Is Sup Forums excited for Refn's new show?

Is Sup Forums excited for Refn's new show?

twitter.com/NicolasWR/status/935330459432534016

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt6517320/?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Didn't know he was making one

yes

what's the show about?

lmao, the madman did it.

>It explores the criminal underbelly of Los Angeles by following characters' existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurais in the City of Angels.
imdb.com/title/tt6517320/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Wasn't aware of this before, but I am now.

Visually he's one of the best directors working, and I'm thinking being on TV will force him to have an actual plot which is the problem with his movies (to greater or lesser extent)

>only the first episode is directed by him
No

have you only seen post-valhalla rising refn? he can do plot

>Not understanding how the television industry works

Sounds pretentious but i'm interested

Not the person you replied to but could you explain? I notice that the creator of a TV show only Directs a few episodes, I would have thought they'd want to direct all of them.

>great again
what did he mean by this?

All episodes of The Knick and Season 3 of Twin Peaks are by the same director

tv is in slash marks
is one /oneofusguys\?

>Directed by Refn.
>Written by Ed Brubaker.

Either that or it's photoshopped.

the lines are crooked as fucked that shit isn't photoshoped that was microsoft painted

Did Refn come up with the title for this show from the trailers for BvS?

So basically in television the main creative control comes from the showrunner or executive producer. They may direct from time to time but usually they have others do it after they've set the tone and shtoyle
The reason being that being a showrunner is exhausting and it would kill most people to do both.

These are exceptions to the rule by autuers, s1 of Preacher was directed by Seth and Evan in this fashion

Really? Wow that takes away a lot of my excitement, i thought he was directing all episodes and was the showrunner.

wtf is Sup Forums