Seriously guys...where did the talented actresses go?

Seriously guys...where did the talented actresses go?

How come actresses in general have such short careers at the top, while actors last longer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Huppert
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Rampling
youtu.be/7zMi01GrWdU?t=171
youtube.com/watch?v=8i8BLrnpKKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Age. Stop fucking producers for roles. Find other interests outside of acting

She's been used up by Harvey and no other producers wants the leftovers.

I want to lick her chest

Are you implying shes "talented"?

When are you going to post an example of a talented actress OP?

its called acting without acting desu

when they stop being hot

Roles for women are less interesting, less difficult & less iconic. They are more self conscious about their image.

Paul Verhoeven could not find an american actress last year for Elle. Isabelle Huppert (bless the ice queen!!!) agreed to do the movie and won a golden globe.

I want her to fart whilst sitting on my face.

The US is full of shit actresses because they're hired based on looks more than talent.

People say "the wall" or whatever, and that's partially true. But honestly it's because women can't act. I have never been convinced by a woman's performance.

Probably worth asking how much good actors are really needed now regardless, at least in the Hollywood productions. Wonderwoman can't even speak english.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Huppert

She cannot fucking act, she has no charisma and she has a shitty personality in real life, no one likes working with her.

Weinstein couldn't to give her a boost.
The Funny Jew Crew couldn't give her a boost.
Coppola couldn't to give her a boost.
Aronofsky couldn't give her a boost.

She casting couch'd herself for Disney role, which would've been a hit even without her.

Very few actors/actresses get this many chances. She's lucky she isn't doing lifetime movies, that's more her speed.

Even Cara has surpassed her, and she started acting in like 2016.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Rampling

Thankfully this won't be a problem once men are expelled from leadership positions in Hollywood.

It's a high time for this. The future is female, no one cares about male dominated films anymore.

Unironically this

Bitch is aging like milk.

STRAIGHT TO THE TOP

That's like attributing the success of "Finding Nemo" to Ellen Degeneres and Brad Garett

>actors last longer
do they

>Even Cara has surpassed her, and she started acting in like 2016.
She didn't though, they're both shit.

It's just Watson. Many young actresses achieved success. Stewart is a very good example.

This is it.

Just look at the actresses who have had lengthy careers. They have all managed to diversify into different roles.

They're not scared of veering away from type.

There's only so many times the audience will want to see an actress play the same fucking part.

That's the problem with Hollywood, not with actresses. Older women are simply not needed for the films produced in Hollywood. It's actually very different for European cinema.

To bed with Harvey of course where all award winning "actresses" go. Just like Jennifer Lawrence.

List of genuinely talented actresses with believable and even iconic roles:
>Sigourney Weaver
>Hellen Mirren
>Meryl Streep
>Ellen Burstyn
>Judi Dench
>Susan Sarandon
>Glenn Close
>Jodie Foster
>Cate Blanchett
>Kate Winslet
>Julianne Moore
>Frances McDormand
>Viola Davis

As to any actress younger than 40 gets very tricky:
>Natalie Portman (Black Swan and Jackie)
>Lupita Nyongo (12 years a slave)
>Saoirse Ronan (Atonement...)

I personally agree with alot of people here that women dont make for (rarely) interesting characters, simply because women lack the biological imperative to either be a villain with a clear motive (Lady MacBeth) or the physical strength to enact said motive with agency. That means that women tend to make for shitty villains on their own.

Furthermore women in the real world revolve their actions and behavior around men and other women. That means that they rarely make for compelling or interesting protagonists or characters with strong opposition/adversaries.

Ellen Ripley is a perfect example of a great female heroine, since her motivation in "Aliens" is her mother instinct and her survival instinct.

Lastly as many have mentioned in this thread, women have as of late (10 years) become more and more characters of eye candy, rather that characters of substance. This is both due to viewer demand and also due to our superficial and shallow culture in the West (since the 90s).

And yes, dear roasties. Young women have and expiration date up until theyre 24, or pregnancy, or until the drugs/alcohol take their obvious toll, while men who have to work incredibly hard for their physique tend to work even harder to maintain their looks.

:3

Ugh her freckles just kill me

is this a recent photo?

she looks haggard as fuck here

source pls

whose that cute girl user?

I must know

I'm going to take a slightly different tack and say that part of the reason the men who built their careers, say, fifteen to twenty five years ago, have lasted so long is that the nu crop of males tend to be bland prettyboys with no actual charisma to go with their looks, and fail to knock the established out of their top spots. Not all of them, just most. So eventually I expect it to level out a bit when the "good olds" die.

Good post

A man of refined tastes I see

Do milk

>where did the talented actresses go?

They're around, but usually doesn't star in blockbusters, at least not as the young love interest.

Examples of currently working, excellent female actors:
>Carrie Coon
>Elizabeth Moss
>Winona Ryder
>Rhea Seehorn
>Allison Tolman
>Frances McDormand
>Tilda Swinton

>How come actresses in general have such short careers at the top, while actors last longer?

Because sexism.

>Elizabeth Moss
lolno
>Winona Ryder
lolno
>Rhea Seehorn
Literally who
>Allison Tolman
Fatty pretending to be Frances McDormand

>Because sexism.
Roast beef everyone.

>Even Cara has surpassed her
Cara is literally Emma except lankier and more fridge-esque

Go back to Sup Forums, insect.

And better looking

all these plebs

Roasties please go.

>>How come actresses in general have such short careers at the top, while actors last longer?
>milk their hotness
>their hotness vanishes
>???
i guess now with all the meme women characters this may change, but i doubt it, you'll still need the uninteresting women characters to be young so teen girls can project their uninteresting lives unto them

Emma is more visually pleasing only due to a fact that Cara looks like she's a coke addict

white women age like milk after all, but if emma had tits like that i wouldnt give a fuck

Let's ask it this way, how many interesting women do you know irl? How many interesting historical figures you know of are women?

They're a meme gender

NEED A GF NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW GIV GF

Watson's head is enormous.

Girls / Woman become physically unappealing faster than men.

MILKIES!

Jesus christ, tfw no gf.

Cara has money backing her, not sex-based favours to Jews

The average actress only got to where they are by sucking the right cocks, but because most are as talented as an actress in a low budget local theatre, they don't have any stay power. Only a few are an exception, like Tilda swinton, and the Australian milf. Also most movies are have male protagonists. There's not many good roles for actresses to play, other than the main man's love interest/sidekick

wew

I don't see anything wrong with this post

Look how little of her head is her face. She looks like she should be in Mars Attacks.

The video is about her getting a breast reduction

In that video, the girl question was discussing about how she's going to get a breast reduction. She doesn't have those milkers anymore.

youtu.be/7zMi01GrWdU?t=171
It's a 16 year old girl talking about getting a breast reduction. She's basically just showing her body to prove she's a tiny girl and isn't doing it to lose weight
>tfw care more about that qt face than the tits

For reference, this is her months after getting her tits chopped youtube.com/watch?v=8i8BLrnpKKY
I still think she's insanely hot but I don't care much about tit size in general
I do think it's silly to immediately go to invasive surgery as the first option instead of just fucking doing some back exercise though

>I do think it's silly to immediately go to invasive surgery as the first option instead of just fucking doing some back exercise though
b-but i might get big like those bodybuilders user! i had to cut them off!

>emma watson is so perfect that loners on Sup Forums need to make up flaws to give her

She looks way better

fucking hell, why not teach her deadlifts instead?

>crossfit
>deadlift

Wouldn't even need to be deadlifts
Just give her any stupid machine circuit any old retarded PT would give her. Some rows and she's good

Peak Emma. Even her body was nicer here

All that "He for She" insanity makes a lot of sense now. I feel bad for her.

>I am literally blind

>no eva green

I could see why she got Harvested

whatever, just don't mutilate yourself at 16 to avoid carrying less than 1kg of meat around

Emma is pretty talented and underrated in my opinion. She starred in a few good movies like Noah, Bling Ring, Regression and the blockbuster B&B. She only gets flak here for being a dishonest person by not paying taxes and being the posterchild for some obscure feminist group. Every poster here would still let her ride on their broom when given the chance.

>Noah
Even leaving aside that her acting was mediocre at best, do you really wanna call that a "good movie"?

are you a fedora tipper by any means?
Yes Noah was a great action adaption of a biblical passage. I enjoyed it.

If I was a fanatical atheist I surely wouldn't have seen the movie. On the other hand, if I was an actual Christian I'd probably be pissed with all the bullshit they invented for the movie
As it stands I couldn't give a single fuck about how close to the Bible it may or may not be, it's just a terrible terrible movie
The action sequences make no sense
The timeframe makes no sense
Having an entire civilization of evil humans as villains makes no sense

She is derpy

She's terrible. Zero range whatsoever.
She always just plays "Emma Watson".

>>If I was a fanatical atheist I surely wouldn't have seen the movie
The director is an atheist himself.

Words actually have meaning user, that's why I said "fanatical", as implied by your fedora comment

How likely is it that Harvey bent her over and fucked her doggystyle while using her arms as handles?

The reason for that is because you took the stance to see her in movies only for her. emma watson and not for the character she's portraying. you conditioned yourself.

It's not an accurate retelling of noah's struggle.

>you went from seeing her as innocent, studious hermione to a feminist whorebag
i don't like this timeline
it's not fair

I am aware, my criticisms were purely in the context of the story presented in the movie
I guess I should have elaborated more:
The action sequences made no sense because there was apparently just an entire army of evil humans right next to the Ark. They also somehow toppled the almost invincible earth-angel things way too easily
The timeframe made no sense because Tubal-cain spent several months just hiding on the Ark