they're fat midgets

why peach, should be lavender if anything

>why blonde
It's pretty
>why tall and skinny
It's pretty

>why peach
Caucasian

Because it's pretty too.

sounds like an excuse to be lazy in design

I believe that picture is supposed to be tumblr's response to people bitching about Smoky Quartz's design. Could be wrong though.

She was perfect right after losing the limb enhancers. Then Zuke zuke'd everything up in such a Zukish way. We need to make Peridot great again.

Peridot was plenty cute in Catch and Release.

I'm not the one who designed it nor posted it.
However.

I prefer looking at prettier things than ugly.

could be pretty if the artist gave some actual effort in design

looks dumb

though I assume the only real reason for its existence is to mass appeal to Sup Forums's dick after whining about how ugly smoky quartz was