Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-7hBZNsPnyg
youtu.be/xTnpqjJae-g
youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I
youtube.com/watch?v=31ry9HOmI-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yGvVHt6UP2U
youtube.com/watch?v=rlRJLcy8NsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why the fuck did Obi-Wan show any sympathy towards him after he murdered his waifu? He didn't even hold Anakin after he chopped him up.

what the fuck

Still less laughable than this.

Well that was disappointing. If Maul had to die like a bitch, why couldn't Uncle Owen have done the honor of putting the mad dog down?
Anakin was also on fire

That was retardedly anticlimactic.

I choose to believe that the thrust is not created directly by the lightsaber blades because I'm an apologist faggot and I kind of like the show because it shows really how far 3D animation has come.

I would watch and enjoy Rebels if it was all lovingly rendered smoke and fire effect, because they all look great in this show

Fair point.

Rebels isn't a very good series, honestly.

Poor Little Sith Lord 3.

I prefer the old Owen death to this garbage. I'm not even a Maul fanboy, but Rebels has consistently let down. This was just the last straw for me here. All this build up for... Nothing. Think I'm done with Star Wars for good after that.

>Maul jobs to Obi-Wan AGAIN

C'mon, seriously, who DIDN'T see that coming?

Jesus, why didn't they just use jetpacks? That technology exists in-universe. Using lightsabers to fly like helicopters just looks strange.

Remember when we used to have good light saber fights?
youtu.be/-7hBZNsPnyg

How can a series that was made years before be 100x better?

Ironic in that tcw was better when it was forced to wrap shit up: ex. Ahsoka leaving the Jedi or the last episodes of TCW where Yoda speaks to Qui-Gon/Sidious/Priestesses. Season 2 and 3 of Rebels was good at build up, but horrible at wrap up.

This is so wonderfully shitty, the star wars fandom has hit that point where they could get a fucking turd and go"No, but it's so good, you don't understand man"

Being Obi-Wan must really suck you dedicated your life to a shit order of hyyporcits who won't let you use basic human emotions, spend years fighting and losing an intergalactic war see your Waifu die in front of you and spend decades in a desert planet wasting away for a small hope that you can save the galaxy

George Lucas, or more specifically, George Lucas's cash

I choose to believe they're doing it just for looks. Force Levitate is a thing

As someone who has disliked the bringing back of Maul since the beginning, I found his pathetic demise to be fitting and enjoyable.

Lucas invested a serious amount of money for this much more than Rebels current budget is per episode

Seriously, the budget card? NuStar Wars fans really will eat shit when put on their plate.

What the fuck are you talking about, Lucas putting millions per episode and essentially giving them free reign made clone wars a better show

Disney has way more cash than Lucas. There's no excuse for rebels to look so bad.

>Jedi use their powers selflessly, for the good of everyone

Don't worry, Sheev thought it was funny when Anakin said it, too.

The lightsabers don't even look right. They're like half as thick as they should be.

>That fight

Really? They hype this up forever and it just ends after a few hits?

You missed the thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You are not remembering hard enough

>youtu.be/xTnpqjJae-g

Nothing of value gets discussed in a general. It's just an autistic circle jerk.

Luke would have saved the galaxy earlier and could have been far more trained as a Jedi if his aunt and uncle didn't forbid Obi-Wan from teaching him the ways of the Force. Obi-Wan honestly seemed okay with letting go of Luke living his life in some backwater world instead of trying to fight the Empire, as he should have been doing.
Then why didn't Sheev levitate himself out of the plasma generator when Vader threw him towards it?

Disney are penny-pinchers compared to Lucas except when they needed to buy the franchise off of him. Now they'll strangle its quality to death slowly while they pocket every dime they get instead of elevating it to new potential. Disney are literally the Jedi Order of entertainment, stifling and niggardly in their singleminded drive to produce mediocrity that people will still pay for and be grateful to them for.

No it's just that they lost their way in the end

the difference being disney doesn't care about star wars while lucas did (special edition changes notwithstanding)

>They have a fight that matches up with Obi wans movie fighting style showing him to have out planned out outskilled the rage controlled darth maul
>Sup Forums thinks its boring and lame
Fuck you guys are plebs.

Hasn't it only been a decade plus x amount of years? How do they explain Obi Wan being ancient?

Use those mental gymnastics buddy. Soon enough that shit will end up tasting like chocolate if you ignore the corn.

How does Maul know about the prophecy?

If you really jerk off to MUH SABER fights you'll love the Phantom Menace. Just an expertly crafted piece of shit for idiots like you.

There's something weird about the weight of the character animations. And why are the lightsabers straw-thin?

>when you're no longer guilty of jobbing the hardest to general kenobi

Honestly I'm kinda glad this was so anticlimactic.

Maul's big heyday has come and gone; he's little more than a remnant of a bygone era, and I really wasn't expecting a lengthy Highlander-esque duel. It's more fitting that he goes out with a whisper on some backwater little world.

If you think there's anything realistic or skilled about the fight in the clip posted then you really need better glasses. It's just downright pathetic.

harsh desert conditions'll do that.

Why don't you just watch old trash like 12 Angry Men if you don't care about fight scenes?

>implying the problem is with the fight and not the length of the fight
>I don't know how to balance buildup and payoff
Keep eating up that nummy feces. Turd muncher.

I didn't expect much. Both Maul and Ben are out of practice and passed their prime. Having the duel end quickly is a more realistic outcome, and a good contrast to the previous battles.

youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I
Man look at this its just pathetic lol
Saber fights should never be about retarded long winded fights you should care about whos fighting.

I don't think the anticlimax is really a problem, it's just that I think their brief exchange could've been done better.

maul was always the biggest jobber, remember he got done in by padawan kenobi while grievous got taken out by fully-fledged jedi master kenobi

>12 Angry Men is bad
What? What the fuck?

is that fight really anyone's favorite?

Isn't he supposed to have robot legs? What the fuck is going on

I'm getting so fucking mad. You guys aren't serious right

Real reason to keep the OT fanboys happy or something cannon reason decades of stress, self doubt and getting sand out of your asshole turns you gray in no time

It is pretty shit. It's like a really lame attempt at fencing but without the finesse. Luke vs Vader in The Empire Strikes Back is better. I don't believe in a rule about how long a fight should be, but it's possible to appreciate a fight on its technical merits alone without being invested in the narrative. Of course, the best ones demonstrate both technical competence and an engaging narrative but you don't need both to appreciate a fight scene.

You guys take starwars really seriously

>Darth Maul has been using a double-sided lightsaber for twenty years or more by this point
>Tries to block Obi-Wan's saber with the hilt, the one small area of the lightsaber that can be cut through.

Live like a bitch, die like a bitch.

Jesus, does Obi-Wan have a Force Power that makes overhyped villains job to him or something?

Agreed, it's the best thing on planet earth. You should be watching nothing but old shit like that. We'll be sorry to lose you as a poster on this board, but we understand that you are too mature and intellectual to waste your time with children's entertainment. Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Maul truly is King of the Jobbers.

>lightsaber fights are supposed to be big and epic and 12 minutes long with flips and kicks through volcanos or else they suck!!!

You're right, angry 15 year olds. Maybe Yoda should have showed up and done some flips or something.

Yes, it's called plot armor.

That would be Scarecrow.

I think he meant to pull a qui gon on him

Anakin made a choice to join the Dark side. Maul was forced into it. Obi-Wan knows Maul's backstory and he has nothing but Kenobi's pity.

This is so fucking stupid, my god.

does Maul not age or something?

it's kinda sad Mauls tries to get revenge on the one thing in the galaxy he could actually get his hand on and gets Jobbed instantly it was literally the only living he had gong for him and he still couldn't do it

>Plasma blades create lift
>Instead of fucking baking the air and killing whoever they're carrying due to convection
I mean, I know lightsabers make no sense, but they could at least try to keep things sort of plausible.

I don't understand here. Why are you both implying someone can't enjoy old classic films like 12 Angry Men and new things, while also implying that 12 Angry Men is bad? What about that film gets you so triggered?

It's funny. I watched 12 Angry Men last night and enjoyed it. Coincidence people are talking about it here.

I still don't get how light sabers could create any conceivable form of lift

Obi-Wan is a cheater when it comes to fights. He defeated Maul when Maul didn't see his attack coming. Same thing applies to Grievous. Obi-Wan shoot him in a sword fight. When he fought Anakin, he exploited Ani's overconfidence and corruption to the Dark Side by exposing him to a more vulnerable position. Those aren't jobbing. Obi-Wan just doesn't play fair.

That's not fucking cheating. That's like saying Grevious cheats because he has four fucking arms.

Just seems like the sort of thing a 19 year old college kid who sniffs his own ass would cite as the best thing ever while pretending to be above wanting well-executed fight scenes in a sci-fi adventure series, but still inexplicably watching said series and arguing with people about it. Why are you so butthurt?

I don't understand either. Its a classic film, and to enjoy it doesn't mean you can't enjoy action, in fact in many ways it is an action film just the action is not a physical confrontation.

Same here. I always thought it was a stupid idea. Literally the only reason they brought him back was bc he was the only cool thing about ep I. Felt so cash grabby. Why not bring Grevious back now too or something.. Makes more sense seeing as he was already a cyborg.

My point is that if you don't enjoy fight scenes and don't care if they're good because you're a giant pretentious faggot who enjoys watching old people talk about bullshit for two hours straight then you should fuck off and stop bothering people trying to talk about an action-adventure series.

I think this was well executed. It gets the point across that Obi Wan is better at sword fighting then Darth Maul and didn't waste 12 minutes doing it.
I don't watch this series I just saw this fight on the front page
IF were going to talk about an old fight I actually do Jerk off to it would be Kyuzo's duel in seven samurai.
youtube.com/watch?v=31ry9HOmI-Y
Fight Scenes don't need to be long to be effective.
>Giant Pretentious Faggot
I mean if you think so.

And then to keep it Sup Forums here is a fight that is equally as effective and short
youtube.com/watch?v=yGvVHt6UP2U
You may see in my two examples I use samurai pieces, well guess fucking what Star Wars is about magical space Samurai. Short and effective is better then this youtube.com/watch?v=rlRJLcy8NsA
Fucking trite shit.

I know I'll get hate for it, but I actually liked the duel between Vader and Obi, even if it was too drawn out. Obi didn't win because he had stronger force powers, was more skilled with the lightsaber, or because of the terrain, he goaded Vader into commiting a fatal mistake on his part, and Vader was too high on the force to realize it. It just shows how having peace of mind, something most Sith lack, can determine the battle.

Obi-Wan had the moral high ground.
That said, I'm happy to see a short samurai-esque fight.

I really liked it. Especially that scene where the one angry juror said he would kill the one that voted not guilty because he was mad and the guy told him "You don't really mean that do you?" after previously everyone discussed the intent of the defendant using that phrase was really good.

It could have done all that with out them flipping around a volcano for 20 god damn minutes then landing on a slight incline plane and claiming that as a fight winning tactical advantage.

Yeah it's a great film. Weird that it came up in such a way.

wow this is some lazy bullshit. like they couldn't come up with more dialogue and a sword battle between two experience masters? holy fuck this is garbage. i sure as fuck am glad i didn't watch rebels. oh my shit.

All of you are complaining but I actually really liked that.

is there really anything wrong with this? it's a pathetic end for the second most pathetic jobber in star wars history

Today I will remind them.

Maul really hasn't aged much, while Obi-Wan looks way older than he looks.

It's almost as if they're completely different species with different lifespans.

Obi-Wan's likely hit his own Yoda-esque level; he knows his place and destiny in the universe, and nobody's going to move him from that; not even Maul.

It's weird, I enjoy these moments in Jack but I still don't like the Maul fight

that seems like an annoying rule to keep in mind. If I recall one of the warhammer fantasy books has something like that for Halberds.

>Two experienced masters
You mean one experienced master and a guy who's just about always been second-rate.

I found it to be a fitting end to the guy.

It gets better.
Darth Maul approaching the edge of the pit in Phantom Menace counts as moving adjacent (depending on your DM). That implies Obi-Wan had this feat from the beginning.